Hey calling especially anyone with modding experience.

Basically, if you aren't aware, the Grimoire Imprint spells are buggy in that sometimes they take a spell permanently and add it to your action bar. With my current game, I suspect it's related to doing grimoire-switching before your target dies, because I'm doing a lot of grimoire switching (and shapeshifting) and now I already have two permanent spells (after just a few uses of imprint), and I feel like I'm going to accumulate a lot more as a result.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to remove these spells, or to mod it s.t. these imprint spells don't screw up like this. I suspect there are some fun "cheese" opportunities with this imprint effect to be had, but I'm mostly worried that I'm going to mess up the UI if I get too many permanent spells and stretch my action bar.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

I happens if you cast an imprint spell from a grimoire, for example Major Grimoire Imprint (and didn't learn that spell) and after casting that imprint spell you switch to a grimoire without that imprint spell in it. Then the spell in the action bar that you stole (and which has unlimited uses) will stay forever.

Mechanically it works exactly like the Draining Touch trick (don't learn, cast from grimoire, switch to a grimorie without Draining Touch in it).

I guess the imprint spell manages not only the "stealing" but also the removal of those temporary stolen spells. When you switch grimoires that imprint spell with its management ability gets removed from your character (since you haven't learned it) - and that means said imprint ability can't manage (=remove in this case) the stolen spells anymore.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If you're not against using IRoll20s in the console you can simply remove them by typing RemoveAbility <player_name> <spell_name>

since i have all achievements i guess it doesn't hurt, seeing the red warning "achievements disabled" text does trigger negative perceptions though 😕

I don't know if retraining will remove them. Maybe not...

It's pretty cool to be able to permanently get Wizard-, Priest- and Druid spells though. A bit like supermulticlassing. And who needs Bloodmage then? ;) 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

You can try the Unity console. Someone released a fix in the posts section of NexusMods. it works for 5.0 now. I have it installed. With that, you can probably remove it without using the console. 

Edited by boareder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wizard's imprinted spells will end up added in your spellbook with infinite uses if you didn't have them. In other words you can pick any kind of wizard (however a blood mage can spam lvl8-9 spells too) and steal every available spell of lvl7 or less. From druid/priest I don't know what is worth picking besides BDD/SoT... Maybe Withdraw (for the Ultimate), Nature's Bounty?

31 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Wizard's imprinted spells will end up added in your spellbook with infinite uses if you didn't have them. In other words you can pick any kind of wizard (however a blood mage can spam lvl8-9 spells too) and steal every available spell of lvl7 or less. From druid/priest I don't know what is worth picking besides BDD/SoT... Maybe Withdraw (for the Ultimate), Nature's Bounty?

SC Bloodmage, the ultimate MC Caster - pick one class, get 2 class spell lists for free!

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

From druid/priest I don't know what is worth picking besides BDD/SoT... Maybe Withdraw (for the Ultimate), Nature's Bounty

Infinite Relentless Storm!

Infestation of Maggots is also nuts when paired with Combusting Wounds and all the DoT/pulsing/ticking spells that such a toon could fire. The synergy with Missile Salvo and Meteor Shower 😱

The potential combos are jaw-dropping. At some point I'd like to introduce this Magical Batman to Shadow Camembert the permanently invisible Assassin, they could have a little Raclette-party.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Haha 1

I don't know which spells can be stolen from enemy druids/priests/wizards - but after some testing it seems the choice is rather limited since I often ended up with the same old spells - or I had bad luck.  

Anyway: the ability to cast spells non-stop is extremely tempting. Maybe I will try a spell stealing Berserker/Evoker and try to spam lower level stolen nukes in combination with Blood Thirst. :) Or something else that gives me high casting speed and short/no recovery... Streetfighter/Evoker with mortars maybe? Or should I shoot Scordeo's Trophy with Wall of Draining and collect an absurd amount of recovery bonus before start spamming? 🤔

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I don't know which spells can be stolen from enemy druids/priests/wizards - but after some testing it seems the choice is rather limited since I often ended up with the same old spells - or I had bad luck.

I can't remember if this spell has friendly fire? In which case you could hire toons, train them to have specific spells and steal their spells? Can't test right now. If no friendly fire, maybe being Confused could still work to force it?

• Gasp! 1

27 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Some spells are harder to obtain than others, don't know if it's bad luck or the chance is not the same. However I managed to get the best ones and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to get all of them (besides the unique ones). Anyway it's not an easy task if you want to get everything.

• Like 1

Oh my God I just made a Berserker/Wizard and stole Blessed Harvest from Xoti.

JjOn.gif

Hello and welcome Willbreaker + Spirit Frenzy + some con affliction + Bloody Slaugther + Blessed Harvest! *boom*

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Infinite Relentless Storm!

Infestation of Maggots is also nuts when paired with Combusting Wounds and all the DoT/pulsing/ticking spells that such a toon could fire. The synergy with Missile Salvo and Meteor Shower 😱

The potential combos are jaw-dropping. At some point I'd like to introduce this Magical Batman to Shadow Camembert the permanently invisible Assassin, they could have a little Raclette-party.

Well, since you can just spam some powerful wizard spells and kill really fast I don't think those would make a big difference. Also you should keep in mind that you will use them as a PL0 priest/druid and they will be less effective than usual (less acc/dmg/pen).

• Thanks 1

It's true that the non-existent PL is a bit offputting. But there are some spells where it doesn't matter that much (e.g. summons and summoned weapons - maybe I can steal spiritual weapons as well...?). With a fellow Priest/Druid/Wizard hireling you can exactly determine which spell you want to steal (with the help of confusion). You just only learn that one with the hireling... ;)

Edit: I just tried Consecrated Ground - I never realized that it stacks. Since you can spam it like crazy (when stolen) it provides immense healing even if it doesn't scale with PL. Cool...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Taste of the Hunt - excellent spell to steal for a Berserker/Wizard. The non-scaling isn't good for the attack roll but the weapon quality helps. And the raw dmg and healing are great to have.
Healing 40+ health with every hit just so while doing around 20 raw per tick is still great.

And now you can have Firebrand as non-druid, too. :) The duration is quite long anyways so the lack of PL doesn't hurt either.

Edit: also just being able to spam Thrust of Tattered Veils at any time for the 100% interrupt (cause auto-hit) is quite nice.

Stacking Chillfogs like there's no tomorrow... It's all quite fun I must say. I use some Priest or Druid heals to stay alive while spamming all those wizard nukes with Tenacious for free.

tenor.gif?itemid=8698973

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It's true that the non-existent PL is a bit offputting. But there are some spells where it doesn't matter that much (e.g. summons and summoned weapons - maybe I can steal spiritual weapons as well...?). With a fellow Priest/Druid/Wizard hireling you can exactly determine which spell you want to steal (with the help of confusion). You just only learn that one with the hireling... ;)

Edit: I just tried Consecrated Ground - I never realized that it stacks. Since you can spam it like crazy (when stolen) it provides immense healing even if it doesn't scale with PL. Cool...

The spiritual weapons won't have the increased lash, but Firebrand and its fire damage is nice.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

The spiritual weapons won't have the increased lash.

I didn't try that - but it's likely. 

By the way: you can also steal spells from your hireling's grimoires (which they haven't learned). That includes unique spells like Zandethus's Draconic Fury etc. For that you need to be a SC Wizard though because only then you can cast Major Grimoire Imprint and not only Minor GI. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Gasp! 1

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I didn't try that - but it's likely. 

By the way: you can also steal spells from your hireling's grimoires (which they haven't learned). That includes unique spells like Zandethus's Draconic Fury etc. For that you need to be a SC Wizard though because only then you can cast Major Grimoire Imprint and not only Minor GI. 

That's nice - then you don't need to switch grimoires anymore. Maybe that's the easiest way to get every spell - use a hireling with only the spell you need learned and steal it from him.  🤣

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Between Minor GI + multiclassing and Major  GI on SC wizard, also being able to steal unique/grimoire spells, many new possibilities are opening for Uber cheese. I can’t wait to try it out. 

So just SoT is already very busted on a sc wizard.

Not having 6 secs cd from brilliant makes for very fast extension.

Even made a little vid because I think this is stinkier cheese than SOF 😄 :

• Like 3

while i prefer not playing with SoF and perma brilliant - the reason is: if i play a full playthrough with it i can delete the game, i will never have fun in it again. Nothing compares to perma blade cascade in damage - but i really want to appreciate a bellower casting empowered eld nary every fight, or killing stuff slowly while tanking them - i would never be able to do that if i ran through the game on godmode (why i know that? because thats what happened to other good games for me)

But i can appreciate a good cheese. And this can be used in a fun run (same as concelhaut's draining touch).

And for you Raven - have fun with an even easier godmode, just don't leave the watershaper guild at the wrong time next run ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1