nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

Kicking off the new season with a classically gosh-awful rendition of the national anthem, very cool!

(e): The ball does sometimes lie.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Given muh Boys were playing the champs on the road, I chalked up this one as an L before it even started. We put up a pretty good fight and Dak looked good, so overall I'm fairly happy.

• Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Given muh Boys were playing the champs on the road, I chalked up this one as an L before it even started. We put up a pretty good fight and Dak looked good, so overall I'm fairly happy.

Any time I cheer for the Cowboys, they always lose. ...Probably because I only cheer for them when they're facing a bigger and badder opponent, :p. Felt a bit robbed when that receiver got away with clear OPI on that big catch near the ending, but OPI has always been enforced so randomly and selectively I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, :shrugz:.

How ya feeling about losing your starting right tackle (instead of the usual defensive lineman!) to substance abuse issues?

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

How ya feeling about losing your starting right tackle (instead of the usual defensive lineman!) to substance abuse issues?

Par for the course. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot at least a half dozen times a season, I consider that a miracle and I should consider playing the lottery.

And yes, it feels really weird the very few times when muh Boys are the... I can't even say good guys, let's go with less bad guys. Glad to be back to normal next week. I like when our team is the villain, it feels right.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In contrast, all Packers fans are perpetually under the delusion that we're always the good guys, and any time anybody says we're not they're the ones that must the villains, :yes:.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

In contrast, all Packers fans are perpetually under the delusion that we're always the good guys, and any time anybody says we're not they're the ones that must the villains, :yes:.

Hold on, I'm going to convene with some folks from Minnesota about that statement. I'll get back to you. :shifty:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just now, Keyrock said:

Hold on, I'm going to convene with some folks from Minnesota about that statement. I'll get back to you. :shifty:

Or from Chicago...or from Michigan...or even from Texas, :p. Trust me, while Packers have some unique traits about them in this wonderful sports landscape of teams being owned by utterly amoral and sociopathic gazillionaires, I'm well-aware that a sports team is ultimately still just a sports team, :yes:.

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Or from Chicago...or from Michigan...or even from Texas, :p. Trust me, while Packers have some unique traits about them in this wonderful sports landscape of teams being owned by utterly amoral and sociopathic gazillionaires, I'm well-aware that a sports team is ultimately still just a sports team, :yes:.

If it makes you feel better, the Packers are mostly regionally villainous, mostly. Muh Boys are nationally villainous and we earned that reputation. :p

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Packers:

cover1.jpg

23 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Packers good, Cowboys bad.

If the Packers could just play @Cowboys for the next sixteen weeks, I'm fairly confident we would end at no worse than 12-5. Alas...

Don't overreact to week 1 scores, weird stuff in no way indicative of how teams will perform mid-season always happens in week 1. That said, I'm still going to make fun of the Packers getting obliterated. :p

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, the_dog_days said:

I was hoping to see another 30/30 season. Usually you only get to see one of those once a lifetime but I thought if anyone could do it twice it'd be Winston.

He has 16 more games to play, have faith.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Don't know if anyone else caught it, but as a huge hater of MNF and ESPN in general...Peyton Manning and Eli Manning doing the Raiders-Ravens game was actually a lot of fun and a totally different atmosphere from standard commentary. Seeing them getting frustrated with some of the boneheaded decision-making towards the end of the game was especially entertaining.

Aaron Rodgers appearing on the Pat McAfee show tomorrow should be entertaining.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Not sure how I feel about Saints getting smacked 0-17 against the Packers Panthers at the half here after whooping the Packers last week. I'll just keep telling myself if it was week one until tomorrow I guess...

Edited by Bartimaeus

On 9/13/2021 at 10:34 AM, the_dog_days said:

I was hoping to see another 30/30 season. Usually you only get to see one of those once a lifetime but I thought if anyone could do it twice it'd be Winston.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Not sure how I feel about Saints getting smacked 0-17 against the Packers Panthers at the half here after whooping the Packers last week. I'll just keep telling myself if it was week one until tomorrow I guess...

Jameis gonna Jameis.

Will Jameis Winston throw a bunch of touchdowns? Will he throw a bunch of picks? Heck, he might do both. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of N'awlins football!

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And the Vikings somehow miss every game-winning kick ever. Good lord, that was a gimme.

Our offense looks great this year; I realize I write that after scoring only 17 points. Dak is not quite a franchise QB but he's definitely an above average legit starter. Blake Jarwin is solid, Amari Cooper is good, and CeeDee Lamb is a bonafide star. Zeke looks a lot better than last year and Pollard is a stud. Provided we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, which is admittedly a big ask of muh Boys, we can score with anyone. The other side of the ball is a different story.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸