1. Cast Citzal's Enchanted Armory
  2. Summon Concelhaut's Draining Touch (you cannot attack with it bc. of glitch)
  3. Wait until Enchanted Armory wears off
  4. end combat so Draining Touch disappears and Great Sword reappears
  5. enjoy your permanent, scaling, one-handed Great Sword - that you can give to whomever

It's kind of nice to have a one-handed sword that has +1 PEN and +5 base damage compared to a normal sword. It's like having a unique sword with really good dps enchantments. ;)
Also you can use it with one-handed style + modal and get +2 ACC, +30% dmg and +15% crit conversion.  

I would love to also get the one-handed Morning Star or the armor (especially the armor) - but so far I couldn't find a way. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Lol... you can also get youself a permanent Spiritshift weapon that way. Unfortunatly the Boar's raw DoT is not tied to the weapon but to the Spiritshift modal itself. But still: cool weapon to have. ;)

The Cat's Claws are best imo because they have the same base damage as the others but only 3 secs recovery.

The coolest thing is to get the Storm Blight weapons I think. 

Spiritual Weapons and Reaping Knives won't stay. So far only Enchanted Armory and Spiritshift. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Right. Good idea. I didn't try it but maybe if one exports a lvl-1 hireling with those swords it could be rel. inexpensive (because the game might interpret them as gear of lower quality)? 

Will try that later...

• Thanks 1

It doesn't work with Form of the Fearsome Brute. It used to, but that got fixed. You could keep almost any summoned weapon with Form of the Fearsome Brute or Spritshift - but I think they fixed most of it and just forgot about Draining Touch (also that you can summon it while shifted - all other summoned weapon spells get greyed out normally).

I had no luck with any other summoned stuff. I think I tried everything. So far only Citzal's Great Sword (main hand) and Spiritshift weapon (main hand) remain. Even Nannasin's Cobra Strike disappears - I would have taken a bet that the main hand one would stay after summoning Draining Touch - but nope. Gets cleared at the end of combat "properly". 

I even tried to persist the unique weapons you will get with Neckless of Endless Possibilities. Also doesn't work.

If I remember correctly then after your report that firerand/shifting combo was patched so that you can't summon firebrand anymore while you're shifted. All the other summoned weapons get greyed out, too (Spirit Lance etc.).

You also can't cast Reaping Knives on a shifted druid (or fearsome-bruted Wizard).

But maybe I'm remembering that detail about Firebrand wrongly. 

I think they only forgot to prevent the summoning of Draining Touch. 

I now see that I didn't test the Warding Staff. 🤔

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, kind of.

It seems that several people were involved in fixing those "persisted summoned item" issues. Because there are several different fixes. One approach was to prevent the summoning in certain cases and the other made sure summoned weapons get removed properly after combat. I guess the first approach was just easier.

Once a case was reported it got a bug ticket and was fixed by whoever got the ticket. Maybe sometimes that dev thought a bit ahead and fixed a bit more than was reported, but often I guess time constraints lead to a dev only fixing what is in the ticket.

I guess nobody reported Draining Touch - because I guess nobody ran into this befire. Usually DT is gone very quickly (before stuff like Enchanted Armory etc. runs out) so the situation where you a) would want to summon it while shifted or with Armory in the first place is rare, then b) the situation where DT is still in your hand once spiritshift or Armory did expire is even rarer.

So I just guess nobody reported it and devs didn't think about it while fixing similar stuff.

The Training Touch ability (or spell) summons the weapon and also manages the removal once you hit with it. The Draining Touch weapon itself (which gets summoned) has no other properties than the ones you see in the tooltip once you wield it.

An active Grimoire adds abilities (or spells) to your character once you switch to it. It removes the abilities once you switch to another Grimoire.

This explains the Draining Touch trick: do not learn the spell (because then you will always have the ability that manages Draining Touch summoning but also removal) but instead use a Grimoire with the spell and another Grimoire without it. Switching to the Grimoire with DT will add the spell that manages the DT weapon. You summon it. You switch to another Grimoire: the spell gets removed and so does the part of it that would monitor whether DT hit or not. 

This also explains why an Essential/Substantial Phantom can use DT weapon without limits. It gets a copy of the weapon you carry - but not your abilities and thus not the part that would remove it.

Kalakoth's Minor Blights works similarly: the spell manages the cycling of the elemental blights. If that spell is not there the Blights remain what they started with (e.g. fire). But here it's a fixed interval and not tied to an attack roll - so I guess that's some difference.

Essential Phantom's don't cycle through the elemental variants because they don't have the spell but simply get the weapon clone from your hands.

I never tried but I suspect if you summon Minor Blights from a Grimoire without learning it and then switch to another Grimoire there might be a chance the Blights won't cycle. Just a guess though, maybe it's implemented differently (didn't look into the files). They will still get removed because it's a summon with a duration (unlike DT) and that expiration will remove it no matter which abilities you currently have. But maybe one wants to prevent the cycling or whatever...

Iirc Minor Blights is greyed out while you are shifted. I didn't check with Enchanted Armory though (if you can summon it while having armory). So I guess DT could also have been greyed out as well - but nobody thought about it. 

So to;dr: still think somebody slept on it. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I knew the Draining Touch + Phantom trick existed, but just found out the weapon becomes persistant when I tried to cast the 2 spells from different grimoires. Luckily it expires when combat ends so it's neither too op nor too tricky to use.

• Like 1

It's the melee weapon with the highest base damage, it drains life and it weakens on hit (which makes it a great weapon in combination with Helm of the White Void because every attack with Draining Touch automatically gets +10 ACC).
And on top it targets will instead of deflection (which can be debuffed into nothingness compared to deflection - see Miasma of Dull-Mindedness + club modal).
It is pretty OP to be able to keep it for the whole encounter I think.

However, it's not so wildly overpowered that it's no fun anymore. ;)
I also still use it.

However, you pay with micromanagement and in easier fights I don't even bother to go through the process to make it permanent (for the encounter). 

Edited by Boeroer