The attack of Hendar!!!!

The one thing that I thought was sort of hilarious in KOTOR was how much Bioware over-used Hendar's face and the cheer animation.

Now I know you are probably wandering...."What is the Hendar face and cheer animation?". Well let me explain it to you, first the Hendar face.

Remember on Taris, the undercity. Got me? Taris....undercity? Okay. Remember when you are just about to go outside the gates but before you go out you see this person getting chased by a Ragual (or however the hell you spell it). Then that girl in the back yells "Run Hendar Run!!!!" then we get a cut-scene of Hendar running from the danger. Well anyways, remember the face that the Hendar character had? Remember how he looked? Well that is the Hendar face.

I'm not complaining but the Hendar face was over-used in the game if you ask me. I tell you, about 40% of the males (In my mind) in KOTOR had the Hendar face. My brother and I think its funny. Every time we see that face my brother is like "Hendar! Look its Hendar! Man, Hendar had a big role in this game. He was a prisoner on Manaan, he is a Sith, Hendar got chased by Raguals, man Hendar is a main character in this game!" Of course he was trying to be funny. But he is right, his face was used a lot in the game.

Now to the cheer animation. You know everytime you do something good, like win a swoop race and then your character comes out and throws his right arm up in the air, as if he is cheering? Know that animation? Well that animation again was used a lot in the game, sometimes in stupid situations. Like when an enemy that is the leader of a group of enemies is about to attack you, he'll say something and then he'll do the cheer animation. Again, I thing its funny but I do believe it was over used.

So what does this all have to do with KOTOR 2? Since Obsidian said that they will be keeping to the same formula as KOTOR, well I just hope that Hendar doesn't again be a main character in the game and I hope that the cheer animation isn't over used.

I think even more overused face than Hendar was that of Igear / Dak Vesser / that guy who wants you to sell the rakghoul serum to Zax etc. I also got tired of seeing Ahlan Matale everywhere in the game... They definitely need more faces in KotOR 2. The animations didn't bother me that much, but of course, the more the merrier.

I agree, I hope the second game has more than the same 4 faces for everybody. I mean it's so dumb on Korriban where you see Dak Vessor, Galon Lor, and all the other male sith guards with the same african american face. I wish that Bioware made it that everybody with a name had their own face.

"Run Hendar run!!! You gotta go kill shoot Handon Guold before he killsCalder Nettic on Dantooine!! :lol: " That's the other face you always see, the Handon Guld face.

The Sith base on Korriban was the best place because everyone had their own face, well except Kel Awgwin

Annnnnnyway, I hope the 2nd game has more faces

Yes, in KOTOR there are 4-5 male faces and they are used all aver the game. Also look at the aliens, especially rodians - one and the same faces and dressing, only different colors. This is annoying and can be solved by only hiring additional artists and designers, which means additional costs. If Obsidian has budgeted this cost, we will see when the game is released :)

Nik.

LMFAO, hopefully they will skin more then 4 faces and make a few different animations, Hendar seriously was gettin played out.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I wish that Bioware made it that everybody with a name had their own face. 

Since the engine doesn't support altering the look of faces in the game, we can't really make every NPC look different like you can in a game that allows more detailed character appearance control, like, say, Star Wars Galaxies does. In SWG, you can just have the engine crank out a random looking character, throw on randomly generated clothing, and you have a new looking NPC.

In KotOR, we would have to have the artists draw, texture, and animate each seperate face.

This is the downside of having more detailed graphics, I guess. Back in the 2D era of RPGs, NPCs looked the same all over the game, but since the detail wasn't there, no one really cared. Now that we have more detailed graphics like KotOR has, it's more in your face that they all look the same. Unfortunately, if we actually did want to make every named NPC look different, we would have to cut way way down on named NPCs, which would definitely hurt other content.

The next generation of 3D engines will probably put more emphasis on making it easier to generate unique looking NPCs, but that technology isn't going to be available in KotOR2.

In short, we're adding more faces, so the variety will be a little bigger. But most of them are still going to assigned from the heads you don't use for your PC, just like in KotOR1. Maybe there'll be an attack of some other NPC throughout the game!

-Akari

Also can Obsidian Try to put in some new Dialog? I think everyone here is tired of listening to every twi'lek in kotor and that little girl on the ebon hawk go Mucha Zaka Paka. :p

Actually, Please leave that line in. Only anytime it's said, your PC can kill the character who says it.

"A'chutaah"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was very hard to play light side through the stowaway quest. I had to turn my speakers off before I started going crazy. :blink:

The second time through the game, when I was playing darkside, I felt an almost sick joy when I kicked her off the ship on Tattoine.

Akari even if you guys make MINOR adjustments to some of the faces to make them look a little different that would be great. Hendar was just out of control! B)

Mucha Zaka Paka!

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

If there's one easter egg in this game I'd like to see.. it would be Hendar somehow getting off Taris and showing up in KOTOR2..cheering somewhere :)