Was wondering how much damage can be done against mob with full hit points, with self buffs only. I mean, not including heartbeat drumming or dots proc from attack, just what is the highest number from a single line of combat log (which means all those lash damages are counted, but of course, no deltro since it's just broken).

Tested Assassin/Bleak Walker with Dragon's Dowry, using Eternal Devotion while sneaking, and Assassin/Helwalker with Voidwheel using crippling strike. They all hit 300ish but I won't assuming that would be the limit. Any suggestions?

11 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I have reached 450+ DMG per hit with Assassin/Cipher and Mythic Kitchen Stove (Thunderous Report) from invisibility on mob that were primed for Deathblows, and without Deltro's Cage Helm Lash. (with Deltro's lash this toon reached 90,000 DMG but that is besides the point :)).

With this build:

Ya I do realize that Thunderous Report hits like a truck. Actually I've read your post before and successfully soloed PotD using your build, it was great.

I'm just curious about numbers you can get from something spammable :3

1 hour ago, cohlin said:

Ya I do realize that Thunderous Report hits like a truck. Actually I've read your post before and successfully soloed PotD using your build, it was great.

I'm just curious about numbers you can get from something spammable

Glad to hear!

OK got it, spammable so that also excludes Soul Annihilation. And per hit so Assassin/Arcane Archer Imbue Skill won't work either :). Neither will Amra + Clear out because it's also technically 2 hits.

In my opinion that leaves those big Assassin/Cipher hits with Dragon Dowry and Devastating Blows or the same with SC Assassin and Gambit, both from stealth you can pass the 300 DMG mark but not super consistently. But I reckon you can open with Gambit from stealth, get an enemy to low health, re-stealth and finish them with Devastating Blow for a combined potential of 600+ DMG. Rinse and repeat.

If you're not doing Solo (I know you mentioned Solo but just for the sake of argument), you could use beforehand the Paladin and/or the Ranger skill that increase enemy damage taken for a duration (Takedown Combo, Inspired Beacon - maybe they stack). Though that is not very practical.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

A death godlike (near death) Assassin/Bleak Walker using Firebrand can deal probably the most weapon damage in a single hit, but it's not exactly spammable (Flames of Devotion, invisibility are limited). The only self sustainable is the bloodmage/assassin (buffed with Zandethus' Draconic Fury) backstabbing with Concelhaut's Parasitic Quarterstaff. 

8 hours ago, Kaylon said:

The only self sustainable is the bloodmage/assassin (buffed with Zandethus' Draconic Fury) backstabbing with Concelhaut's Parasitic Quarterstaff. 

Quarterstaff has a base dmg of 18-24 (avg. 21) at 8 PEN while Concelhaut's Draining Touch has a base dmg of 24-32 (avg. 28) at 7 PEN so I would argue that would be better - if you are willing to use the grimoire-switching trick to keep the Draining Touch after successful hits?

Not really highest dmg per hit but nice spammable weapon dmg output that maybe not many have discovered yet:
You can combine a Helwalker with a Berserker and use Amra + Efficient Anguish to apply both Wanton Gore and Carnage to the initial target (and not only enemy bystanders) - because Froce of Anguish/Efficient Anguish pushes the target into the Carnage area after applying the initial weapon dmg. That means you'll get an extra +33% raw dmg bonus from Carnage and +33% slash dmg bonus from Wanton Gore if you crit (or use Riven Gore for only 25% but the instakill of enemies with less than 50 health left). This cumulates into very good damage per crit imo. Around 150-200 for Efficient Anguish (including Turning Wheel and Lightning Strikes). This cries a bit for Swift FLurry/HBD because of the crits though but Lighting Strikes also works of course. You can top that with Bloody Slaughter against Near Death enemies for the additional +50% crit dmg. Is that whole character concept great for soloing? Not really... Berserker Frenzy is just too risky. But fun with that good spammable dmg! :)  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Quarterstaff has a base dmg of 18-24 (avg. 21) at 8 PEN while Concelhaut's Draining Touch has a base dmg of 24-32 (avg. 28) at 7 PEN so I would argue that would be better - if you are willing to use the grimoire-switching trick to keep the Draining Touch after successful hits?

I know, but I wanted to keep it simple and legit. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Not really highest dmg per hit but nice spammable weapon dmg output that maybe not many have discovered yet:
You can combine a Helwalker with a Berserker and use Amra + Efficient Anguish to apply both Wanton Gore and Carnage to the initial target (and not only enemy bystanders) - because Froce of Anguish/Efficient Anguish pushes the target into the Carnage area after applying the initial weapon dmg. That means you'll get an extra +33% raw dmg bonus from Carnage and +33% slash dmg bonus from Wanton Gore if you crit (or use Riven Gore for only 25% but the instakill of enemies with less than 50 health left). This cumulates into very good damage per crit imo. Around 150-200 for Efficient Anguish (including Turning Wheel and Lightning Strikes). This cries a bit for Swift FLurry/HBD because of the crits though but Lighting Strikes also works of course. You can top that with Bloody Slaughter against Near Death enemies for the additional +50% crit dmg. Is that whole character concept great for soloing? Not really... Berserker Frenzy is just too risky. But fun with that good spammable dmg! :)  

That's a great idea, Boeroer. I never thought of using Amra in this manner, and always thought of it as a way for non-Barbarians to get Barbarian like abilities. Given the acute danger of self-damage when using berserker frenzy for a helwalker, I wonder if it would be best to not pick frenzy for this build, and rely on Amra's tempered fury instead? When you need extra PEN you could activate thunderous blows. But then you'd lose the extra hit to crit conversion, unfortunately.

Edited by dgray62
Additional information

I would pick frenzy for the wound regeneration and early levels. Later on it is great that you never run out of tenacious and speed buffs. I have played nalpazca/berserker and i liked it (insert Katy Perry meme here). Helwalker of course can get to 35 str pretty easily. 

Edited by Dalzar

I just started a nalpazca/berserker; I used to avoid Nalpazca due to the Arcane Dampener bug, which forced you to rest, but fortunately that's been fixed now in the Balance Polishing mod. It's a lot of fun, and I never realized before that if you use Force of Anguish/Efficient Anguish the target is hit with both the main damage as well as the carnage. Thanks for pointing this out, Boeroer. You can get to STR 35 if you start with STR 20 without the pain of Helwalker if you do a no rest run or use the mod that makes those bonii permanent. This is partly because, in my game at least, the +4 strength from the Mohora wraps stacks with the STR inspiration. So that brings you to 29 STR. With gear, gift from the machine and alchemical brawn you can get to 35.

• Like 1