Hi Yosh.

Thorough as usual. Hope you enjoy playing nearly as much as prior planning. Well, might as well criticizes your builds for Deadfire a little as well 😛

..or provide advice.

1. Psyblade: I'd probably try to fit Clear Out somewhere. Its a cool move, even if slightly situational due to targeting Fort.

2. Swashbuckler: I like the theme, but I feel you went a bit overboard with the durability aspect. That much is not needed IMO (particularly with Trickster defensive buffs). I'd ditch that heavy armor and equip something with a Deflection bonus (to boost Riposte chances) or maybe Disengagement Immunity (eventually I'd aim for Gipon Prudensco, before that maybe Nomad's Brigandine or Casita Samelia Legacy). Furthermore, as Ripostes (and Cleaves) are Full attacks, I'd go with a bashing shield. Optimally Tuotilo's Palm, since you seem to have no monks using it (no Accuracy penalty, enchantment for occasional extra riposte effects). Monastic Unarmed Training would be nice to go with it. Also for main hand I'd use a stronger weapon for a Riposte/disengagement focused character. Kapana Taga is nice for tanks, but I'd go with a scimitar or even battleaxe. I'd even consider Magran's Favor with Bleeding Cuts modal (since recovery penalty doesn't hurt as much when your main attacks happen passively). Gipon Prudensco could provide the Flanking Immunity, if you're worried about triggering the Tactitian's special.

3. Templar: I think I wouldn't choose Litany for the Body at PL4. I like both Devotions for the Faithful (even though its weaker now) and Circle of Protection way more. Inspired Beacon can be a great party damage amplifier (although would need to be at the frontline, so maybe doesn't fit here). And something to consider: even though damage clearly isn't the focus here, Empowering a Storm of Holy Fire could provide all Tier 3 Inspirations with Least Unstable Coil belt.

4. Ascetic: If he's intended to mostly stay back/out of trouble, then maybe Lightning Strikes would be a better choice, as Swift Flurry does nothing for ranged attacks. Edit: Hmm, I see you went for Instruments of Pain. They might work with Swift Flurry. So maybe okay (late game). Also not sure about the Blight summon. I have little experience with summons, but I've mostly seen the Primordials recommended as druid summons. The Vine can be decent too. Personally I like Venmbloom as a Raw damage/debuff pulsing spell. And Woodskin/Form of the Delemgan are great defensive buffs (+5 Pierce AR is huge vs focused gunfire!).

5. Insane amount of single target damage sounds like an exaggeration to me, but okay. Personally I'd rather go with Red Hand, since it fires that much more often (and its not an Assassin who needs to deal maximum damage per shot to take advantage of stealth attacks). Since you spend feats on improving the Companion, I'd not go for a Ghost Heart - who needs to invest resources into summoning one... I'd go with Sharpshooter instead. Guess you have RP reasons to go with a Goldpact and not something like a Bleak Walker?

Edited by Haplok
  • Thanks 1

1) I just feel like Mule Kick is a better way to spend resources?

2) Interesting, I'm not sure I agree though because I just finished SSS and in some of the fights Serafen needed every inch of durability I've given him.  Maybe because I'm a lazy player, to be fair.  I see what you're going for, anyway, but I prefer to have him go all out on defense and leave the offense to my other characters.

3) Yeah I've not used that spell a lot to be fair.  I could probably optimise some of these spell selections a lot more.

4) Ah well originally he was using that lightning voulge whatever it's called, but yeah now that im using arquebus early on, Swift Flurry isn't too good until later.  Bleh I can't be bothered respeccing to optimise it though. I've ditched casting the Blight summon but more because his recovery time makes it inefficient, otherwise i found it quite useful.  Anyway again there's probably some spell optimization I could do here if I was bothered.

5) Well, Red Hand is only piercing damage, and one of the cool things about this build is that it does a bonkers amount of fire damage.  So even against pierce immunes it's still effective.  Again, lazy player.  But I've not tested it against Red Hand so I can't comment too much.  The idea behind Goldpact is to give her more AR, because she needs to have enough fire AR for Dragon's Dowry backfires to underpenetrate.  As for Ghost Heart, it's a personal preference, I can't stand the pet constantly dying in stupid situations and she can afford to spend class resource on summoning so it's fine.

On 4/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, limaxophobiacq said:

Could note that the templar build is not possible without modding as the dispositions of Wael and Goldpact conflict.

I wish the unmodded game would just let us take the penalties instead of blocking conflicting priest/paladin combinations completely.

Oh haha.  I didn't notice that since I used Unity Console to add them to Rekke.  Good to know