Funny Stuff: The Funny Awakens

Amentep

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

Or is this more politics? 189265169_5149528605140152_6389954206117

It's more politics. :p

The restorative justice is the one that gets me. It amazes me how many people can't grasp that. Let them rot in prison. >_<

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

It's more politics. :p

The restorative justice is the one that gets me. It amazes me how many people can't grasp that. Let them rot in prison. >_<

It seems to me the ones most eager to tell you about Jesus are the ones who understand Him the least. No excuse for that really. Not like there are not four recountings of eyewitness testimony. One of which (Mark) is likely written by the eyewitness 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Eh, for some crimes the perpetrator deserves to rot in prison, for others, not so much. Restore away.:shrugz:

I realize this is taking away from the funny, but this is a fantastic chart that shows the breakdown:

pie2020.webp?v=1

6,700 kids locked up over technical violations. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 2

^ Best perpetual villains:

• Kurtwood Smith
  • Christopher Walken
  • Ronny Cox
  • Danny Trejo
  • Dennis Hopper
  • Michael Ironside

Am I missing anyone notable?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

• Kurtwood Smith
  • Christopher Walken
  • Ronny Cox
  • Danny Trejo
  • Dennis Hopper
  • Michael Ironside

Malcolm McDowell?

Tim Curry for the scene chewing....

Mark Strong? Although they've started balancing out his villain/good guy support roles.

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

• Kurtwood Smith
  • Christopher Walken
  • Ronny Cox
  • Danny Trejo
  • Dennis Hopper
  • Michael Ironside

Yes. Gary Oldman 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Malcolm McDowell and Gary Oldman were definitely big oversights on my part. 

In an unrelated story:

nsPwcqN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Since David refuses to desist from his incessant punnery, I have reluctantly concluded that I have an obligation to determine which circle of Hell he is destined to occupy in the afterlife. Unfortunately, the great sage Dante Alighieri left us no clear guidance on the subject.

It seems clear that the eternal damnation of punsters must lie on one of three levels: Either the Third (Gluttony), the Seventh (Violence) or the Eighth (Fraud.) A good case can certainly be made for the first two. Gluttony, in that the punster has an insatiable and never-satisfied craving for the lowest form of humor in existence. And Violence, of course, since the essence of his "humor" is the brutal mangling of sane language usage.

Nonetheless, I think the best case can be made for condemnation to the Eighth Circle of Hell, which Dante designated at the destination of those guilty of fraud. Within the eighth circle is another called the Malebolge (“Evil Pockets”), which houses 10 separate bolgias (“ditches”). In these exist types of those who commit fraud: panderers/seducers; flatterers; simoniacs (those who sell ecclesiastical preferment); sorcerers/astrologers/false prophets; barrators (corrupt politicians); hypocrites; thieves; false counselors/advisers; schismatics (those who separate religions to form new ones); and alchemists/counterfeiters, perjurers, impersonators, etc. Each bolgia is guarded by different demons, and the inhabitants suffer different punishments, such as the simoniacs, who stand head-first in stone bowls and endure flames upon their feet.

Fraud is the very essence of the punster's "art." He begins a sentence or paragraph by positing a clear and logical use for a given word or term, and then at the very end distorts it into sheer nonsense. Where else could he wind up but in the Eighth Circle? His sad but just fate to be suspended over a moat filled with alligators by a hook driven through his conniving tongue

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

image.jpeg.cfbd3bf3725f3d227e3fccf7a5a7aa79.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

image.thumb.jpeg.f448bc7e7fc83a0b25dfd3d00a68af59.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Thomas Sowell