E3 Speculation

Chinz

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Jorge Salgado is an Area Designer, not a Narrative Designer. 

Lucien Soulban was the Narrative Designer who left (he was at Obsidian for a very short time only - maybe he missed Canada too much, no idea). Kate Dollarhyde is a nice replacement. 

What made me frown more is that Justin Bell left. On Twitter it sounded all nice and fair and as if no feelings were hurt and so on. But it's a big loss imo. 

My bad for Jorge Salgado.

For Lucien Soulban i'm not very worried by his departure, he joined Obsidian at the start of the pandemic and left when face-to-face work resumed, perhaps he wanted to stay in Canada. Furthermore I'm not sure he was working on Avowed, it's still unconfirmed.

15 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

This was also my concern.  Kinda raises a yellow flag when someone high up quits mid development.  Same things happened at CDPR and look how that turned out.

That they left doesn't automatically mean they quit. People make choices based on their life needs, and especially nowadays with the aftermath of the pandemic, there are many possible reasons for someone making a change in their life.

Also, according some leaked info on Avowed, the game's development is coming along very well and is far further in development than generally assumed/known.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:54 PM, kanisatha said:

That they left doesn't automatically mean they quit. People make choices based on their life needs, and especially nowadays with the aftermath of the pandemic, there are many possible reasons for someone making a change in their life.

Also, according some leaked info on Avowed, the game's development is coming along very well and is far further in development than generally assumed/known.

Leaked info, where? :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, kanisatha said:

But while I have you here, @Flouride, or @Ethics Gradient, what's the state codename for The Outer Worlds 2? :)

I don't think there's been any definite info to find so far.  

Aside from the teaser trailer, there are only like 3 TOW2-related pieces of media to examine, and both have been fairly scrubbed of interesting metadata.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, kanisatha said:

But while I have you here, @Flouride, or @Ethics Gradient, what's the state codename for The Outer Worlds 2? :)

New Website, New Metadata!

320px-Flag_of_Arkansas.svg.png

TOW2 is Arkansas

stRef:filePath="AR_Announce_Trailer_Final_16-9.mp4"

320px-Flag_of_Alabama.svg.png

Avowed is Alabama

stRef:filePath="Alabama_Teaser_Animatic_XboxDigitalVersion_OnlineMaster_ESRB_HD_1080p29_H264_Stereo_-16LKFS.mp4"

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ethics Gradient said:

New Website, New Metadata!

320px-Flag_of_Arkansas.svg.png

TOW2 is Arkansas

stRef:filePath="AR_Announce_Trailer_Final_16-9.mp4"

320px-Flag_of_Alabama.svg.png

Avowed is Alabama

stRef:filePath="Alabama_Teaser_Animatic_XboxDigitalVersion_OnlineMaster_ESRB_HD_1080p29_H264_Stereo_-16LKFS.mp4"

Thanks!! :)

• Like 1