(the fandom wiki)

I noticed today that some weapons had disappeared off the unique weapons list (an arbalest, an arquebus, and a crossbow): https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_unique_weapons_(Deadfire)

Try as I might, I cannot figure out why they aren't showing up; that page uses some sort of template, and there's nothing special taht I can tell about e.g. Spearcaster that would cause it to disappear off the list but would cause Mechanical Marvel to re-appear.

• Thanks 1

The wiki generates those lists from datasets (it uses an extension called Cargo). Often the generation seems to have hickups. Sometimes there are multiple entries of one item, others are missing.

Sometimes it can be fixed doing an empy edit (just so that that the list gets generated again properly). Often I can't change anything though. My knowledge about how that wiki operates under the hood is very limited so I can't really do anything without diving deeper into that software - which I don't want to do. ;)

But maybe if we tag one of the wiki guys here, for example @Tagaziel, they might be able to fix it...? 

Edit: several unique weapons also seem to have disappeared from other lists. For example Spearcaster is not only gone from the unique weapons list bzt also from the list of all arbalests. 

The wiki moved from gamepadia to fandom recently. Maybe that caused some problems, too?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

There are missing shields too...

Which ones?

Edit: I miss that large gladiator-themed shield. What name was that...?
Edit2: Bronlar's Phalanx...

Edited by Boeroer

There was a fix of the template for shields as well (two variables were set as "string" - but string was too small in size for long item descriptions so it was changed into "wikitext") - but apparently is wasn't enough fixing and there's still something not right. Maybe one or two additional variable types have to be changed. Those three shields must share something that lets the generator bug out on them (e.g. text for aquisition is too long or something). I fiddled around but couldn't fix it. I contacted the dev again. I guess it will get fixed today sometime.  

Edited by Boeroer

• 2 weeks later...