Anime, the eternal Jettokōsutā

Amentep

Well, for me, I can't mentally picture even like the faces of people (friends, family, whatever) I've seen a thousand times. I know what they look like, I have specific feelings associated with them that tell me what they mean to me, but I cannot mentally picture them. Even in dreams, what I see is extremely hazy and almost...shadowy? Like a great dark fog that I can't really see through covers everything and all I get are vague outlines of things. I still know what things are because I'm associating thoughts and feelings with what I'm perceiving them to be, but the image itself is barely there.

The one lucid dream I had, which I cannot even come close to properly recollecting because of my absolutely lousy ability to mentally image (and so I'm more working with a memory of a memory of a memory), was the first time in my life I ever realized how incredibly vivid dreams and maybe even the ability to consciously mentally image can be for some people. Wish I had it all the time, :).

(e): To be in a dream and see reality be truly made in your mind as if it were real life...greater than real life even (or so I thought when I experienced that dream - again, memory of a memory now), was such an incredibly unique experience.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, for me, I can't mentally picture even like the faces of people (friends, family, whatever) I've seen a thousand times. I know what they look like, I have specific feelings associated with them that tell me what they mean to me, but I cannot mentally picture them. Even in dreams, what I see is extremely hazy and almost...shadowy? Like a great dark fog that I can't really see through covers everything and all I get are vague outlines of things. I still know what things are because I'm associating thoughts and feelings with what I'm perceiving them to be, but the image itself is barely there.

The one lucid dream I had, which I cannot even come close to properly recollecting because of my absolutely lousy ability to mentally image (and so I'm more working with a memory of a memory of a memory), was the first time in my life I ever realized how incredibly vivid dreams and maybe even the ability to consciously mentally image can be for some people. Wish I had it all the time, :).

(e): To be in a dream and see reality be truly made in your mind as if it were real life...greater than real life even (or so I thought when I experienced that dream - again, memory of a memory now), was such an incredibly unique experience.

I can't picture stuff like that like a photograph, it looks more like a painting with surreal elements. It's hard to describe.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Finished Demon Slayer. Not much of an end, though. I'll have to watch the movie to see if there is any partial conclusion to the story.

Spoiler

The arc in the mountain was interesting, even with Zenitsu crying all the time.

And all the nurses should be canonized for spending so much time treating him and pig head. Nobody deserves that.🤣

So the Corps didn't know Muzan was in Tokyo. That means Tanjiro was supposed to deal with a demon there and he didn't.

sign.jpg

I'd take surreal painting over what I've got! That one dream makes me feel like I temporarily unlocked some part of my brain that I immediately lost the key for after I woke up, never to be found again...

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

13 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I can't picture stuff like that like a photograph, it looks more like a painting with surreal elements. It's hard to describe.

I can picture images, but they are kind of low resolution. Unless I imagine them close to me.

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I never really tried the procedures to have a lucid dream properly, but after reading about it my brain kind of decided it should try sometimes. So once every couple weeks I have this almost lucid experience when I stop in the middle of a dream, feel like I'm awake and then immediately start dreaming random things again.

It always lasts about a second, but it is very different from anything else when I'm dreaming. I'm much more aware, but I'm not sure I'm conscious or whatever is supposed to happen. The dream becomes more stable when this happens and I can see or at least notice many more details than in other dreams.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Hmmm 1

sign.jpg

25 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I can picture images, but they are kind of low resolution. Unless I imagine them close to me.

I never really tried the procedures to have a lucid dream properly, but after reading about it my brain kind of decided it should try sometimes. So once every couple weeks I have this almost lucid experience when I stop in the middle of a dream, feel like I'm awake and then immediately start dreaming random things again.

It always lasts about a second, but it is very different from anything else when I'm dreaming. I'm much more aware, but I'm not sure I'm conscious or whatever is supposed to happen. The dream becomes more stable when this happens and I can see or at least notice many more details than in other dreams.

I can't even get regular dreams, never mind lucid! :p With the one lucid dream I had, it was an utterly boring dream where absolutely nothing of note happened, but it was still amazing not just because I was awake and aware, but also just the...clarity of detail. Real life doesn't have what that dream had - everything was perfectly clear and colors and shapes popped in a way I'd never seen or experienced before. And then to be able to look down at the ground, see a rock and then tap it with my foot and really feel it, and then to kick it and have it...well, at least seem like the laws of physics were being properly applied from a decision I had consciously made, it was all so very real and vivid. Feels like such a waste to have what's probably my single lucid dream in my entire life be a dream where absolutely nothing happened, but better than never having had it at all! Could've been in a cagematch to the death with my robot dragon alien doppelganger on the Plane of Shadow...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

I haven't heard of aphantasia until now and googled a bit. There are plenty of "test" pictures out there where you're supposed to close your eyes and imagine an apple or a heart or a sunrise or any such image, and rate it on a scale. I tried that, but the results weren't very promising. I don't really see images in my mind like that. Not even shapes. It's all a blank, except some mild closed eyes hallucinations that I pretty much always had, but those are blue rings on the red/blackish background of closed eyes that float around (when you close your eyes and rub them - it is really similar to that, except with no rubbing). When I focus on them the move or change shape but that's pretty much it. They're also not voluntary, or anything. They're just there.

However, I'm not sure that these internet tests are all that accurate, or anything worthwhile, because I have no problems dreaming the most vivid of dreams, and I can live in my own self-created imaginary fantasy world if I want, which I still often do when trying to fall asleep (this often takes the form of self-insertion fanfiction, and it is always in third person, i.e. I am an imaginary observer of something that happens to me).

But that's not entirely full of images either, it's more like an abstract concept of a scene I'm observing. Like sitting in front of a TV screen, watching something. It's not the same complete blank that I get when trying to come up with the image of an apple right now.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

I also can't rule out any bias, as I have said numerous times before, testing myself is... not my biggest strength, and I never thought about any of this until now that I've heard of it. So take the rambling above with a grain of salt. :)

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Sounds frightening.

I once dreamt ShadySands looks like Avery Brooks and deals meth. That was before he changed his avatar to Leonard Nimoy...

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It seems that we are all aphantasiacs to one degree or another on this blessed day! In that case, I have no other explanation for the terrible lack of dreams, :p.

• Gasp! 2

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It seems that we are all aphantasiacs to one degree or another on this blessed day! In that case, I have no other explanation for the terrible lack of dreams, :p.

I dreamt last night that I was in a school or prison and there was a sentient virus killing everyone. Late night TV sure is weird.

• Gasp! 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

That does seem to be related though, according to research. I mean, from what I've read, with the caveat that I'm no neuroscientist and probably never will be. I'm also not sure a self-diagnosis based on an online test holds much water in my case, but at the end of the day, it does explain a few things, like me never understanding what people meant when they said a book adaptation didn't look like what they envisioned. 

I have watched some more Attack No. 1, but I spent most of the day playing games (had a public holiday).

Anyway, I'm almost 20 episodes into it now and it's taking shape. Kozue and her team unexpectedly won the national championship, and now they're asked for autographs and get preferential treatment from school officials. They're also very quickly developing a sense of entitlement and have become arrogant enough to clash with other school sport teams. Mr. Hongo has quit his job (spoiler: He'll be back) but not before whacking Kozue in the face with a volleyball for coming too late to a training session. Before quitting, he arranged a friendly match against the junior world champions, a team from the Soviet Union.

Meanwhile, the school paper has printed a somewhat derisive article about the volleyball team's entitled behaviour (written by Tsutomu), who is promptly beaten up by the captain of the soccer team who has taken a liking to Kozue. To her credit, she intervened, but she and Tsutomu aren't on speaking terms at the moment. Not sure if I recall that part correctly, but I think the two (edit's note - captain soccer team and Tsutomu) become friends before Tsutomu's unfortunate incident and captain soccer team eventually becomes Midori's boyfriend.

The team also had tryouts where they... behaved less than ideal, mostly making fun of the girls that came. Kozue also laughed off a nervous boy who came to ask her out.

School principal whatshisface (no, really, he doesn't have a name, he's just called by his title all the time) wants to allocate all available funds to building a new gym specifically for their volleyball team. The student and school council is divided on the issue. They eventually end up making the fund allocation contingent on the result of the friendly match between the junior world champions and their team.

Kozue agrees to that and... having reached the height of her hybris, is sure they'll win. Well, as they say, pride comes before the fall. They'll get their reality check pretty soon. Right, spoiler! They're going to lose their upcoming match against the Soviet team and eat some much needed humble pie, which will eventually end with Kozue pushing her team so hard someone ends up hospitalized.

All that and more in the next few episodes!

Actually... this is becoming pretty good. The volleyball aspects are totally unrealistic, but everything else around that is quite well done. I mean, once you get over that antiquated charm of everyone being quick to, uhm, beat each other up. Punches, slaps and volleyballs to the face for everyone! *whack*

edit:

I also want to reiterate how jealous I am that @Bartimaeus gets to watch Sakura's Wonderful Christmas for the first time soon, if he hasn't already. :)I kind of want to turn back time and experience it again. Well, all of it, I guess, not just that one episode.

edit 2:

Currently watching the first Cardcaptor Sakura film, after having missed its proper spot after episode 35. Question: Will I ever get tired of Tomoyo saying: "Kawaii desu wa, Sakura-chan."?

Answer: Nope, don't think so.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, majestic said:

with the caveat that I'm no neuroscientist and probably never will be

...Did you have plans at some point? :p

15 hours ago, majestic said:

Kozue agrees to that and... having reached the height of her hybris, is sure they'll win. Well, as they say, pride comes before the fall. They'll get their reality check pretty soon. Right, spoiler! They're going to lose their upcoming match against the Soviet team and eat some much needed humble pie, which will eventually end with Kozue pushing her team so hard someone ends up hospitalized.

Classic sports story arc stuff...and then the training montages to climb back up to the top, :yes:. ...Although this is a show, so that probably won't happen, at least not directly.

No Sakura for me...yet. Perhaps to be amended later today.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

...Did you have plans at some point? :p

I do plan on taking up valuable university places from our youth once I retire, whenever that will be. Like, get some old age studying done. 

Always thought I'd end up a scientist when I was younger. Not neuroscience, of course, but something computer science related. The realities of university life proved to be quite a spanner in the works of that idea. :yes:

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Classic sports story arc stuff...and then the training montages to climb back up to the top, :yes:. ...Although this is a show, so that probably won't happen, at least not directly.

It's not quite Kickboxer... they're still national champions of course, and they held their own for a while during that game. It wasn't quite the traditional beatdown and the Japanese team only lost because the girls got really nervous after winning the first set (i.e. they were already good, but not experienced enough to win). But yeah, if this would have been a boy team they'd have lost 2-0 and got roflstomped so hard they'd visit the wizened old volleyball guru, who would have them carry water up and down an endless flight of stairs and drop coconuts on them from a tree.

I... think I'll go watch Kickboxer now, and then Jean Claude von Johnson.

They sort of did that already in one of the earliest episodes. Not carrying any water, but Hongo had them run up and down an endless flight of stairs, and  when some of the girls complained, they started slapping each other. :p

But yeah, very classic in terms of sports arcs regardless. But Attack No. 1 is over 50 years old now, and the manga it is based on is even older. How classic is that really? Not a rhetorical question, by the way, generally curious, I think Attack No. 1 was the first or at least amonst the first shojo sports mangas/animes.

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

No Sakura for me...yet. Perhaps to be amended later today.

Just asking, you know. This is me, basically, every time I watch the show (or talk about it):

ccs-movie-00024.jpg

Hoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!

Well, a bit different. That would be creepy if the four of them weren't girls.

• Like 2

Tomoyo's really got that Once in a Lifetime "this is not my beautiful Sakura...but at least she's right over there" vibe in that picture. Also, given that I lack the context for the scene, it still is pretty creepy! Presumably, it will be less so when I see it for real...

45 minutes ago, majestic said:

How classic is that really? Not a rhetorical question, by the way, generally curious, I think Attack No. 1 was the first or at least amonst the first shojo sports mangas/animes.

Now that you mention it...I have no idea, :p. Have to imagine it's real early among sports-centric shows...

Edited by Bartimaeus

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Tomoyo's really got that Once in a Lifetime "this is not my beautiful Sakura...but at least she's right over there" vibe in that picture. Also, given that I lack the context for the scene, it still is pretty creepy! Presumably, it will be less so when I see it for real...

Very mild/minor:

Spoiler

They're Sharoan's older sisters, and they are really impressed by how cute Sakura and Tomoyo are. :p

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Now that you mention it...I have no idea, :p. Have to imagine it's real early among sports-centric shows...

The underlying concept is as old as storytelling of course, and training montages in films came probably earlier than Attack No. 1, but for sports films, I don't know, but it sure is interesting to see the show shift away some of the focus on volleyball to the psychological effects of getting such an early victory for a bit. Up until then it followed the formula pretty well, with the young hopeful talent meeting a group of established players, needing extra training and end up winning (at first within the team, then the championship).

But that was like the first 15 episodes or so. Said that before, that was the least interesting part of the anime, according to me memory of it. :) 

I'm still not entirely certain how this will hold up, if at all. So far it's been not bad, but both really dated and less interesting than it was as a kid, but not bad at all.

• Like 1

Like the voiceover of the Romulan suicide attack ships in Star Trek: Armada, it is time (no pun intended) to ask the one, burning question that is on all of our mind now, isn't it?

Is it time yet?

And what is it really doing? REALLY?

I'm afraid it is. It is time that I fall on the sword for you, dear readers, and to paraphrase the Klingon suicide attack ship:

I COMMIT MY SOUL TO STO'VO'KOR!

yHKXdM5.png

I got lucky, I expected two movies with two hour runtime apiece, but lo and behold, it's two times 81 minutes. So that's... doable. I'm also watching on my computer to regale you with fun posts and edits about this travesty - or the somewhat more unlikely scenario that this is really just super awesome. I hope all the scenes from the trailer are in it, because that would mean Minako got some amazing boob upgrades for the big screen. :yes:

• Gasp! 2

Yeah, so this seems to be really kind of close to the insanity that happens in the manga. Chibi-Usa is currently admiring Usagi's long, slender legs and wonderfully shaped, supple breasts (not making this up, but I'm watching the German dub for sanity's sake, so this won't be 1:1 what the subtitles would say, I guess), and she wants to grow up fast so Mamo-chan sees her as mature and independant woman. :x

Please don't let this have the scene where 6year!Usagi tries to kiss Mamoru. Please.

edit:

Usagi also behaves like her SuperS counterpart at the moment. Good grief. Mamo-chan calls her out on it, telling Chibi-Usa that she's the more mature of the two. Good going Mamo, I guess that's it for tonight. No fun for you!

edit 2:

Jesus H. Christ, that Pedosus voice. So wonderful, airy and soft, and sounds just age appropriate. For a creepy 40 year old trying to lure childen with candy. Yay.

edit 3:

I'm trying to not interpret anything into Chibi-Usa wearing Mamoru's pyjama shirt. That's not at all meant to be weird. It's just cute!

edit 4:

Body switching time. Pedosus also gave Chibi-Usa and Usagi their humongous moon <censored sysnonym for plastic schlong>

edit 5:

Look at Rei Troi state that something's wrong with the Dead Moon Circus after an "escaped" tiger attacked the city and Chibi-Usa and Usagi had their body switch. My, my. Did you feel that with your psychic powers?

edit 6:

Here comes the Trio! Looks like they're taking some liberties from the manga here, they're all transformed at once. In the manga, Ami buys Fisheye at the pet store. Also, Mamo-chan is too sick right now, so no awkward scenes between Usagi and him. Phew.

edit 7:

Apparently Ami is still buying Fish-Eye. He was transformed back, I guess. What was the point of the prior scene then? :no:

edit 8:

I was just about to write that this is actually a nice scene. Ami is blaming herself for her parent's divorce, her mother is seen bringing a random man home, telling him not to worry about her daughter, she only thinks about studying and that she doesn't care about her at all.

Of course it's all an illusion by Fish-Eye.

Then of course this happens:

LJW8nOM.png

Fish-Eye is currently fondling Ami.

Sigh. I wonder if Ami gets to be nude now, like in the manga. In the AMV she wasn't. I'd rather she be nude than having Fish-Eyes grubby hands on her breasts. Who thought that was a better idea?

edit 9:

Yes, so... no nude Ami, but Usagi and Chibi-Usa come after being called by Ami. They transform and switch bodies back. That sub plot went absolutely nowhere, just like in the manga. It also didn't go anywhere in SuperS, so I'm not holding that against Eternal.

edit 10:

It stuck to the manga. Fish-Eye was just obliterated, Pedosus thinks that Usagi is the one he seeks, Chibi-Usa feels useless and storms off. She has a nice, emotional scene talking to Pedosus where she admits to feeling useless and small, and the horse goes in for the kill. 35 minutes in, Pedosus kisses Chibi-Usa first as a horse, then as... boy. :x

Okay, I have to admit that this isn't nearly as bad as it was in SuperS after a season full of grooming and that body switch where he told her that they can't be together unless she turns back into a child, but it's still him taking advantage of the emotional insecurity of a nine year old. So... not nice, Mr. Pedosus, not nice.

edit:

Rei "Deanna" Hino states the obvious counter: 1

Edited by majestic
  • Sad 1

I watched that Sailor Moon clip earlier today, and I genuinely have zero memory of that fight/monster. Literally nothing at all - it was like I was watching it for the first time. I must have skipped it or something. Freaking SuperS. This reminds me, I logged into Netflix a few days ago and was greeted with this upon my main page:

firefox_AYUSOrrquB.png

Thanks Netflix, but no thanks - it's not going to happen. ...But it looks like you found someone else to sink your claws into.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

I watched that Sailor Moon clip earlier today, and I genuinely have zero memory of that fight/monster. Literally nothing at all - it was like I was watching it for the first time. I must have skipped it or something.

You did, that's from Ami's dream mirror rape scene. You said back then that you skipped the entire fight - or rather everything after Tiger's-Eye trapped Ami.

• Like 1

Oh, yes, you're right - IIRC the only one of them that I didn't skip was Minako's, which in retrospect I feel kind of gross that I didn't, but on the other hand she broke herself free and started attacking them, so it kind of balances out.

Seems like the movie is going even worse than expected...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Oh, yes, you're right - IIRC the only one of them that I didn't skip was Minako's, which in retrospect I feel kind of gross that I didn't, but on the other hand she broke herself free and started attacking them, so it kind of balances out.

Seems like the movie is going even worse than expected...

It's not entirely bad. Minako just had a scene where she suggested Rei should marry someone to have a free manservant at the shrine. That was actually fun. At least for now it's less uncomfortable than SuperS, so that is a net positive. Can't say its good though. In the manga, having the chapters not be connected that much isn't such an issue. In a feature film, it just makes a mess of things without proper adaptation.

That remains a weak point. If you want to adapt this somewhat faithfully you really need to do it as separate episodes (The Madoka films had similar issues - at least the first two you watched, the third one was planned as a film and was structurally much better).

Did someone suggest Rei marry someone to have a Yuichiro style free servant in the old anime too, or do I remember that from the manga? I'm not certain right now.

Hm, can't say I recall anything like that.

• Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Hm, can't say I recall anything like that.

Well then it was in the manga, I guess.

Hah, look at them complaining about the ticket prices. The best Dead Moon Circus show ticket costs like 10000 Yen. I'm sure that was more impressively expensive in 1995. That's like 75€ for the best seats of a circus show. They're getting a pretty good deal here.

Ms. Smarty Panty Ami stated right at the beginning that total solar eclipses only happen once in a thousand years. That's... fairly inaccurat there, Ms. Mizuno, and you should really know better. They happen all the time. You might just wait for a while until one's observable where you live, but that's something very different, huh?

edit:

Yeah, way to go. Rei sees a vision of her 4-year-old past self kissing Tiger's-Eye. That went to SuperS-level uncomfortable in a handbasket. What was the line from Anchorman? That escalated quickly.

edit 2:

The Dead Moon Circus show is a ploy to steal nightmare energy from people to funnel to Nehelenia. Wow, that's original. Nobody tried that before, right?

edit 3:

I'll need five hours to watch both films at this pace, but holy hell, the two ravens at Rei's shrine that she called Phobos and Deimos (sure, the moons of Mars, but Ms. Takeuchi sort of forgot that they mean fear and terror, I guess, not every inspiring names) are actually tiny sailor-senshi like girls. What?

Calling it now: In the Stars arc we'll see that they're from the same planet that SAILOR LEAD CROW is from.

edit 4:

Uhm, Rei sees a vision of Michiru in which only Michiru's head and her shoulders are visible, but it's noticable that she's not wearing anything. This is weird. Pre-transformation Rei also had the same shot. Clearly a naked upper body, just cut off right below the shoulders. *shrug*

Rei states the obvious counter: 1

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

I'm assuming that Chibi-Usa and Usagi behave like that in the manga too, which explains where their retarded relationship in SuperS comes from. Dear lord, Usagi just complained about having to drive a kart alone.

What? Are karts multiseated in Japan, or are they talking about bumper cars and this is a ridiculous translation error?

edit:

Kinda wondering if "lend me your power" is a Pedosis euphemism. Chibi-Usa is currently wondering if she wants to do that. Or rather, wants to do that. Anyway, this Pedosus relationship is not nearly as creepy as the one in SuperS, but at the end of the day, it's still Chibi-Usa and a horse.

edit 2:

Well, Hawk's-Eye is crossdressing this time.

edit 3:

Now I know where the SuperS writers got the idea from that Makoto is a tough love kind of girl. She's just being assaulted by Hawk's-Eye and stuck in a nightmare, talks to herself. Unlike every other girl so far (that's all of them except Minako), she's barely wearing anything in spite of having been fully clothed before, and her dream-self slaps her silly for falling for a silly enemy ploy, and she's all like ME TOUGH ME SUPER HERO.

Yeah, guys, really... but I prefer my Makoto from the real version of Sailor Moon. That one is tough as nails to when she needs to be, but never like this.

I wonder what will happen to Minako. The Amazon Trio is pretty dead now.

edit 4:

Makoto says her dream is to protect the people she loves, while seeing all her friends naked. Ami is the only one that has indication of visible breasts and is seen looking directly at Makoto (the others are either turning or looking over their shoulders).

God dammit, the Ami x Makoto shipping base must be having a field day.
Picture in the spoiler!

Spoiler

RMXl1zr.png

What Makoto sees when thinking of the people she loves and wants to protect. Watch out, the Ever Given is running dangerously close to the banks of the canal there.

edit 5:

Haruka tells Makoto in the vision that her biggest enemy is her own weakness. What? Yep, checked the English subs, that's what they say too.

Haruka look, Makoto's greatest enemy (and her weakness) is not her physical weakness, it's is her lack of self-esteem. Seriously guys... have you like, seen the real anime at all? It's okay to take a few hints from the better material here and there! Also, not cool using Makoto of all people to introduce the tough guy act here. What is this, shojo-shonen? :p

edit 6:

Kay, so Artemis and Minako are having a talk, because Minako is the only one left who can't transform. She says she's going to take a bath, and Artemis follows her... watches her, and goes like: "You're getting more beautiful by the day! You really look like the goddess Venus."

What in the what now. Artemis is watching Minako bathe. Or shower.  :x

Shower it is. Mina she's she's going to take a bath, but it seen showering. Guys, have you read your own script before animating this?

Edited by majestic

Use Joesph Joestar's final move before it's too late!

22 minutes ago, majestic said:

Makoto says her dream is to protect the people she loves, while seeing all her friends naked

Thank god for commas.

• Haha 1