After the recent 9GB update POE1 stopped working...

I have Pillars of Eternity - Definitive Edition installed from Epic Games and I was playing it and all but after the recent 9GB update the game is not working anymore, I'm getting this error:

Error.png.af6878601248446513347119fdd331dd.png

I even updated my GPU driver just now to the latest version: Nvidia v466.27 and I'm still getting that same error. I was pretty far ahead on this game already and I don't want all those hours I poured into the game to go to waste. Any help is appreciated.

This is my system specs:

• [CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
  • [GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
  • [PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
  • [RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
  • [MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
  • [PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
  • [CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
  • [OPERATING SYSTEM]: Windows 7 SP1
Edited by xZabuzax

Hi, let me tag the community/social media managers for you because otherwise I guess this will not get noticed. This error might affect more players.

Oh mighty @Aarik D and grand@Shyla, I summon thee to cast a glance on this poor fella's problem! :) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

7 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hi, let me tag the community/social media managers for you because otherwise I guess this will not get noticed. This error might affect more players.

Oh mighty @Aarik D and grand@Shyla, I summon thee to cast a glance on this poor fella's problem! :) 

Thank you for your help mate. I believe this issue is an Epic Games issue though (I may be wrong...), I've seen some people having this same issue recently but with an update from a different game from Epic Games, the game is Iddle Champions of the Forgotten Realms.

It seems that Epic Games hates Windows 7 now and is forcing people to move to Windows 10.

Here is the same issue for that other game:

Edited by xZabuzax

15 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Does Windows 7 have DirectX 11 support?

Sorry, I have no idea - I'm on Linux since Windows Vista came out. 

Yeah, Windows 7 have DirectX 11 support, it always did. Hell this game was working perfectly fine but once that recent patch came out it stopped working, Epic Games apparently are screwing with Windows 7 users.

Dumb move by Epic Games. DirectX 11 is working perfectly fine in my PC with the other games, this is the first issue that I have regarding DirectX 11 in my PC, I've never had these type of issues before.