Boeroer has reached 20,000 posts! Let's reward his dedication with a nice thread.

Feel free if you'd like to post about a time (there are probably many) when Boeroer un-stuck you from a difficult situation in Deadfire, or opened your mind to new possibilities with a fantastic new build/combo of mechanics.

For me I must say it was back in PoE 1 with his adorable Bilestomper build. What a delight this little dude was!

@Boeroer here is a cake made of cheese for you on behalf of this community:

These Wedding Cakes Are What Cheese-Lovers Dreams Are Made of

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

The golden dragon back in PoE 1 was a thing of beauty that I really enjoyed playing (though with a warhammer instead of a sabre).

I'm not as active here as I was back then and my hours in Deadfire are a fraction of my time in PoE 1 but without his many (many) posts on the subject I probably would have dismissed WoTEP as not worth it after the fix/nerf and never played my greatsword devoted/priest-of-wael that a had a lot of fun with.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thelee said:

Clear Out for sure. Boeroer even made an easy to understand graphic.

But I missed that the initial target gets hit twice. What a fail... :(;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I remember all these stupid jokes we laughed together since PoE1 :

Ramirez, lord of gilded vale

Direballs

SPIRITCAPSLOCK

Minmaxer anals

Let's not forget Buttercut! : 😆

Thinking about Rodriguez/Ramirez I have to laugh again. Who was that user (or his autocorrections) who gave him all that hispanic names? I think he's not active anymore.

• Haha 1

I have 2,6k posts
Thelee has 3,1k posts
And both of us are pretty big posters here, I think.

Fun to consider than Boeroer is basically a bigger poster by an order of magnitude.
And still manages to build a Patio in his garden.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I have 2,6k posts
Thelee has 3,1k posts
And both of us are pretty big posters here, I think.

Fun to consider than Boeroer is basically a bigger poster by an order of magnitude.
And still manages to build a Patio in his garden.

...aaand a raised bed for vegetables, a little greenhouse for tomatoes, a rabbit hutch, a wardrobe, two loft beds... busy busy busy! ;)
After painting nearly all rooms in my house I'm currently sanding & resealing the floor. That's not that exciting... :(
Next: tree house, chicken coop & carport. Should be more fun. 😅

I'm not working that much atm though. Because somebody has to look after the kids who currently have very little teacher-to-pupil learning time but more homeschooling - and kindergarden is closed, too. My wife cannot reduce her work time (she goes at 7:30am and returns after 8pm on a good day). That's why I have more time for such home improvement projects. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

...aaand a raised bed for vegetables, a little greenhouse for tomatoes, a rabbit hutch, a wardrobe, two loft beds... busy busy busy! ;)
After painting nearly all rooms in my house I'm currently sanding & resealing the floor. That's not that exciting... :(
Next: tree house, chicken coop & carport. Should be more fun. 😅

Yeah, me too. Except I do all that in Stardew Valley.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I started my adventure on obsidian forums by seeing some post by Boeroer and then I read all of them (poe2 related). Game has been much easier and more fun after that. I like the way you are always helpful for anyone asking even though it means answering the same questions over and over again.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Because somebody has to look after the kids who currently have very little teacher-to-pupil learning time

Did you mean us on the forum or your actual kids? ;) Maybe both.

I've been sucked into home/garden improvement business too but I don't think I'm as successful as you with my endeavors. Let's say my Upscaled PotD Solo toons manage to die less than my real-life salads...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dalzar said:

I started my adventure on obsidian forums by seeing some post by Boeroer and then I read all of them (poe2 related). Game has been much easier and more fun after that. I like the way you are always helpful for anyone asking even though it means answering the same questions over and over again.

Agree, these games are phenomenal on their own but no way would I have enjoyed them as much and for as long as I have if it weren't for the ideas and knowledge shared in these forums. I smile every time I leave the game for a spell only to return and see Boeroer and others still actively helping others or collaborating on the mods that have improved my experience. Many thanks Boeroer! Also, many thanks to the regulars here who have helped me and others enjoy these gems more richly. I won't mention names, but you know who you are!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FleetFeet said:

Agree, these games are phenomenal on their own but no way would I have enjoyed them as much and for as long as I have if it weren't for the ideas and knowledge shared in these forums. I smile every time I leave the game for a spell only to return and see Boeroer and others still actively helping others or collaborating on the mods that have improved my experience. Many thanks Boeroer! Also, many thanks to the regulars here who have helped me and others enjoy these gems more richly. I won't mention names, but you know who you are!

This! It's so nice to see you guys, and Boeroer in specific, caring so much for this game and the community here. Thank you :) 

you might not be the ones this game needs (to be successful) but the ones it deserves ;) 

• Like 2