The all things Poltical topic - We bear our banners aloft, boots like Drums Our Cadence quick, our countenance dire.

Gorth

15 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Please follow the rules of the internet and mention Foundations of Geopolitics and how it explains everything about Russia when mentioning that name.

Outdated now, Dugin originally envisioned a Russian reconciliation with...Japan and Germany, whilst knocking out China and the U.S. and creating some kind of bizarre Eurasian hegemony.  He's apparently now in the China/Russia pact pretty candidly.

https://demokratizatsiya.pub/archives/Geopolitics.pdf

Again it's crazy fascist stuff that I don't really understand, but I do agree with him that ideologies constantly shift over time as reality shapes itself.

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

Technically SWIFT is European. Based in Belgium, iirc. Thoroughly compromised by the NSA though, and frankly, if they were the only ones I'd be extraordinarily surprised.

So it going would be great since it's pretty useless and hopelessly insecure, if it weren't for the fact that a replacement would also be specced by the sort of people who think building backdoors into everything is a great idea. Russia and China have supposedly had an alternative ready to go for years.

Not going into details, but technically any deal in USD with the use of SWIFT can be seized by the US Gov.  

2 hours ago, Raithe said:

For that slightly different aspect of politics...

https://www.thewrap.com/golden-globes-canceled-netflix-amazon-boycott-hfpa-reform/

Let them cannibalize each other.

Last Oscar ratings perhaps will make this whole segment of people get hit with some reality check. 

I could not care less for all those award ceremonies. 

Hopefully we can reach a level where the overpriced entertainment monkeys of holywood will understand their role in society. "shut up and entertain people" 

I'd rather pay their fees to engineers running space or healthcare programs. 

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57050690

"The US government issued emergency legislation on Sunday after the largest fuel pipeline in the US was hit by a ransomware cyber-attack.

The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day - 45% of the East Coast's supply of diesel, gasoline and jet fuel. It was completely knocked offline by a cyber-criminal gang on Friday and is still working to restore service."

The Democrats will probably blame it on Russia. The Republicans will probably blame it on China. Iran will be laughing it's ass off in the meantime...

It was being blamed on a non-governmental Russian hacker group on Friday.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Let them cannibalize each other.

Last Oscar ratings pergaps will make this whole segment of people get hit with some reality check. 

I could not care less for all those award ceremonies. 

Hopefully we can reach a level where the overpriced entertainment monkeys of holywood will understand their role in society. "shut up and entertain people" 

I'd rather pay their fees to engineers running space or healthcare programs. 

Oh come on, RIcky Gervais was awesome last year when he took on HFPA at their own award show. If just to watch the grimaces and the cringing of the "celebrities" (including Apples Tim Cook and other) when he tells exactly what he think about Hollywood, FFPA and the movie industry. It's priceless 😂

Names referenced:

Ronan Farrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Farrow (investigative journalist who uncovered the sordid affairs of Hollywood and Harvey Weinstein)

Harvey Weinstein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein (in)famous movie producer and the "Boss" of Hollywood

Jeffrey Epstein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein Influential financier

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

32 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Oh come on, RIcky Gervais was awesome last year when he took on HFPA at their own award show. If just to watch the grimaces and the cringing of the "celebrities" (including Apples Tim Cook and other) when he tells exactly what he think about Hollywood, FFPA and the movie industry. It's priceless 😂

Names referenced:

Ronan Farrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Farrow (investigative journalist who uncovered the sordid affairs of Hollywood and Harvey Weinstein)

Harvey Weinstein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein (in)famous movie producer and the "Boss" of Hollywood

Jeffrey Epstein: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein Influential financier

Ok, this I agree with, but i do not think he will be hosting a show anytime soon 😉

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

"Non-governmental"?  They're losing form, I'm just waiting for them finally get to "Slav scum".

They claim to not be political, but in it for the money - https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/criminal-gang-colonial-pipeline-shutdown-motive-was-financial/2LCW5YEDT5CDDARLM7VXRJA2UM/

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Only report I have seen so far was 2 out of 3 early this morning (EST).

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/6/21248553/coronavirus-russia-doctors-windows-death

Three Russian doctors working to treat coronavirus patients have mysteriously fallen out of windows in recent weeks, underscoring the country’s struggling health care system — and leading to suspicions of foul play.

• Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

"For example, Nepomnyashchaya was on a conference call with a top Russian health official about plans for turning one of the buildings at her medical facility into a coronavirus treatment ward. She disagreed with the idea, and fell out of the window during the call, according to local media. "

Not sure if there is really any mystery there? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

putin accounted for eight goals.  eight. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

"For example, Nepomnyashchaya was on a conference call with a top Russian health official about plans for turning one of the buildings at her medical facility into a coronavirus treatment ward. She disagreed with the idea, and fell out of the window during the call, according to local media. "

Not sure if there is really any mystery there? ;)

It wasn't just Doctors either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8405487/Three-Russian-Covid-19-patients-fall-deaths-hospital-windows.html

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

1 hour ago, rjshae said:

Obvious conclusion... the Russian strain of Covid induces a compulsory urge to jump from windows 🤔

It probably looks better in the health statistics. Less people dying from Covid!

8 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

What will be interesting to see if all the people who were recently shocked and appalled at Chinese ethnic cleansing, settlement and oppression in Xinjiang will be similarly upset at Israeli ethnic cleansing, settlement and oppression in Palestine. Somehow, I suspect not.

16 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Obvious conclusion... the Russian strain of Covid induces a compulsory urge to jump from windows 🤔

It probably looks better in the health statistics. Less people dying from Covid!

as soon as you mention putin or russia, a few o' the board conspiracy folks sudden go all skeptical. is... amusing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Dunno, Russia and Putin seems to be living rent free in a fair few people's heads. But since you seem desperate for a counter view and I already had the figures needed at hand...

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Russia has pretty clearly been under reporting covid deaths significantly. Excess death stats are kind of silly and inaccurate- if we got by them covid brought people back to life in NZ instead of causing deaths, for example- but it's pretty clear that a six figure number should have been added to Russia's death toll, the only real disputation is how high that six figure number is.

Fundamentally I'd be skeptical (heh) of suggesting any foul play at work when someone is suffering from covid, since a major potential symptom is Delirium. And that covers 2/3 of the cases in Raithe's article. The 3rd, yeah, just a tad suspicious, if the facts given are accurate.

Dunno if they should be counted as suicide, or misadventure, or covid if caused by hyperactive covid delirium, but while Russia's suicide rate has declined around 70% since the 1990s it's still one of the highest in the world. Especially so for men where it was world #1 as recently as 2016; and that before the added stress of covid. You'd expect 2 Russian healthcare workers a day to kill themselves by simple statistics, and you'd have to assume that the rate would be higher for such a stressful occupation and time.

well, that was quick.

on the lighter side, from one o' the other despots attempting to undermine western democracies, 

HA! Good Fun!

20 more years and US will not be able to have a functioning military to counter China, Russia and other raising threats

https://about.bgov.com/news/army-anime-courts-teens-from-a-small-pool-of-eligible-gen-zers/

One more conflict, which US will procure, some images of body bags, and US will need to go to mandatory draft.

But hey, lets glorify lazines, self entitlement and fatness. 

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

as soon as you mention putin or russia, a few o' the board conspiracy folks sudden go all skeptical. is... amusing.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't know if Putin personally orders each killing, but no doubt a lot of people got helped along with their "involuntary suicides" and "accidents" by someone with the power to order it, even if just because the decisions/directives coming from the top does not tolerate things that makes the top look bad...

Edit: I think Putin is smarter than that, but clumsy and incompetent minions are just not good at covering their tracks when it comes to liquidations, successful as well as failed ones.

37 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I don't know if Putin personally orders each killing, but no doubt a lot of people got helped along with their "involuntary suicides" and "accidents" by someone with the power to order it, even if just because the decisions/directives coming from the top does not tolerate things that makes the top look bad...

no doubt putin has many things on his mind. having individual doctors and covid patients fall from windows is gonna be kinda far down on his personal to do list.

1) navalny

2) have more stripper poles installed at the pleasure palace 

3) navalny

4)boris mikhailov refused an invitation to my hockey event. "seventy six years old," is hardly a decent excuse. maybe he suffers an "icing" penalty from which he never recovers...

5) navalny

6) navalny

etc.

putin, whatever his flaws, ain't an idiot. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 3