Don't forget Trickster has Repulsive Visage. That neuters many melee opponents. 

Also can't agree with "you'll die as fast as any other rogue" concerning the Trickster. He may not be a tank, but is way more durable then an Assasin or Streetfighter. 

Edited by Haplok

Hmm, not sold on such a combination. Streetfighter / Devoted is strong, particularly once he gets Unbending and can charge headfirst into the fray (and safely get Flanked).

But Assasin's strenght lies in avoiding being the enemy target and launching few but powerful attacks - rather then sustained engagement. 

I would like to suggest another fighter subclass then: Blackjacket who carries 4 different weapon sets and uses powerful weapon encounter abilities from stealth, with the Assassinate bonus (such as Thunderous Report from Kitchen Stove, Run Trough from Whispers and others). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Haplok said:

Hmm, not sold on such a combination. Streetfighter / Devoted is strong, particularly once he gets Unbending and can charge headfirst into the fray (and safely get Flanked).

But Assasin's strenght lies in avoiding being the enemy target and launching few but powerful attacks - rather then sustained engagement. 

I would like to suggest another fighter subclass then: Blackjacket who carries 4 different weapon sets and uses powerful weapon encounter abilities from stealth, with the Assassinate bonus (such as Thunderous Report from Kitchen Stove, Run Trough from Whispers and others). 

Do you mean unique weapons in the case? I don’t know much about these, but looks interesting. Start a fight with a two handed for big stealth damage and finish with fast dagger attacks 

I like the concept of black jacket, but I can’t figure out how it can be used effectively.

Last night I played with an Assassin/Stalker (good damage, but I have an issue with the ranger abilities, I think they are a little boring, specially in melee) and played a Beguiler/Assassin (isn’t a pure melee class, but I liked it. Seems to have a good potencial later)

Black Jacket definitely feels like one of those classes that requires a good amount of both metagame knowledge and intense micro to really shine. Maybe it'd be worth to look into making some sort of a resource for good loadout options to really get the most out of the subclass. I know most of the weapons that give stacking buffs have been nerfed but I assume there are still some that work even after switching away from them. Maybe Scordeo's Trophy hijinks or something along those lines?

22 minutes ago, Synomuumi said:

Black Jacket definitely feels like one of those classes that requires a good amount of both metagame knowledge and intense micro to really shine. Maybe it'd be worth to look into making some sort of a resource for good loadout options to really get the most out of the subclass. I know most of the weapons that give stacking buffs have been nerfed but I assume there are still some that work even after switching away from them. Maybe Scordeo's Trophy hijinks or something along those lines?

I looked for some good jacket guide but couldn’t find, I guess nobody uses this class 😂😂

One possible great use of Black Jacket would be to have a couple of weapon slots with firearms, and then the final one with melee weapons. You could open the fight with a couple of volleys from your guns, and then switch to melee. You'd skip the reload with the firearms and also have the reduced recovery penalty from switching weapons.

1 hour ago, freddfranca said:

My idea is a Jacket with one ranged weapon, battleaxe (I love the bleed damage), and maybe two weapons with debuff modals, or one shield. 

And combine with Streetfighter, Berserker or Helwalker. What are your thoughts?

My proposal was to use Assasin along with Blackjacket. Those special weapon abilities like Thunderous Report would be very strong with the Assassinate boost. 

Also Oathbreaker axe Assassinate attack can be deadly VS a large group. 

11 minutes ago, Haplok said:

My proposal was to use Assasin along with Blackjacket. Those special weapon abilities like Thunderous Report would be very strong with the Assassinate boost. 

My mistake, I thought you were talking about the weapon modals. Looks a good idea, I will take a look abou the special weapons.

3 hours ago, Haplok said:

Oathbreaker in the hands of an assassin attacking from stealth can be very deadly. You might check out the Assassin/Devoted build that Not So Clever Hound recently posted. It's a very effective build. He chose Devoted for the extra PEN and damage on crit. This might be more effective than Blackjacket for an assassin build.

Yes, possibly. But a Blackjacket would be more versatile (and IMO interesting). Not limited to one weapon (type). And exploiting special powers of various weapons.

Here is another source of inspiration (with another axe - albeit available much later)

Edited by Haplok

Thanks for these builds, I will try to mix up and come with a  different build.

If you don’t mind, I have some more questions:

Spend one specialization in shield is wasted? I am thinking just in case the things go wrong...

And what weapons do you suggest? 

5 hours ago, freddfranca said:

Thanks for these builds, I will try to mix up and come with a  different build.

If you don’t mind, I have some more questions:

Spend one specialization in shield is wasted? I am thinking just in case the things go wrong...

And what weapons do you suggest? 

I'm fond of Amra but there are many great weapons in the game. As for shields, each has a unique modal that can be very useful if you build around it.

• Like 1

You can use all weapon types without modal. In some cases the model isn't even that useful (e.g. Great Swords). Large Shield modal on the other hand can be very useful in certain situations, even if only used seldomly. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So I took a dive through the wiki in order to find practical examples of interesting weapons to quickswitch into and out of. All +PL weapons can be switched in and out with no penalty to maximize effect so I didn't list them here unless they have some other notable abilities (probably not worth the micro outside a caster multiclass).

Amra (Twohanded Battle Axe): Has a chance to proc Frenzy after a kill

Slayer's Claw (Battle Axe): Upgrades might inspirations by a tier and has a per encounter lunge ability

Red Hand (Arquebus): Has a passive where scoring kills increases both damage dealt and damage recieved, but I remember reading that this only increases damage dealt with Red Hand and doesn't aplly to other weapons

Kitchen Stove (Hand Cannon): Has a per encounter AoE attack

Kapana Tanga (Club): Has both +engagement as well as flanking immunity

Shattered Vengeance (Club): Inflicts a curse increasing incoming damage on hit or graze

Marux Amanth (Dagger) : Per rest execute ability. If bound to a priest has a 10% spell echo chance

Lover's Embrace (Dagger): Can proc frenzy against on hits against male/female enemies. Permanent DoT when attacking from stealth.

Engoliero do Espirs (Estoc): Casts Ghots Blades on kill, inverts the -2MIG, -2 DEX,  -2CON debuff into a +2 MIG, +2 DEX, +2 CON buff for 45sec

Ball and Chain (Flail): -2% action speed on enemy on hit, stacks 10 times

I didn't have time to go through everything yet but I'll likely return to this list later on. I think I'd also always include a large shield in one loadout in case the modal is needed to survive mass gunfire or other large damage spikes.

27 minutes ago, Synomuumi said:

So I took a dive through the wiki in order to find practical examples of interesting weapons to quickswitch into and out of. All +PL weapons can be switched in and out with no penalty to maximize effect so I didn't list them here unless they have some other notable abilities (probably not worth the micro outside a caster multiclass).

Amra (Twohanded Battle Axe): Has a chance to proc Frenzy after a kill

Slayer's Claw (Battle Axe): Upgrades might inspirations by a tier and has a per encounter lunge ability

Red Hand (Arquebus): Has a passive where scoring kills increases both damage dealt and damage recieved, but I remember reading that this only increases damage dealt with Red Hand and doesn't aplly to other weapons

Kitchen Stove (Hand Cannon): Has a per encounter AoE attack

Kapana Tanga (Club): Has both +engagement as well as flanking immunity

Shattered Vengeance (Club): Inflicts a curse increasing incoming damage on hit or graze

Marux Amanth (Dagger) : Per rest execute ability. If bound to a priest has a 10% spell echo chance

Lover's Embrace (Dagger): Can proc frenzy against on hits against male/female enemies. Permanent DoT when attacking from stealth.

Engoliero do Espirs (Estoc): Casts Ghots Blades on kill, inverts the -2MIG, -2 DEX,  -2CON debuff into a +2 MIG, +2 DEX, +2 CON buff for 45sec

Ball and Chain (Flail): -2% action speed on enemy on hit, stacks 10 times

I didn't have time to go through everything yet but I'll likely return to this list later on. I think I'd also always include a large shield in one loadout in case the modal is needed to survive mass gunfire or other large damage spikes.

Thanks mate, this will be very helpful. I will try set up the build later and go at least level 10.

I also like Whispers of the Endless Paths. One of its upgrade as a per encounter single target damage ability. It's also good to have an AoE weapons to apply afflictions from Attack abilities on several targets.

I also like having street sweeper on a black jacket build for an on-demand buff remover.

Modwyr has a per encounter special attack and Immunity Vs Int afflictions is handy.

Morningstar/club/flail are nice to quickswitch into.