CLASS BUILD] The Soul Sniper - Mindstalker - Solo PotD Full Playthrough with Megabosses

I am using a build recommended by Not so Clever Hound in forums.(Mindstalker)

It's level 12 now. but it's so boring. Because I have to wait until the enemy dies through a gauzing strike.

I want you to fight the battle I want without running away. 

Is this impossible at POTD Solo (UPSCALE)?

Please recommend if class is possible.

I love close combat.

• Like 1

I play solo no Rest runs only… 

i have a mindstalker that killed all megabosses and nemnok, he is fun to play in small fights - the moment you get disintegration you have far faster clear speed, just reset fights every 5-6 kills… because of skipping fights with shadowing beyond he is faster than my other runs.

Forbidden fist/Paladin can straight up fight everything i found. Glazed chops, max might and resolve, Dawnstar blessing and ff heals for absurd amounts. Int is unnecessary, con too. Just FF in the face, Brand enemy to speed it up.

Chanter/Bloodmage has enough sustain with chants (glazed chops+dawnstar blessing+mid-high might) to Tank stuff far beyond your Level, thats my current run. (start the fight with a large shield + modal until the soft targets are dead (concelhaut corrosive syphon), swap to willbreaker after. I play him with 30 resolve, 35 buffed so arcane dampener is no auto loose.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, okibary said:

It's level 12 now. but it's so boring. Because I have to wait until the enemy dies through a gauzing strike

Be advised that it's not how the build plays at higher levels and with the right equipment when you can one or two-shot many enemies, or even whole groups at once with Thunderous Report.

Anyway if you'd like something not stealthy and more in-your-face for close combat (melee?) that is viable for Solo Upscaled PotD: on top of what Reent mentioned, virtually any combination of BloodMage and Martial Class works. It doesn't get more in-your-face than a fully buffed Battlemage or Sage using Spirit Lance + Clear Out / Stunning Surge on a group of enemies.

Close Combat becomes best after Ashen Maw is finished and you can get Scordeo's Edge and upgrade to Blade Cascade.

Priest's and wizards can have 100% uptime on 0 recovery, or with .... do I dare say it

Strand of favour any class can.

Ofc that would be way too much fun so we can't have that in an ethical game. 😛

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Close Combat becomes best after Ashen Maw is finished and you can get Scordeo's Edge and upgrade to Blade Cascade.

Priest's and wizards can have 100% uptime on 0 recovery, or with .... do I dare say it

Or we can simply play in Story Mode - everything is easy in Story Mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Reent said:

Or we can simply play in Story Mode - everything is easy in Story Mode.

Hm, do I want to be restricted to two classes or the game to be too easy, thats a very good question. 😛

1 hour ago, Raven Darkholme said:

If you have fun, more power to you.

Personally I'd hardly find enjoyment in playing with the full awareness that I'm blatantly cheating the system. And doing so repeatedly, throughout dozens of encounters and areas.

Edited by Haplok

3 minutes ago, Haplok said:

If you have fun, more power to you.

Personally I'd hardly find enjoyment in playing with the full awareness that I'm blatantly cheating the system. And doing so repeatedly, throughout dozens of encounters and areas.

Well this thread is about solo.

Op played a solo class and didn't seem to like it.

My suggestion is about being able to play pretty much any class solo.

Me personally I haven't finished the game including all megabosses solo with every single class in the game.

So as long as I keep playing new classes I'm having fun.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:09 PM, Raven Darkholme said:

Hi @Raven Darkholme

Could you elaborate on how this is done? I thought Scordeo's Edge effect is combat only and you can't swap equipment in combat.

I love to try out cheese strats (it's a single player game). Also, I saw your video on the Deltro Helm Lash. How would we achieve a (maybe smaller) similar lash if we were solo?

1 hour ago, boareder said:

Hi @Raven Darkholme

Could you elaborate on how this is done? I thought Scordeo's Edge effect is combat only and you can't swap equipment in combat.

I love to try out cheese strats (it's a single player game). Also, I saw your video on the Deltro Helm Lash. How would we achieve a (maybe smaller) similar lash if we were solo?

It is the same as with Deltro's, you can hit a target with Scordeo's (properly upgraded ofc) and have a chance to trigger the upgrades including Blade Cascade out of combat.

(If you play the Magran's Fires selected solo mode you can recruit companions and instead of joining you they will be sent to the ship, just be careful to not kill them, so this is done best before getting the Deltro lash :P)

If you play priest or wizard you can also just extend Scordeo buffs with Salvation of time or Wall of Draining, as long as you have brilliant or blood sacrifice and permanently recast your duration extenders Scordeos buffs will persist even after combat ends, now you can use Strand of favour to infinitely extend it.

Solo the Deltro lash can go up to 300% if you play an Assassin and up to 200 if you don't.

(140 is relatively easy to reach)

Easiest way to apply it to self is via max arcana scrolls of chain lightning (140 lash will be more realistic than 200 then, depending on class ofc)

Theres ofc several other ways to self apply it, you just never get a 2nd try and have to wait for the duration to expire (or alternatively as single class wizard cast arcane cleanse on self).

Any way to hit yourself with lightning dmg worksfine, crits are key and high + crit dmg modifiers.

@Kaylonreached 300% solo by playing an Assassin and applying deltros in combat while potion of final stand was active.

This allows you to use Essence Interrupter (which otherwise leads to an instant death screen) with max metaphysics.

33 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

It is the same as with Deltro's, you can hit a target with Scordeo's (properly upgraded ofc) and have a chance to trigger the upgrades including Blade Cascade out of combat.

(If you play the Magran's Fires selected solo mode you can recruit companions and instead of joining you they will be sent to the ship, just be careful to not kill them, so this is done best before getting the Deltro lash :P)

If you play priest or wizard you can also just extend Scordeo buffs with Salvation of time or Wall of Draining, as long as you have brilliant or blood sacrifice and permanently recast your duration extenders Scordeos buffs will persist even after combat ends, now you can use Strand of favour to infinitely extend it.

Solo the Deltro lash can go up to 300% if you play an Assassin and up to 200 if you don't.

(140 is relatively easy to reach)

Easiest way to apply it to self is via max arcana scrolls of chain lightning (140 lash will be more realistic than 200 then, depending on class ofc)

Theres ofc several other ways to self apply it, you just never get a 2nd try and have to wait for the duration to expire (or alternatively as single class wizard cast arcane cleanse on self).

Any way to hit yourself with lightning dmg worksfine, crits are key and high + crit dmg modifiers.

@Kaylonreached 300% solo by playing an Assassin and applying deltros in combat while potion of final stand was active.

This allows you to use Essence Interrupter (which otherwise leads to an instant death screen) with max metaphysics.

Thank you! This is food for thought. By target, can I attack random Sigils or Barrels? 

3 hours ago, boareder said:

Thank you! This is food for thought. By target, can I attack random Sigils or Barrels? 

You can, just keep in mind 5% blade cascade chance can take quite a while if you get unlucky.

If you are late enough in the game to get Scordeo's you can also get Rakhan field boots and hit yourself with Scordeo's btw.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

18 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

If you like cheese and lashes (what a weird combination :)) I reached a pretty absurd apex in this Assassin thread.

I read this and watched the video :) Did use the same Deltro Lash loop? 

• Like 1