Not prepared

About 7 days into new game.  I needed 1 more fang to craft an insect bow.    Almost got one wolf spider and ran out of arrows. Then everyone decided to join the party flinging my arrows everywhere.   Over 40 arrows and I was able to collect 15 of them.  Could not find the rest by the time one of them killed me.   This time going in with 80 arrows and my little sprig bow, also making sure the two are sleeping under the tree.  I have never seen 3 wolf spiders together and I have almost 300 days in on my first game. 

20732037-7B73-4D6E-BBF1-2BB78ADDDD9A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar experience yesterday. 

Returned to my home base close to the oak tree and discovered 1 wolf spider near my base and 2 close towards the oak tree. I have also only seen them one at a time but this one time there were 3!! It took some time to kill them all...

Is this some kind of a bug? I was wondering if it happened because I tried the "Fix creature locations" option...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bless you.....three! All in one place! Now there's  a nightmare I hope to never encounter.  Though I have been attacked by orb weavers five at one time. Not sure how they all appeared at once. Just strolling along, bumped into one spider all by his lonesome, then zap.......one turned into three and then two more joined in the game. Of course, this was along the pond side of the wooden posts. And we all know about "Spider Alley" on the other side, but how they all appeared on the pond side....? I was too deep in spider parts, goo and legs to see clearly anyway. Then just as I was finished with the last leggy critter....BONG....I was unceremoniously flung between a gap in the wooden wall and dumped into the clutches of two more orb weavers on the other side. Oh.....how I despise those web slingers!  Whew! And I survived the encounter! Still can't believe it. Ladybug Armor and a mint hammer. Oh...and a few smoothies.  However, even one Wolf Spider if one too many. Give me my bow and all the arrows I can carry. With a high perch, of course. Eyeball to eyeball....no way!  :) Are we having fun yet? :) 

• Like 1