hey,

im a sucker for min maxing but there are some items you only get if you choose A or B which then forces my hand to maybe do something i don't want to do in my character just so i can get the item so im wondering if i can get around this by by instead of choosing the option that gives me the item i choose whatever i want but then i load a save file from a different character and use the console to Giveitem, put the item on a follower and export them so i can still min/max, the whole idea being that i get around disabling the achievements.

i guess im basically asking if the item from a save file with cheat mode activated would somehow effect the other savefile?

I you use the console to get the item the exported character will be marked as cheated and hiring him will also mark your game as cheated. 

However, if you load up am uncheated savegame where you got the weapon the proper way and export it you can import it into your other savegame without any problems. It's just a bit expensive to import unique items etc.

It is possible to use other players' exported characters. You can share them. So if somebody has an uncheated savegame with an item you want you could ask if they woul be willing to export a char for you. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Here's a mod that prevents iroll20s from disabling achievements.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/356

On 5/20/2021 at 8:07 AM, Boeroer said:

I you use the console to get the item the exported character will be marked as cheated and hiring him will also mark your game as cheated. 

However, if you load up am uncheated savegame where you got the weapon the proper way and export it you can import it into your other savegame without any problems. It's just a bit expensive to import unique items etc.

It is possible to use other players' exported characters. You can share them. So if somebody has an uncheated savegame with an item you want you could ask if they woul be willing to export a char for you. 

Huh. Seems like a big oversight considering players can import/export characters through Steam workshop - wonder if anyone has had their achievements disabled by mistake?

Edited by Ophiuchus