Trickster and beguiler go well together. 

One of my favourite builds with a trickster was a trickster troubadour. At the start, he was mostly support, and it took a while before he got off the ground. But when he did, hoo-boy. He used flails and clubs to apply status effects, and then used chanter spells that targeted those weakened armor types, like the lightning shout. 

Helwalker / Trickster might be a tad squishy, depending on your taste and playstyle.

But Trickster / Forbidden Fist... oh boy.

Trickster / Fighter is pretty obvious (Riposte galore).

Trickster / SoulBlade.

But honestly, Trickster is one of those classes, that will give good effects when mixed with nearly anything. Only some combos are more synergistic and some have more overlap (for example I'd pick another rogue subclass to mix with a Wizard or Priest of Wael).

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Haplok said:

But honestly, Trickster is one of those classes, that will give good effects when mixed with nearly anything.

This is true. But it is more true when one of those classes you mix it with benefits from deception. While you can mix it up with almost anything, adding it to other 'sneaky' type classes allows you to do some ridiculous things. I don't recall the specifics, but in the instance of my trickster troubadour, he used weapon models that drained enemy stats and armor, along with chants that did the same. The cherry on top was things like the dazzling lights and such. 

It makes killing things like spellcasters a little too easy. 

Unbroken/Trickster wit maxed out engagement and stuff is also neat for "offensive tanking". If you have engaged a ton of enemies and have enough of tanking you use Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage, scare them off and deal superhefty disengagement attacks. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

56 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Unbroken/Trickster wit maxed out engagement and stuff is also neat for "offensive tanking". If you have engaged a ton of enemies and have enough of tanking you use Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage, scare them off and deal superhefty disengagement attacks. 

That's kinda brilliant. 

Trickster/Shifter. You counterbalance the shifter's drawback (since all of the trickster spells can be used while spiritshifted) and in boar form you will do a ton of raw DoT thanks to sneak attack (and eventually deathblows) plus your wild lash.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Berathian said:

This is true. But it is more true when one of those classes you mix it with benefits from deception. While you can mix it up with almost anything, adding it to other 'sneaky' type classes allows you to do some ridiculous things. I don't recall the specifics, but in the instance of my trickster troubadour, he used weapon models that drained enemy stats and armor, along with chants that did the same. The cherry on top was things like the dazzling lights and such. 

It makes killing things like spellcasters a little too easy. 

Trickster combines strong damage output with powerful defensive buffs, therefore is well suited to most playstyles.

25 minutes ago, Griffonheart said:

Is it just me, or is every suggestion... not sneaky? As in, not stealth focused.

I suppose this is likely because in a lot of the more popular setups, Tricksters’ strengths lie elsewhere.

Not to mention you did specifically mention ‘tankiness’ in your first post. No need to be tanky when you’re sneaking and vice versa. 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griffonheart said:

Is it just me, or is every suggestion... not sneaky? As in, not stealth focused.

Look no further: 

The enchantment "Ondra's Wrath" was nerfed since then and doesn't trigger itself anymore, but it's still very good. 

The second revelation of that build - that gaze spells like Gaze of the Adragan work with Driving Flight - somehow flew under the radar so maybe this is a good time to bring it up again. ;)  But maybe that was nerfed, too. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: just checked - Gaze otA doesn't bounce with Driving Flight anymore. :sad_panda_face

Edited by Boeroer
  • Gasp! 1

18 hours ago, Jrllo said:

I suppose this is likely because in a lot of the more popular setups, Tricksters’ strengths lie elsewhere.

Not to mention you did specifically mention ‘tankiness’ in your first post. No need to be tanky when you’re sneaking and vice versa. 😛

Indeed I did. :3 I just thought there would be more discussion about opening moves (from stealth) consider Trickster is still a rogue. ^_^

@Boeroer

That an AOE DoTs build? O_O

Edited by Griffonheart
  • Haha 1

If you prefer to cast with him you can still wear it. Besides that his dual axes are great if you want to play him as Rogue/Priest I think. Full Attacks with high dmg bonuses, a scaling lash and Bleeding Cuts? Awesome...

Edited by Boeroer