Hi,

Is it me or the Lifegiver healing radio spells are too small. I find very hard to hit all my party with my healing, especially when I have range in the party. Should I go with full melee party and also be a melee lifegiver in order to heal everyone with my hots?.

Also, how is the Lifegiver gameplay after  hit level 20.. because I though the lifegiver was a spell caster/ range healer but it has a at least two spell which one is "Around you, with a small radio" (tier 3 and 9). I feel I am playing with the paladin.

At the point I would like to know what is the big differences between Paladin wayfire healer and Lifegiver apart from one is more Hot/Dot and the other is more Brust healer. Also, I cannot understand why in this forum the lifegiver is "the best" healer 

Well, druids have some of the best healing spells in the game, namely the Moon's Light, Nature's Balm, Moonwell, Garden of Life and Pollen Patch. Most of them are Heal Over Time  (HoT), and some, like Moon's Light and Nature's Balm, have relatively small areas of effect. As a result, they benefit doubly from increases in intelligence, which both increases the area of the spell, so you can hit more or all party members, and also increases the length of the spell. Lifegivers are great since on top of this they gain bonus power levels for the healing spells.

I almost always have a druid in my party, for healing, CC and damage, and, if it's a custom character, I max out INT. I usually also give the character items that increase the area of effect, such as Aloth's leather armor or the ring of overseeing. There are also foods that do this. Crusted Swordfish is probably the best choice for a caster.

If you multiclass, you can combine two powerful healing classes, such as Lifegiver, Kind Wayfarer, chanter and/or priest, to make a real healbot. I personally like Liberator, as I like melee/caster hybrids. You don't lose out on much on the paladin side by multiclassing, although you do lose out, unfortunately, on some really cool top tier spells on the druid side.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, Lolesleona said:

Is it me or the Lifegiver healing radio spells are too small. I find very hard to hit all my party with my healing, especially when I have range in the party. Should I go with full melee party and also be a melee lifegiver in order to heal everyone with my hots?.

it's the price you pay to get good heals - you have to manage your character's positioning. In RTwP it's just a skill to learn. It might be harder to do it in turn-based where everyone has to wait for their opportunity to move -in such a situation I would try tomake sure my lifegiver goes last in initiative round so everyone has a chance to move close together after an action.

as a ranged caster you have to get used to anticipating when you need to heal and running in and casting it and then running back out- Nature's Balm casts very quickly so it's not bad. But you also have Moon's Light (no self-aoe) and Moonwell (large radius, at range). Nature's Balm pretty much just trades off "no range" so that you get "super good heal + fast cast."

Pollen Patch (tier 9) has a much larger radius, it's not like Nature's Balm. Even without high intellect you'll probably get everyone in your party without much effort. Only in sprawling fights will positioning be more of an issue.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, Lolesleona said:

Also, I cannot understand why in this forum the lifegiver is "the best" healer 

just looking at tier 2 moon's light, you can heal more total health than any other healer in the game for one ability. HoTs scale generously with both might (increase healing per tick) and intellect (total healing altogether). Lifegiver also gets huge +PL, which benefits both per-tick heal and total healing duration. You can layer on different HoTs. Between Moon's Light, Nature's Balm, Moonwell, and lifegiver bonus PL your party is pretty much indestructible the entire duration - with moderate strength and PL scaling you can tick for like 40 health gained every few seconds (and with decent intellect this effective immortality lasts a loooong time). Your main weakness is Arcane Dampener, which suppresses HoTs. But you have so many HoTs that you can just use different-named ones to gain more healing.

All the while, you don't lose much offense because you actually get all those good heals for free, so you aren't pigeon-holed into being a dedicated healer, whereas even an Eothas priest has to pick up a bunch of heals manually (and is still less overall effective at it).

edit - nature's balm in particular is very good because it also gives you +2 armor, which can mean even more healing by virtue of pushing enemies into severe underpenetration. very useful on upscaling veteran/potd where difficulty scaling means armor is an arms race against the enemy that is hard to win until the late game.

22 hours ago, dgray62 said:

and, if it's a custom character, I max out INT

yeah, high intellect can help a lot. I generally have 25 intellect on my current druid (19 from character reaction, +1 from item, plus buff with intellect inspiration) and that gives me enough aoe to hit anyone I need to in a typical fight with Nature's Balm.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1