New User Feedback

Hi Devs,

I just downloaded this game about a week ago. I am really impressed with the visual stunningness of the game dispite it looks cartoonish, I think that adds a lot to the charm of the game. Great job!

A few things that I find difficult, is that starting out, it's been very difficult just to find water to survive. I have died over and over just because there is no juice or water.  Once in awhile I find it over a body of water and knocking it down just falls into the dirty water. I waste so much time with this I can't explore much of anything. It's not fun. I see a lot of Youtube vids from people who started early and I think things must have changed. It seems harder now.   I would like to build a fort but I don't have time.  I would like to explore but only if I find water when 1st waking up can I have time to go. Is this expected?

Equipment seems to break down a lot. I can appreciate that makes the game more real and fun, but I dont understand for repairing a peblet item I need quartzite? I haven't seen that in the game, and I can just make a new one with simple to find materials. Seems odd.

Building things seems odd. I try to put up a wall and 1 section is flat but other sections are half sized, as if they go underground. Maybe a bug, but is it required to use Clay or something to make a flat foundation before building? I am still living out of a lean-to outside  after 15 days. I just dont have time to experiment, just looking for water etc.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks!

I think it is tougher to start out now rather than when I started months ago.    You do not need a clay foundation in order to build walls.   It does help with uneven areas.   As far as the build being half underground, all I can suggest is move it around until you are happy with the height and anything built after should snap to it.   Water is random.  Some days there is a lot above on the grass and some days they are hard to find.  You can find a few pieces of quartzite in the oak tree lab near burgl.   I suppose though if you have not ventured the mite cave burgl may not even be a thing yet.   Don’t give up.  Once you get established the game get a lot easier and you will learn where you should and shouldn’t go.  Good luck.  

16 hours ago, oKareno said:

I think it is tougher to start out now rather than when I started months ago.    You do not need a clay foundation in order to build walls.   It does help with uneven areas.   As far as the build being half underground, all I can suggest is move it around until you are happy with the height and anything built after should snap to it.   Water is random.  Some days there is a lot above on the grass and some days they are hard to find.  You can find a few pieces of quartzite in the oak tree lab near burgl.   I suppose though if you have not ventured the mite cave burgl may not even be a thing yet.   Don’t give up.  Once you get established the game get a lot easier and you will learn where you should and shouldn’t go.  Good luck.  

Oh awesome! Ya I did go to Burgl. That was fun to find the Oak lab.  I got killed by Tazer bot 20 times before I finally killed him though haha. I will look around there for some Quartzite thank you vm!

I did make a Canteen, so that is helping a bit. Now if I can find a few drops of water early morning I can venture out further without having to search for water. I sometimes just stumble upon it on the ground while out and about so thats helpful as well.

I wont give up. I really like this game so far. I finally build a little base on the flat rock and it is great for resources.

You are right about foundation needing to be level. When I build on the rock everything stayed level without needing a clay foundation. Nothing went through the ground! 

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oKareno said:

Def build a dew collector or canteen when you can.   Dew collector also requires 8 quartzite though 😬

Ya I saw one and I really want to make it, but I guess I haven't found the plans for it yet.   I don't see it in the list of craftables. I guess in my mind anyone should be able to make this right away since irl you could make a dew collector with a piece of plastic and a few sticks. hehe.. oh well I'm getting better every day. What an amazing game!

• Like 1

You should see a chunk near burgl on the other side of the glass. Opening is not always noticeable.  They will respawn every few days.  I think there are 3 chunks in there.   The cave with the cable and mites is another good spot to dig some up if you didn’t notice it when you first went in there.  Don’t forget torches.