nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

Packers @ 49ers Sunday Night Football gave me football cancer, I'm pretty sure. That was some atrocious garbage. Between phantom roughing the passer, phantom defensive pass interferences, calling a trip on a defensive player when they're sacking the QB, Davante Adams getting knocked out on an extremely obvious spearing with no penalty called, missing an obvious grounding that gifted them seven points...what an absolute disaster. Guess I should be happy that Rodgers pulled some vintage Rodgers witchcraft and still managed to win the game starting the final drive with 37 seconds and no timeouts, but my gosh.

Also can't believe our defensive line AND offensive line controlled most of the game, when: 1. The 49ers have had steller offensive line play the past couple of weeks with some star talent; 2. The Packers are starting two rookies on offensive line and were missing both their HoF LT (Bakhtiari) and their elite LG that was filling in for LT at an elite level (Jenkins) while starting some literal nobody named Yoshi at LT; 3. Packers' DL have been somewhere between bad and atrocious this year as well as last year; 4. 49ers' DL is one of the strongest in the game. None of that makes any sense to me at all, but I'm glad we won.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Muh Boys are putting the finishing touches on a hellacious asswhooping of the Iggles and the other 2 division rivals both lost yesterday, good times. I figured Philly would be our challenger for the NFC East this year, but after how we just stomped them...

Granted, it's early in the season and a lot can change, but week 3 is where I usually start to get a feel for the pecking order in the NFL. I gotta say, I feel pretty good. Our only loss was to the defending champions in a game we could have, maybe should have, won and we got a win against a Chargers team last week that I think is pretty good. Giants are 0-3 and just lost to a Falcons team that I think is in the bottom tier of the league, the Redskins don't look much better, and the Iggles didn't bother showing tonight.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

NFC North and NFC East both look pretty bad, though I think the Vikings will recover somewhat - they're better than their record indicates (and I actually put my money where my mouth was in saying that, as I actually made the incredibly foolish decision to pick the Vikings to beat the Seahawks this week in my pick-em this past week, which I almost changed about five or six times...but apparently I was onto something, because they pretty soundly beat the Seahawks). Think the Vikings and the Packers are just about shoo-ins for the playoffs if for no other reason than both teams having the guy.

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

NFC North and NFC East both look pretty bad, though I think the Vikings will recover somewhat - they're better than their record indicates (and I actually put my money where my mouth was in saying that, as I actually made the incredibly foolish decision to pick the Vikings to beat the Seahawks this week in my pick-em this past week, which I almost changed about five or six times...but apparently I was onto something, because they pretty soundly beat the Seahawks). Think the Vikings and the Packers are just about shoo-ins for the playoffs if for no other reason than both teams having the guy.

I wouldn't be so sure. We're almost certainly getting only 1 team out of the NFC East, there's a good chance we're getting 2 out of the South, and it wouldn't surprise me if 3 come out of the West. Long way to go.

My current NFC Wild Cards would be: Cards, Niners, Panthers (Panthers are leading the South but I still expect the Bucs to win the division). It's week 3 so obviously that's very subject to change. I do think the Vikings are a decent team, though, and the Packers are taking the North.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I wouldn't be so sure. We're almost certainly getting only 1 team out of the NFC East, there's a good chance we're getting 2 out of the South, and it wouldn't surprise me if 3 come out of the West. Long way to go.

I messed up, I meant to say "Packers and Cowboys", not "Packers and Vikings". Vikings are most definitely not a shoo-in, though I do think they have a chance. Late night posting, :yes:.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I messed up, I meant to say "Packers and Cowboys", not "Packers and Vikings". Vikings are most definitely not a shoo-in, though I do think they have a chance. Late night posting, :yes:.

Yeah. I don't want to jump the gun, but muh Boys have looked good in every game this season; 2 of those were against legit teams and the one chump team we played we mopped the floor with them, which is what good teams are supposed to do. There have been so many previous seasons where we had tons of talent and would play down to the level of lesser teams and just barely beat them or even lose, so it was a good sign the way we roflstomped Philly.

I don't follow your team nearly as closely as my own, but I wouldn't put much stock in the week 1 loss. It was week 1, y'all were coming off the off-season soap opera, plus playing against a Jameis team is always a roll of the dice. His highs are so high and lows are so low and you never know what you're going to get, that's what makes the Saints so fun to watch. Y'all just beat a Niners team that I think is legit so I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys are playing the Panthers this week to cap off a fairly difficult (roughly) first quarter of the season: @Bucs, @Chargers, Eagles, Panthers. That's 3 legit teams in 4 weeks. If we can come out of that stretch 3-1 I'll be quite happy. It won't be easy, though, the Panthers are playing well.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think this past week solidified Justin Tucker as having surpassed Al Del Greco as the greatest football player ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Aww yeah, muh Boys are 3-1. Life is good. This is where my Cowboys sabotage themselves, right? I'm bracing for 5 Cowboys getting arrested, 3 getting suspended, and 4 more getting COVID this week.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Aww yeah, muh Boys are 3-1. Life is good. This is where my Cowboys sabotage themselves, right? I'm bracing for 5 Cowboys getting arrested, 3 getting suspended, and 4 more getting COVID this week.

No, I think this is the part where you proceed to have a great regular season and get hyped up as a serious contender going into the playoffs, only to lose to you-know-who in a complete heart-breaker once again, :alienani:.

(...Followed by you-know-who getting demolished in the NFCCG...once again. Maybe the key is to have the Cowboys and Packers play each other in the NFCCG to begin with. At least one of us would make it to the Super Bowl that way.)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

No, I think this is the part where you proceed to have a great regular season and get hyped up as a serious contender going into the playoffs, only to lose to you-know-who in a complete heart-breaker once again, :alienani:.

(...Followed by you-know-who getting demolished in the NFCCG...once again. Maybe the key is to have the Cowboys and Packers play each other in the NFCCG to begin with. At least one of us would make it to the Super Bowl that way.)

After the season we had last year, I'll take a painful playoff loss. Right now I'm worried about just getting to the playoffs and all the different ways muh Boys could slip on the proverbial banana peel and hand over the trash division we're in. Assuming we manage to avoid said banana peel and it's time for Rodgers to once again play the part of Mola Ram, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

NarrowFirmChihuahua-max-1mb.gif

Kali Ma Shakti De

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Packers' All-Pro LT, Pro Bowl LG, starting C, WR2, Pro Bowl OLB1, ILB2, All-Pro CB1, and CB2 all with injuries that have taken them out for games, and will be missing all but the CB2 @Bengals in an hour. This team is danged lucky to be 3-1 right now, and I think if we somehow win this one, I'll be a true believer...but I'm expecting a loss, because that is just too much to overcome.

(e): Post-game:

giphy.gif

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

Another W for muh Boys. Granted, beating the Giants isn't exactly a great accomplishment, but a win is a win and it's not our fault the rest of the division is trash.

The rest of the way it's:

@Pats

*BYE*

@Vikes

Broncos

Falcons

@Chiefs

Raiders

Saints

@Skins

@Giants

Skins

@Cards

@Iggles

Chiefs, Cards, and Raiders stand out as the obvious loss candidates, though I could see muh Boys winning any of those games, and Saints is a roll of the dice because they're so erratic. There's probably a stupid loss in there somewhere too. 12-5 is not unrealistic.

Obviously, all of that can change next week when half the team gets injured and/or suspended.

As an aside, how many teams are kicking themselves for passing on Trevon Diggs? He might be the best corner in the league, holy crap that guy is good!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Even though the Packers are currently made out of some string and duct tape, we somehow keep winning. Can't complain, I guess, though I suspect our luck will run out sometime soon.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

What a ****show that was! Muh Boys played like garbage today; we had so many turnovers, terrible penalties, and our kicker missed a kick (it was 51 yards, so not exactly a chip shot) which should have been the final nail in our coffin. We deserved to lose that game; we should be 4-2 right now. Instead, we pulled a win out of our asses, thanks in no small part to Trevon Diggs being awesome.

As an added bonus, every other team in our dog**** division lost, so we're 3 games clear of the pack heading into our bye week. The way I see it, we only need 4 wins in our remaining 11 games to take the NFC East. I can't imagine any of the other 3 teams getting to 9-8, I'm not sure if any of them can even get to 8-9.

Have I mentioned that Trevon Diggs is awesome? I only bring this up because he's awesome.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He's Marcus Peters reborn. Let's up a number of bad impact plays due to over-aggression, but if the QB keeps targeting him, they're going to regret it when his insane aggressiveness suddenly pays off.

17 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

He's Marcus Peters reborn. Let's up a number of bad impact plays due to over-aggression, but if the QB keeps targeting him, they're going to regret it when his insane aggressiveness suddenly pays off.

He did that last year too, but his instincts and ability to predict the play have greatly improved this year, leading to a much more favorable ratio of interceptions to getting horribly burned. I can live with him getting burned once in a while if he keeps getting picks every game.:p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Out of curiosity, are the Patriots still villains or has their descent into mediocrity since the Belichick/Brady divorce softened people's opinion of them? As a Cowboys fan, it's obvious where I stand, but for the rest of America, who was the babyface and who was the heel in the Cowboys vs Patriots game?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

9 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Out of curiosity, are the Patriots still villains or has their descent into mediocrity since the Belichick/Brady divorce softened people's opinion of them? As a Cowboys fan, it's obvious where I stand, but for the rest of America, who was the babyface and who was the heel in the Cowboys vs Patriots game?

I've always liked Belichick at least as a football mind and personality, while I've always hated Brady, so when the two split, it made it a lot easier to be O.K. with the Patriots winning...and doubly so since they've kept losing since he left. Additionally, the Cowboys are a solid-looking NFC threat - of course I was rooting for the Patriots. Still, I can take some solace in it being Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott...though the team would suddenly get a lot more likeable if a certain cereal-gorging RB wasn't currently starring there, :-.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

<Jets fan. Will always hate the Pats, even when they suck.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@the_dog_daysHopefully Zach Wilson works out for y'all. The Jets haven't had a good QB since... ... I guess Brett Favre wasn't completely washed up in his Jets season. He wasn't current Ben Roethlisberger level washed up, anyway. I'd be at least a little concerned about the amount of hits Zach Wilson is taking. Y'all need to protect your young QB.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸