I'm toying with a soul blade/unknown and trying out cleaving/retaliate with whispers of the endless paths. What are people's preferred other 2h weapons for more single target fights?  Amra and Oathbreaker both seem pretty good, even if they also benefit more from aoe situations.

The Willbreaker + Modal is a great weapon for any class that likes to land FORT and WILL targeting spells. Not an insane amount of damage but you don't have to keep the modal forever. Can be nice if paired with Enervating Blows + Hearbeat Drumming etc, Brute Force + Leap... and of course the occasional Shred spell which you get at a discount.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Chromoprismatic Staff is one of the 2H weapons with the best single target dps if you are willing to invest in Metaphysics. Also has a potential AoE component. Comes rel. late though.

The great sword "Effort" is also good. It's raw DoT lash doesn't stack but it's still quite powerful.

Voidwheel: not bad as well.

Citzal's Spirit Lance with Soul Annihilation? :brows:

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, superior987 said:

How significant is the self damage from voidwheel?  I'm generally, if perhaps irrationally, wary of self damage.

Last time I used it with a Devoted/Bleak Walker while doing some dmg tests and the self damage was easily countered by Constant Recovery, the heal on kill Voidwheel provides and Abraham (pet). 

I'm currently playing a Berserker/Soul Blade witch with Whispers of the Endless Paths. I upgraded it to mythic right away (using the Berath's Blessings gem) and it hits like a truck. You can hit multiple foes with barbaric blow, and then finish them off with soul annihilation. It's a really powerful combo IMO.

• Like 2

I would do it the other way round: soften them up with Soul Annihilation and then finish them off with Barbaric Smash. For keeping the Rage. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1