Hello guys

I have a problem... I have a Chanter (Skad) as you know the non-offensive spells  are +1 expensive.. however, my max phases are all time 4/4. I am not able to get the 5th phases to use my spell. Is it a bug or what I am doing bad? If it is a bug,  how could I fix it?

Captddure.PNG.b4b9e3b8900cf0fd3220a18b31d9f8f5.PNG

I guess this is a bug. Maybe retraining at an in might fix it.

What also might fix it is to pick another (more expensive) invocation at lvl-up. But my first try would be retraining. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I guess this is a bug. Maybe retraining at an in might fix it.

What also might fix it is to pick another (more expensive) invocation at lvl-up. But my first try would be retraining. 

I did it. I have retraining and nothing.. I never have 5phases. Two days ago I had access to 5 phases but I don't know what I did :S and now my max phases are 4 .

Is there another way to fix this bug? 

Is there any support tool?

It may be that the one invocation (Rejoice) is botched somehow. Please try this if you are on PC (do not save the game afterwards!) :

Open the console.

Type "IRoll20s" and hit enter.

Open the console again.

Type "SetClassLevel player" and then hit the tab key. Your player character's name will get auto-completed. finish with "Chanter 20 false". It should looke like this:

"SetClassLevel player_<your_character_name> Chanter 20 false"

Hit enter.

Open the console again.

Type "AddAbility player" and then hit the tab key. Your player character's name will get auto-completed. Then finish the command with "Their_Champ" and hit tab again. The ability name will get auto-completed as well. The line should look something like this:

"AddAbility player_<your_character_name> Their_Champion_Braved_The"

Hit enter.

You will be at lvl 20 and have a new invocation that should cost 6 phrases.

Now open the console again, place your mouse cursor somwhere near your character and type:
"SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_dummy" and hit enter. 

A dummy Rotghast will get spawned, combat will start. It will no almost no damage. You can just move away a bit and look if your phrase count goes up to 6 (like it should) or if it's still botched. If it's fised then most likely your next level up will also fix your problem. If not then something is severely broken and I have no idea how to fix that (other than maybe writing a small mod that adresses this specific problem).

Do not save the game afterwards obviously but reload instead.

If you are on a gaming console you can't do all this. :(

43 minutes ago, Andres Arigon said:

Is there any support tool?

You can tag the community manager here or tag him elsewhere on social media (Twitter for example), write an email to Obsidian's support or ask them on their Discord.

4 hours ago, Griffonheart said:

There are more bugs than just that. When I was at the last stage of SSS facing off the giant worm, somehow my Chanter stopped chanting altogether and never gotten new phrases.

Did you retrain right before doing this? I have discovered that when you retrain a chanter the old chants disappear. You have to go back into your chant book and re-establish them. Until you do this, you won't chant at all and thus won't gain any phrases.

20 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Did you retrain right before doing this? I have discovered that when you retrain a chanter the old chants disappear. You have to go back into your chant book and re-establish them. Until you do this, you won't chant at all and thus won't gain any phrases.

Nope, no retrain, got all the chants. I won the fight anyway, but it was way harder because my chanter became useless after like two invocations.

1 hour ago, Griffonheart said:

Nope, no retrain, got all the chants. I won the fight anyway, but it was way harder because my chanter became useless after like two invocations.

this has happened to me on occasion - it was worse in earlier versions of the game, but i don't think they ever fully ironed out the bug that causes this. it's pretty rare now, but when it happens it can be extremely, extremely annoying.

• Like 1

I think this happened to me with a helwalker/skald cantor build once. I took an offensive invocation at lvl 1 and then a non-offensive chant at lvl 2, but for some reason my phrase cap remained at 2 rather than jumping up to 4. I abandoned the run after that, and haven't seen the bug again since, fortunately.

14 hours ago, thelee said:

this has happened to me on occasion - it was worse in earlier versions of the game, but i don't think they ever fully ironed out the bug that causes this. it's pretty rare now, but when it happens it can be extremely, extremely annoying.

In your experience, does respec allow to "reroll the bug chances" ? In that case it would still be minor.

9 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

In your experience, does respec allow to "reroll the bug chances" ? In that case it would still be minor.

in more recent popups of the bug I actually don't remember how I fix it. I generally end up probably doing some combination of:

• recreating all my songs
  • save/reload
  • changing songs

i don't think i've needed to respec.

earlier versions was much worse. i'm not even sure if respec consistently fixed it. i think i abandoned tekehu in one run while waiting for a patch.

• Thanks 1

OKy guys..

I've just started a new game because I couldn't find the way to fix this bug with my chanter... and again.. I am a Skald Chanter it is means my  'Rejoice, My Comrades! Two Fingers of Daylight' cost 5 instead of 4. However I always start with 4 phases and the max I can get without empower myself is 4/5. Is it a bug or is it something normal? 

This must be a bug. I never had this with a Skald and I played a lot of those (often with Barbarian or Monk as second class). But I also never picked Two Fingers of Daylight so maybe that's the problem? No idea though.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:24 AM, Andres Arigon said:

OKy guys..

I've just started a new game because I couldn't find the way to fix this bug with my chanter... and again.. I am a Skald Chanter it is means my  'Rejoice, My Comrades! Two Fingers of Daylight' cost 5 instead of 4. However I always start with 4 phases and the max I can get without empower myself is 4/5. Is it a bug or is it something normal? 

do you have any mods?

i have a skald with a similar setup and I definitely am able to get up to 5. The fact that I started with 5 was also extremely handy early on because it let me spam two different invocations (the frightening one for 3, and then revenge for 2) right at the start.

Maybe it's a turn-based specific bug?

how odd

20 minutes ago, thelee said:

do you have any mods?

i have a skald with a similar setup and I definitely am able to get up to 5. The fact that I started with 5 was also extremely handy early on because it let me spam two different invocations (the frightening one for 3, and then revenge for 2) right at the start.

Maybe it's a turn-based specific bug?

how odd

Hi I dont have any mods..

I think it is a turn-based bug.. I have now a Troubadour and everything cost 1 phase more and instead to start with 4 phases I start with 3. 

Yes, may be you are right it is a bug but at this point of the game I don't expect someone is going to fix this bug. I have tried to post it in the support area and nothing from the developers :(