16 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Pretty sure @thelee used Avenging Storm scrolls for the stun component in his Ultimate.

Avenging Storm doesn't stun, only Returning/Relentless Storm and they aren't very reliable because they target fortitude and strike randomly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Avenging Storm doesn't stun, only Returning/Relentless Storm and they aren't very reliable because they target fortitude and strike randomly.

Hm I rewatched the vid and I guess my memory is just bad, he uses priest summon to separate them.

That being said can't you just separate them while one is knocked up? they don't start merging until they are low hp, so just knock one up and kite?

Also I guess you could just use grave Calling with Clear Out? Not guaranteed but with Blade Cascade and enough hit to crit should be up almost permanently and once again they don't start merging before low hp and once the paralyze is on it has like 6 secs duration.

Once one has his hp low enough it will stay next to the other one and try to merge, it won't follow you. Also Clear out suffers from the same problem as WotEP and it's not even spammable.

If you are able to get the energized buff long enough, then you could use a ranged weapon with bounce and interrupt on crits (easier when you target deflection instead of fortitude). 

Edited by Kaylon

4 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Once one has his hp low enough it will stay next to the other one and try to merge, it won't follow you.

Yes that's why I meant separate it before they even get low xd.

But I think Grave Calling is just gonna be the best option with blade Cascade.

6 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Yes that's why I meant separate it before they even get low xd.

But I think Grave Calling is just gonna be the best option with blade Cascade.

How can you have Blade Cascade? If you have Blade Cascade then you can have any buff and it doesn't matter anymore what class you're using. 😉

Edited by Kaylon

17 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

How can you have Blade Cascade? If you have Blade Cascade then you can have any buff and it doesn't matter anymore what class you're using. 😉

I'd rather play all classes and for those who need SoF so be it, shrug.

Playing the same 2 classes over and over gets boring. 😛

Don't know if it's feasible or not, but you could in theory upgrade Visage of Death's Herald to Energized and have it for about 1 minute which would allow then to use scrolls of Storm of Holly Fire to try to rapidly deal damage and interrupt.

PS. Assassin/Tactician would be a good candidate because he can easily debuff reflex and then become invisible for increased accuracy. When they split for the second time it might be possible also to spam Mule Kick with WotEP because the oozes are smaller.

Edited by Kaylon

13 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Don't know if it's feasible or not, but you could in theory upgrade Visage of Death's Herald to Energized and have it for about 1 minute which would allow then to use scrolls of Storm of Holly Fire to try to rapidly deal damage and interrupt.

PS. Assassin/Tactician would be a good candidate because he can easily debuff reflex and then become invisible for increased accuracy. When they split for the second time it might be possible also to spam Mule Kick with WotEP because the oozes are smaller.

I came very close to besting Hauani with Assassin/Devoted a few times using a somewhat similar tactic, with loads of scrolls of Meteor Shower and Gaze of the Adragan. The problem is that every Hauani forms after its first split don't stay in place unless they see you, and start wandering around the second you turn invisible. Trying to land stuff from invisibility on the Gigantic Oozes is quite infuriating for that reason. I think it's doable, but subject to a lot of luck and RNG.

1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I came very close to besting Hauani with Assassin/Devoted a few times using a somewhat similar tactic, with loads of scrolls of Meteor Shower and Gaze of the Adragan. The problem is that every Hauani forms after its first split don't stay in place unless they see you, and start wandering around the second you turn invisible. Trying to land stuff from invisibility on the Gigantic Oozes is quite infuriating for that reason. I think it's doable, but subject to a lot of luck and RNG.

I think they stay in place once they can merge. If they start to wander then it would be very easy to prevent them from merging just by turning invisible and killing them one after another.

My forbidden fist/paladin can interrupt both with ff timed right - too bad his acc is a Bit too low (8 acc for 100% hit  i think…) now i need perfect timing to get a retry in case of a graze…

managed to kill one in 40 mins of trying (1 kill in 4 merges or something like That?)- just to misjudge the Point when they start merging again… had hauani in Front of me again within a few secs - can‘t interrupt the newly merged Ooze.

There should be quite some ways to kill Hauani, Assassin/Cypher is simply ridiculous easy.

What about Boil the Flesh? Doesn‘t ist destroy the Enemy too? (Never used the ability and can‘t test it now)

2 minutes ago, Reent said:

My forbidden fist/paladin can interrupt both with ff timed right - too bad his acc is a Bit too low (8 acc for 100% hit  i think…) now i need perfect timing to get a retry in case of a graze…

managed to kill one in 40 mins of trying (1 kill in 4 merges or something like That?)- just to misjudge the Point when they start merging again… had hauani in Front of me again within a few secs - can‘t interrupt the newly merged Ooze.

There should be quite some ways to kill Hauani, Assassin/Cypher is simply ridiculous easy.

What about Boil the Flesh? Doesn‘t ist destroy the Enemy too? (Never used the ability and can‘t test it now)

Can't you just use stalking cloak + Whispers as SC monk?

Hylea gauntlets + dance for wounds?

10 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Can't you just use stalking cloak + Whispers as SC monk?

Hylea gauntlets + dance for wounds?

stalking cloak+whispers=stunned 

stunned against might resistance=dazed…

I don‘t think that works?

I noticed that enemies killed by Riven Gore of Amra (destroy enemies <50 health) get completely removed from the battlefield (no corpse, no fancy animation, just *plop* gone). Does anybody know if this prevents oozes from splitting like Dinsintegration does?  

• Hmmm 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

44 minutes ago, Reent said:

stalking cloak+whispers=stunned 

stunned against might resistance=dazed…

I don‘t think that works?

You don't need to stun hauani, just the gigantics.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Yeah, for monks it's ridicoulously easy to kill Hauani with WotW after splitting.

40 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I noticed that enemies killed by Riven Gore of Amra (destroy enemies <50 health) get completely removed from the battlefield (no corpse, no fancy animation, just *plop* gone). Does anybody know if this prevents oozes from splitting like Dinsintegration does?  

I tried all items/abilities with destroying effects. The only one that works is Disintegration (not sure if it's a feature or a bug 🤣)

3 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Yeah, for monks it's ridicoulously easy to kill Hauani with WotW after splitting.

I tried all items/abilities with destroying effects. The only one that works is Disintegration (not sure if it's a feature or a bug 🤣)

I vaguely remember Essence Interruper working too, unless they changed that?

Just now, Raven Darkholme said:

I vaguely remember Essence Interruper working too, unless they changed that?

Yes, it used to prevent the splitting. Then some people complained on the bug forum, the devs said it was unintended and nerfed it. 🙁

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Pretty sure @thelee used Avenging Storm scrolls for the stun component in his Ultimate.

kaylon already sort of got it, but iirc avenging storm was used in part for interrupts (with potions) to help along, but even with blade cascade the interrupt chance is not great and not terribly reliable also because you still have to roll reflex for a bolt to appear; in a long enough fight you'll get a big stretch where you don't interrupt. it mostly just made bigger margin for error, especially on the smaller oozes.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raven Darkholme said:

You don't need to stun hauani, just the gigantics.

I knew i should have rolled a SC FF… +10 ACC wounds, +8 ACC (i think) because of better Fists (bigger difference without potion), +3 ACC because of Powerlevel… damn it! In some Megabossfights i swapped abilities to get better dmg output… +5 ACC +10 int instead of 10 con and +2,5 armor… i could have had so much more instead (and in big fights? You run too much to get the full armor anyway)… 

Now i have to install POE2 on my 13 inch Windows Tablet to roll my next run character… damn it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ranndar said:

Let me do another question

Is it possible to go solo with a ranged weapon (no assassin sniper)?  Maybe a ranger multi with priest/paladin/fighter?

Is the ranger pet strong enough to tank all the game?

I mean if you multi with priest you can just bdd + sot your pet, but you can do the same for yourself.

Without that the pet is not tanky at all if you solo potd.

Ranger/priest could be a nice combo, particularly if you pick the stalker subclass. Stalker would make you and the pet tankier and ranger would give priest a much needed accuracy boost. Hunter's Fang/Beasts Claw would give you a great boost in accuracy and defense as well for taking on megabosses, if you metagame and prepare appropriately.

it's a shame you can't have maia's pet, because it's pretty much the best ranger pet in the game because they're immune to engagement. hence they could literally tank dorudugan if you so wanted. (maia is also arguably the best ranger class in the game as well, sigh)

I'd argue that Arcane Archer is the best Ranger subclass by far (if build "properly"). At least it's the Ranger subclass with the most impact on fights in my playthroughs. 

Double bounce leading to 3 parallel instances of Binding Web and 3 parallel Pulls of Eora with insane accuracy, done in mere seconds (if starting from stealth) is incredible CC. And the damage comes on top.

Gunhawks are cool, the higher range and esp. the interrupts are nice - but it just doesn't have the same impact for me.  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods