So I rolled a new hired adventurer, a Ghostheart/Beguiler Seer. I want to use them as a backline DPS and am wondering about what weapons to use. Stealing Maya's coat and grabbing the reload speed hat in order to use the Red Hand seems like the most obvious path to take, but are there other options I should consider?

The Red Hat is a great weapon and is well worth using for any ranger or ranged cipher. You'll likely max your focus after the second shot. You might also consider purchasing the Essence Interruptor, which is a great hunting bow you can use right from the start of the game. It's a lot of fun since your frequent crits will often trigger experimental souls, transforming enemies into random monsters. You might also consider Frostseeker as well, which you can also get early, right after you arrive on Neketaka. While it's base damage is low, it fires multiple arrows, each of which can trigger a AOE attack when you crit. It's a perfect weapon for a seer, since you'll have sky high ACC and will also get driving flight eventually as well. Other weapons that trigger AOE damage, like the Watershaper's Focus, are also worth considering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Frostseeker is pretty great for a Ranger/Cipher since no other combo can have such high accuracy + Driving Flight. Don't know why you want to use a Beguiler as subclass when you're looking for dps though. In that case an Ascendant is better imo. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm also running a tactician/evoker in the party, so I figured that being able to more easily spam Phantom Foes in group fights is worth the loss in dps. The beguiler is there more as a secondary dps (or thats how I planned it to work out anyways).

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Frostseeker is pretty great for a Ranger/Cipher since no other combo can have such high accuracy + Driving Flight. Don't know why you want to use a Beguiler as subclass when you're looking for dps though. In that case an Ascendant is better imo.