1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I'd argue that Arcane Archer is the best Ranger subclass by far (if build "properly"). At least it's the Ranger subclass with the most impact on fights in my playthroughs. 

Double bounce leading to 3 parallel instances of Binding Web and 3 parallel Pulls of Eora with insane accuracy, done in mere seconds (if starting from stealth) is incredible CC. And the damage comes on top.

Gunhawks are cool, the higher range and esp. the interrupts are nice - but it just doesn't have the same impact for me.  

But the bonus armor from the stalker wouldn’t be better in a solo try? 
I dont know how the Arcane arche works, how can I make 3 attacks?

And what priest subclass should I pick? Wael for the defensive buffs, or I can be more aggressive because the pet will be tanking most of times?

14 hours ago, Ranndar said:

I dont know how the Arcane arche works, how can I make 3 attacks?

You use either Watershaper's Focus or Fire in the Hole and pick Driving Flight. Imbue shots of the Arcane Archer will proc their effect with the initial hit and with every bounce, too. 

Initial attack + build-in bounce + Driving Flight's bounce = 3 instances of Binding Web or Pull of Eora. This is extremely useful to start an encounter with. Even the Blast's recovery penalty from Watershaper's Focus isn't a big deal if you can start from stealth. Your first shot (Imbue:Web) will have -85% recovery from stealth - so you can follow up with the second one (Imbue:Eora) nearly right away. After that the recovery will be long. But you did two shots with grand CC in a few seconds and dealt 6 Blast attacks on top of the CC which an many cases also procs Ondra's Wrath.
In order to hit as many enemies from stealth as possible you can either send in your Animal Companion as bait or you use traps or Sparkcrackers etc. to lure them. Then fire from stealth. 

The enemies will get pulled together like crazy and they can't move, too. Tis results in a lot of enemies in a very tight space. You can then shower them with whatever spells you have. I wouldn't use damaging imbue shots because PEN is not scaling for those in vanilla game (that's fixed with the Community Patch). But as Priest you will have enough late-game goodies you can throw at such a clump of enemies. 

Arcane Archer also has high motivation to raise Arcana to the max - and high level scrolls are very good for soloing. For example you can unload Great Maelstrom onto those gathered enemies or switch to Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole and use Avenging Storm. 

For emergencies you can use Potion of Invisibility and just leave combat (unless Berath's Challenge is active).

Against bosses Stalker is better though imo. Often bosses are resistant to DEX afflictions - so Web doesn't have a great effect. Pull of Eora can still be useful but in the long run the AR and deflection of a Stalker are great. But I guess you can have some good tools as Priest vs. bosses, so maybe it doesn't have to be a Stalker. And as soon as you have that Brilliant + Salvation of Time thing going survivability doesn't matter anyway...

I did a solo Stalker/Wizard run and it was very good, no doubt (Megabosses aside which sometimes require some special feats - see Huani o Whe). But in general I value the Arcane Archer higher because of his unique effects that can make most encounters trivial.

With Priest I would pick a class that not only has fire damage at its disposal. Berath is nice bc. of corrode dmg alternatives for example.

If you want melee then def. pick Stalker imo.      

Animal Companions are not good at tanking. You can use them in many ways but pure tanking is not what ethey excel at. But you can for example pick the Bear, give him Resiliant Companion and then cast Chamipon's Boon on him. That will give him quite high AR which lets him live longer and also give him +3 engagement. Against every target he then engages you will have +10 ACC because of Stalker's Link. Combine with Marked for the Hunt and your spells will get +20 ACC against those enemies - which is great. If you use good debuffs (Searing Seal + Devotions + Desponent Blows for example) the enemies' ACC will be abysmal and your Bear will be able to stay alive for quite some time while you take out enemies.

However - if you play the Barring Death's Door + Brilliant + Salvation of Time game then you can also make your Animal Companion immortal and tank with it forever of course.   

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My idea now is that I will be the tank, and the pet focused more in dps. Priest of Wael is the better choice? Or Goldpact Paladin, with the AR bonus from the Stalker and the Goldpact Will be better?

And the atributes, I am considering maximize DEX and PER and leave the rest in 10, would be fine?

Edited by Ranndar

Stalker/Goldpact can tank better than Stalker/Priest (cheesy stuff like Barring Death's Door + Salvation of Time aside). 

I pesonally like Stalker/Bloodmage better because you can tank well while you'll have a good summon (Essential + Substancial Phantom) and an Animal Companion and lots of spell uses.

But Stalker/Goldpact requires a lot less fuzz and can be quite effective with very little use of Zeal. AR and defenses will be great. Accuracy, too. Also Paladin can heal the Animal Companion and make it sturdy without casting lenghty spells. Revive it even. I think it's a good combo for solo.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I promise is the last time I come here to ask. I am between this bulids:

Templar, Cleric and Sheperd.

I still dont know what priest subclass I take. Woedica looks interesting, the debuffs are useful in a solo run? Or Berath is better because of the offensive spells? 

14 minutes ago, Ranndar said:

I promise is the last time I come here to ask. I am between this bulids:

Templar, Cleric and Sheperd.

I still dont know what priest subclass I take. Woedica looks interesting, the debuffs are useful in a solo run? Or Berath is better because of the offensive spells? 

Skaen is best in a solo run, invis makes you untargetable by a lot of aoe spells, even the dispelling ones.