What is a good solo PotD upscaled build that comes online as early as possible?

I've recently got into deadfire again (never fully beat it when it came out) and am trying to beat it solo triple crown. Most of the stuff i come up with though needs a relatively high level to do anything in combat. I know you can get to like lvl 15 in this game without any fighting, but doing that isn't as interesting to me. I don't mind stealthing through Port Maje and early Neketaka, but after around say level 8-9 I wish i could take on fights of my level.

Any recommendations? My last run was a single class berserker, I was planning on stacking armor as high as possible while completely dumping res/deflection, but got my ass handed to me at like level 10 in a neketaka event encounter, and decided to reroll instead of alt+f4 :) 

As an alternative if you're not into Chanter summoning gameplay, I would say also potentially an Arcane Knight (Bleak Walker / Blood Mage) Sword and Medium Shield. With the right abilities, equipment and strategies you can be very tanky very early and still have decent offensive potential to win fights. But on upscaled, I'd find lvl 8-9 to be quite low for most encounters, resources will be an issue (health/spells).

• Like 1

If you do no rest runs and rush to good gear - there are quite some builds that can do it.

Troubadour (SC) with Interrupt immunity (Bellower dies quite easily to any little mistake, not recommended in Trial of Iron),

Herald

Forbidden Fist+paladin with max resolve (30+ after Port Maje) has an easy time.

Bloodmage/troubadour with interrupt immunity, max HP regen had an easy time dealing with stuff early too.

• Like 1

Any assassin build is easy solo once you hit PL 2 and get smoke veil, which is lvl 3 if you're SC or lvl 4 MC. Probably an assassin/cipher ranged striker is the easiest, but many other builds are possible too. Assassin/blood mage is fun for AOE mayhem from stealth.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, Reent said:

If you do no rest runs and rush to good gear - there are quite some builds that can do it.

Troubadour (SC) with Interrupt immunity (Bellower dies quite easily to any little mistake, not recommended in Trial of Iron),

Herald

Forbidden Fist+paladin with max resolve (30+ after Port Maje) has an easy time.

Bloodmage/troubadour with interrupt immunity, max HP regen had an easy time dealing with stuff early too.

30+ right after port maje? would like a guide plz :3

1 hour ago, cohlin said:

30+ right after port maje? would like a guide plz :3

18 start

+1 human

+1 background

+2 Berath's Blessing

+2 Token of Faith (killing the Bounty Purakau)

+1 (and -35% hostile duration if you solo) Ring of the Solitary Wanderer (same Purakau)

+1 Boots of stone (Berath's merchant sells them) (boots of the white are better, but hard to get early)

+2 sleeping with rabyuna in Neketaka

+2 the pet Eviee (later Nalvi with +1 is better since its just enough for 35 res lategame)

=30 resolve with just one fight, everything else is available without fights.

in a rest run you can swap rabyuna with food bonuses (i prefer glazed chops instead of resolve or -hostile duration bonuses)

to finish the 35 resolve in a no rest run:

+2 natures resolve (need 7 survival, no fights needed)

+1 effigys resentment

+2 alchemic brew (thats hard to get early... something for the lategame)

+1 Cauldron Brew (same fight as above)

(with dawnstar blessing for +50% healing for the OP OPness)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Reent said:

18 start

+1 human

+1 background

+2 Berath's Blessing

+2 Token of Faith (killing the Bounty Purakau)

+1 (and -35% hostile duration if you solo) Ring of the Solitary Wanderer (same Purakau)

+1 Boots of stone (Berath's merchant sells them) (boots of the white are better, but hard to get early)

+2 sleeping with rabyuna in Neketaka

+2 the pet Eviee (later Nalvi with +1 is better since its just enough for 35 res lategame)

=30 resolve with just one fight, everything else is available without fights.

in a rest run you can swap rabyuna with food bonuses (i prefer glazed chops instead of resolve or -hostile duration bonuses)

to finish the 35 resolve in a no rest run:

+2 natures resolve (need 7 survival, no fights needed)

+1 effigys resentment

+2 alchemic brew (thats hard to get early... something for the lategame)

+1 Cauldron Brew (same fight as above)

(with dawnstar blessing for +50% healing for the OP OPness)

Oh I forgot the prostitute bonus and the pet lol. Btw, how does the +/- duration count? like i got +30% from int and -20%from res, and -35% from solitary wanderer, then the final time for FF debuff would be?

9 minutes ago, cohlin said:

Oh I forgot the prostitute bonus and the pet lol. Btw, how does the +/- duration count? like i got +30% from int and -20%from res, and -35% from solitary wanderer, then the final time for FF debuff would be?

it should be:

6 sec base

base*1,3*0,8*0,65=4,056 secs (4,2588 with powelevel 2 character)

however the powerlevel is included too, with 5% per powerlevel over 1 (5% bonus lvl 4, 10% lvl 7, 15% lvl 10, up to 30% level 20, for multiclasses, 40% for single classes)

it's easier to get it under 3 secs with low int, if you only have 5 int (3 start+2 BB) you have 2,7846 secs with powerlevel 2 (and if you don't change any attributes you get above 3 secs with powerlevel 4)

everything multiplicative.

3 hours ago, Reent said:

it should be:

6 sec base

base*1,3*0,8*0,65=4,056 secs (4,2588 with powelevel 2 character)

however the powerlevel is included too, with 5% per powerlevel over 1 (5% bonus lvl 4, 10% lvl 7, 15% lvl 10, up to 30% level 20, for multiclasses, 40% for single classes)

it's easier to get it under 3 secs with low int, if you only have 5 int (3 start+2 BB) you have 2,7846 secs with powerlevel 2 (and if you don't change any attributes you get above 3 secs with powerlevel 4)

everything multiplicative.

There's no need to gimp your INT because with 35RES, Ring of the Solitary Wanderer and Strand of Favor the curse will last at most 2.3s (with 35INT at max level) because of the double inversion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

There's no need to gimp your INT because with 35RES, Ring of the Solitary Wanderer and Strand of Favor the curse will last at most 2.3s (with 35INT at max level) because of the double inversion. 

jeah, with 35 resolve you can do whatever (okay, if you trigger blade cascade and spam forbidden fist you die), it all depends on what you want (and my builds are focused on spamming FF, no need for int in that case).