I'm running a kind wayfarer/helwalker votary and can't decide between sungrazer, sun and moon, or drogga's skull to pair with magran's favor.  I can see some discussion of the first two from old threads, but there are vague mentions of nerfs and it's not clear how badly they were scaled back.  Do the AOE procs happen enough to balance out +2 fire power?

Personally I'm not a big fan of the day/night thing with Sun and Moon and would choose Sungrazer.

How often the Aoe procs happen totally depends what skills you are using, if you use big Aoe skills that hit many enemies a 5% proc chance isn't super low, if you use single target then 5% is obviously VERY low.

Sungrazer's more powerful AoE triggers on crit-kill which can happen more often with Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming. Same with the weaker 5% skill.

But Sun & Moon massively increases the chance to get some crit chains because of how the dual flail head attacks are coded. 

It becomes really obvious once you get Heartbeat Drumming, too.

If you are using Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming I would def. recommend Sun & Moon (besides the +2 fire PL at daytime which is also nice ofc). It has a lot more impact then than Sungrazer imo. 

Although I'm a secret fan of St. Drogga's Skull I wouldn't pair it with Magran's Favor - because two slash-only weapons. If you have a second weapon setup with another dmg type it's okay though. For example one with Magran's Favor + St. Drogga's Skull and the other with Sun & Moon + Sungrazer, eh? :brows:

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hah, right. But one more reason to have good alternative weapon sets, right? :)

Dmg variety is much more important in Deadfire than it is in PoE. Underpenetration is a severe disadvantage that has to be avoided. So best not to roleplay a Devoted with something else than a Devoted. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods