Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Feel free if you'd like to post about a time (there are probably many) when Boeroer un-stuck you from a difficult situation in Deadfire, or opened your mind to new possibilities with a fantastic new build/combo of mechanics.

For me I must say it was back in PoE 1 with his adorable Bilestomper build. What a delight this little dude was!

@Boeroer here is a cake made of cheese for you on behalf of this community:

These Wedding Cakes Are What Cheese-Lovers Dreams Are Made of

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it was the Monksterlasher build. I loved that build and used in in several POE runs. That build also taught me to appreciate the power of multiple lashes. Thanks, Boeroer!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The golden dragon back in PoE 1 was a thing of beauty that I really enjoyed playing (though with a warhammer instead of a sabre).

I'm not as active here as I was back then and my hours in Deadfire are a fraction of my time in PoE 1 but without his many (many) posts on the subject I probably would have dismissed WoTEP as not worth it after the fix/nerf and never played my greatsword devoted/priest-of-wael that a had a lot of fun with.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thelee said:

Clear Out for sure. Boeroer even made an easy to understand graphic.

But I missed that the initial target gets hit twice. What a fail... :(;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I remember all these stupid jokes we laughed together since PoE1 :

Ramirez, lord of gilded vale

Direballs

SPIRITCAPSLOCK

Minmaxer anals

Let's not forget Buttercut! : 😆

Thinking about Rodriguez/Ramirez I have to laugh again. Who was that user (or his autocorrections) who gave him all that hispanic names? I think he's not active anymore.

  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted before but have been following for awhile, and it's pretty impressive how active Boeroer is, and how informative he is. He's a real asset to the forums, good job dude.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

His Counselor Ploi build from POE 1 finally gave me what I needed to realize a character mechanically that matched the character I wanted to role-play, which turned the game from something I didn't like as much as I thought I should to one of my favorite games of all time.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Griffonheart said:

Cheese cake for the member who discovers cheese, just so. The only thing missing is the fermented tofu i.e. tofu cheese.

All that smells is not cheese.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have 2,6k posts
Thelee has 3,1k posts
And both of us are pretty big posters here, I think.

Fun to consider than Boeroer is basically a bigger poster by an order of magnitude.
And still manages to build a Patio in his garden.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I have 2,6k posts
Thelee has 3,1k posts
And both of us are pretty big posters here, I think.

Fun to consider than Boeroer is basically a bigger poster by an order of magnitude.
And still manages to build a Patio in his garden.

...aaand a raised bed for vegetables, a little greenhouse for tomatoes, a rabbit hutch, a wardrobe, two loft beds... busy busy busy! ;)
After painting nearly all rooms in my house I'm currently sanding & resealing the floor. That's not that exciting... :(
Next: tree house, chicken coop & carport. Should be more fun. 😅

I'm not working that much atm though. Because somebody has to look after the kids who currently have very little teacher-to-pupil learning time but more homeschooling - and kindergarden is closed, too. My wife cannot reduce her work time (she goes at 7:30am and returns after 8pm on a good day). That's why I have more time for such home improvement projects. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

...aaand a raised bed for vegetables, a little greenhouse for tomatoes, a rabbit hutch, a wardrobe, two loft beds... busy busy busy! ;)
After painting nearly all rooms in my house I'm currently sanding & resealing the floor. That's not that exciting... :(
Next: tree house, chicken coop & carport. Should be more fun. 😅

Yeah, me too. Except I do all that in Stardew Valley.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I started my adventure on obsidian forums by seeing some post by Boeroer and then I read all of them (poe2 related). Game has been much easier and more fun after that. I like the way you are always helpful for anyone asking even though it means answering the same questions over and over again.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Because somebody has to look after the kids who currently have very little teacher-to-pupil learning time

Did you mean us on the forum or your actual kids? ;) Maybe both.

I've been sucked into home/garden improvement business too but I don't think I'm as successful as you with my endeavors. Let's say my Upscaled PotD Solo toons manage to die less than my real-life salads...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dalzar said:

I started my adventure on obsidian forums by seeing some post by Boeroer and then I read all of them (poe2 related). Game has been much easier and more fun after that. I like the way you are always helpful for anyone asking even though it means answering the same questions over and over again.

Agree, these games are phenomenal on their own but no way would I have enjoyed them as much and for as long as I have if it weren't for the ideas and knowledge shared in these forums. I smile every time I leave the game for a spell only to return and see Boeroer and others still actively helping others or collaborating on the mods that have improved my experience. Many thanks Boeroer! Also, many thanks to the regulars here who have helped me and others enjoy these gems more richly. I won't mention names, but you know who you are!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FleetFeet said:

Agree, these games are phenomenal on their own but no way would I have enjoyed them as much and for as long as I have if it weren't for the ideas and knowledge shared in these forums. I smile every time I leave the game for a spell only to return and see Boeroer and others still actively helping others or collaborating on the mods that have improved my experience. Many thanks Boeroer! Also, many thanks to the regulars here who have helped me and others enjoy these gems more richly. I won't mention names, but you know who you are!

This! It's so nice to see you guys, and Boeroer in specific, caring so much for this game and the community here. Thank you :) 

you might not be the ones this game needs (to be successful) but the ones it deserves ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...