Grounded Crashing to Desktop on Startup

Hello all,

Got Grounded quite a few months ago and after playing for a bit I became unable to start the game. Now when I launch it, I get the black Loading screen, it spins for a minute, and then closes to desktop. I have tried many of the general support steps (reinstall, verify integrity, run as admin, driver updates) but the issue persists. Has anyone else had experience with this, or any suggestions on further troubleshooting to try?

Thank you!

This is happening for me as well. I'm playing with Game Pass on PC and the attached image is what I see right before the game crashes to the desktop. I don't think it's a save game issue as there aren't any in the save game folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Maine_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\Maine\Saved). However, there are crash dump files located there.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 224313.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:52 PM, Talyrius said:

This is happening for me as well. I'm playing with Game Pass on PC and the attached image is what I see right before the game crashes to the desktop. I don't think it's a save game issue as there aren't any in the save game folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Maine_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\Maine\Saved). However, there are crash dump files located there.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 224313.png

This save conversion issue should be resolved with our most recent patch. If it's still crashing during the conversion, please send in a support ticket and let us know.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, ItsJustAnElder said:

Hello all,

Got Grounded quite a few months ago and after playing for a bit I became unable to start the game. Now when I launch it, I get the black Loading screen, it spins for a minute, and then closes to desktop. I have tried many of the general support steps (reinstall, verify integrity, run as admin, driver updates) but the issue persists. Has anyone else had experience with this, or any suggestions on further troubleshooting to try?

Thank you!

I'm sorry that Grounded hasn't been loading your saves correctly. If you're still having issues after this most recent patch, we recommend sending in a support request so we can try and help you resolve the issue. 

Please include this information as well:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.