9.0 Bugs

xbox~~single player~~281 days~~mild

•While in inventory food and water is displayed wrong.  

•game lags when exiting inventory, sometimes when entering.

•”Threat detected” is  stuck on screen after threat is gone.  Reloading fixes this.  Happens randomly.

•When in inventory, controller is sometimes unresponsive.  Can sometimes switch between tabs and it will work again, otherwise reload fixed it.  Happens randomly. 

•Wolf spiders are getting stuck in the Oak tree and rocks.    Never seen one of them stuck on anything before.

•Diving bell spider chunk in inventory and chests are displayed as a white square.

•crafting and workbench armor.   “Lower body” and “upper body”  need to be swapped.   

•Noticed a bone icon over my damaged sprig fences.  Fixed them and bone was still there.   Reload fixed this.   

•Noticed the big mushrooms were gone by the mysterious machine.  The smaller ones around it were still there to be picked.   Not sure if removal was intended. 

•probably not a bug but noticed this few weeks ago when the feathers started respawning.  The crow doesn’t come around much anymore or is just very quiet... when I do see him he just sits there now making a few noises then nothing. I liked it when I could hear him across the map so I could find where he was perched.  Then I knew where to search for feathers.   

•Note to self.. disable the throw/huck button.   While admiring the new view across the yard I threw my bow over the edge of one of my zipline towers.. never to be seen again I’m sure 😂 

• Like 3

Yea everything you said from inventory getting stuck to mushrooms despawning but also I can no longer remap my controller keys on xbox one. It won't let me scroll past "Hotpouch" i only ever played single player so i had remapped right and left d pads as i didn't use chats or emotes but can no longer do so 😫 

• Like 2

Xbox One - Mild

All the same. This is Early Access so all this is expected but the lag when existing menus is, for me, the most difficult to deal with. I’m used to immediately moving upon exit and the lag causes the camera to jump dramatically when doing so. I couldn’t adjust my habits to this in the amount of time that it started making me feel ill so I just stopped playing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Geniusturtle029 said:

Yea everything you said from inventory getting stuck to mushrooms despawning but also I can no longer remap my controller keys on xbox one. It won't let me scroll past "Hotpouch" i only ever played single player so i had remapped right and left d pads as i didn't use chats or emotes but can no longer do so 😫 

Same

2 hours ago, Nathan Christopher said:

Xbox One - Mild

All the same. This is Early Access so all this is expected but the lag when existing menus is, for me, the most difficult to deal with. I’m used to immediately moving upon exit and the lag causes the camera to jump dramatically when doing so. I couldn’t adjust my habits to this in the amount of time that it started making me feel ill so I just stopped playing. 

The lag is also the one that bugs me. I’m very impatient 😂   I find myself hitting the button few times thinking it’s my controller.   Seems slower moving while moving around in inventory also.   Def bug expected.  Just wanted to point them out.   I’ll still play. I love the idea.  Few setbacks with bugs here and there, but as you said it is to be expected.   Can’t wait for the full release.  I may or may not want to restart.   

• Like 1

I actually did restart a multiplayer with my kid about a week ago.   I love the game and thought would be a great game for me and my kids to play together.  I can’t get them into it and can’t figure out why.  I mean how could you not want to play it 😂   It reminds me of Bugs Life for Playstation.  Another good game I miss.   

• Like 1

PC/single player, on mild:

Note to self:  Ditto! Loss several axes that way.  Don't know why my finger keeps hitting  that key, but....yeah. It's a thing. :) 

- Also, the floating bone. What... the Acorn is that all about?

- The traps are another glitch.  Just repaired the lure and spike traps, everything in the green, but the flashing red icons

remain unless you save and reload. (PC player here:)

- Food and drink icon in inventory: same here. 

-The diving bell spider parts show up in chest and inventory as "white squares" after the update.

-And, yes, even on PC, there has been a slight slow down in movement. Like I was walking instead of running.   Reloading seemed to help.

- Lastly.....every critter in the backyard seems to be  spawning in way too quickly lately.  I usually have a three to four day respite

where I can do other things in "over populated" and dangerous areas, other than fighting, running and screaming.  Since the update,

I've noticed only a day of peace, before .....they're back.  And instead of one, often two or three  show up. I'm playing on mild

for a reason. Though I like all aspects of the game: survival, building, hunting, exploring and....yes, fighting all the backyard bullies

when necessary, I still enjoy those few days of no Wolf Spider at my door,  fewer mites near the fallen tree,  no mosquitos hunting

me near my zip line.  That's why I build on a lily pad, on a stump, or a rock.....anywhere that's safe and as critter free as possible. 

Don't mind a battle or two, but  I need the down time.  The last three gaming days have me repairing damaged 24/7, outwitting

the Wolf Spider (AGAIN) and Dying (R.I.P) for the second time because those weak, broken spike traps can't stand up to a few mites,

but sure pack a punch if you try to get close enough to fix them. Whew! I haven't worked this hard since I retired. 

-Despite all of this, Grounded is still the best game ever. The update did included several outstanding features. My favorite is the new

battle music for small critters.  Love it. No more heart attacks when the drums start beating.......Whew! just a mite. Ladders. Curved building.

And Obsidian fixed the repair tool!! Yes! Though....that was in the last update. Still............👍 thumbs up. And thank you. For all your hard

work and an amazing game.  And for listening to all of our suggestions, feedback and chit-chat.  :) 

• Like 2

Experiencing most all of what has been reported above  --  One other thing I've noticed is the Acorn Tops are just disappearing about half of the time. They're not going partially under the ground or bouncing into my inventory, they're just gone. And the acorn bits and shells are giving randomly numbered drops, sometimes one, sometimes 2 or 3, sometimes nothing (perhaps planned?)

Single Player / Mild / X-box

• Like 2

I agree with LadyBugWins, there are either too many hostile critters everywhere, or they respawn too quickly. The infected mites and weevils in the haze are the most annoying things in the world.

Also in terms of bugs, I have noticed that the "enemy detected" notification when inventory is open does not go away. I think others have commented on this.

In terms of balance, I like the concept of dehydration affecting stamina, however it is way too imbalanced currently. Hydration level needs to drop slower and have less overall effect on combat performance. 

Edited by SnickerSnack
  • Like 2