Here a little demonstration of Shared Nightmare AoE, keep in mind vs weak enemies as shown in the vid, the Aoe won't get to max, sadly I have not found a big enough group of enemies stronger than this one so far.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

11 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

This is a total Proc-fest. 

EDIT: haha "weak enemies". Where's your bar at for normal enemies? Dorudugan? :) 

Ye it seems like the 5% chance applies to every single hit, the more the merrier.

(It also generates a ton of focus 200-300 on a non proc and 500-600 on a proc)

Maybe I was having a little fun with the weak enemies statement. 😛

• Like 1

I'm just gonna start taking for granted that every time something broken is posted these days, the Strand of Favor is involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

1 hour ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

I'm just gonna start taking for granted that every time something broken is posted these days, the Strand of Favor is involved.

Tbf a bloodmage/soulblade can replicate the "infinite" focus and all other crazy extended buffs without using SOF at all.

They just don't get Shared Nightmare so the AOE would not be possible as multiclass.

If you're willing to use a party you CAN replicate this to an extend, but it would be very artificial if you wanted to get it to the same size AoE.

Basically having a priest cast SoT on a SC Soulblade who kills little spiders in Belranga fight in melee (rod in 2nd weapon set) and ignoring Belranga....

But that would be really artificial and take quite a long time, aaaaaaaaand if you're not willing to use Strand after the fight you will lose all your juicy focus.

1 hour ago, ArnoldRimmer said:

weak enemies... FC counts as one of my hardest fights in the game!

I was doing my best impersonation of https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Grog

When I wrote that. :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

You should really try Current's Rush now and see how that goes. :)

It doesn't seem impressive.

Weapon has no initial aoe and the proc doesn't even seem to do dmg?

As I wrote in another thread (where I told the stuff about Shared Nightmares/Soul Blade) the proc of Current's Rush (which does crush dmg) is an AoE which can proc itself(!) as Ondra's Wrath used to.

If you have enough enemies in the AoE it can lead to a chain reaction that means instadeath (of enemies I mean). Since it only happens on crit this might mean it's not working so well on high defense enemies - but as I also wrote I had fabulous results with it on a SC ranger (bc. of Driving Flight + Twinned Shot maximizing proc chance) - with the normal AoE.

So I reckoned it could be as good with a non-ranger but a huuuge AoE. It may take some time to proc on a single enemy, but when it does and there's enough enemies around it has the potential to go *boom-boom-boom* all the way. 

It was a killer on that SC Ranger (also with Whirling Strikes in combo with club+modal).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes I just tested it .. indeed very powerful (at least against the console dummies). The base damage of the aoe is also quite nice, so even without the chain-reaction it could be something to consider. I recently tested some of the aoe weapons and found that magrans favor's aoe effect is also not bad, doing far more damage than other aoe-melee-effects, such as eager blade's, karaboru's and engoliero's (although engoliero also procs on kills with the aoe effect itself.. which sometimes might be nice.)

Engoliero procs on all kills (spells, DoTs etc. included) which makes it a neat caster tool. :)

Yes, the AoE of Current's Rush is quite strong. I also first discovered the chain reaction thing on the dummies from the console. :) But of course those have abysmal defenses so it may not be as impressive against high-defense enemies. On the other hand: with all the cheesy buffs one can stack (and I didn't) it may still work on those, too. 

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

As I wrote in another thread (where I told the stuff about Shared Nightmares/Soul Blade) the proc of Current's Rush (which does crush dmg) is an AoE which can proc itself(!) as Ondra's Wrath used to.

If you have enough enemies in the AoE it can lead to a chain reaction that means instadeath (of enemies I mean). Since it only happens on crit this might mean it's not working so well on high defense enemies - but as I also wrote I had fabulous results with it on a SC ranger (bc. of Driving Flight + Twinned Shot maximizing proc chance) - with the normal AoE.

So I reckoned it could be as good with a non-ranger but a huuuge AoE. It may take some time to proc on a single enemy, but when it does and there's enough enemies around it has the potential to go *boom-boom-boom* all the way. 

It was a killer on that SC Ranger (also with Whirling Strikes in combo with club+modal).

Ye ranger is different because you proc the wave way more often.

I procced it about 4x (one self proc) in a FS fight (pretty high defenses) but the wave itself did no noticeable damage.

19 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Engoliero procs on all kills (spells, DoTs etc. included) which makes it a neat caster tool. :)

Yes, however (at least in my testing) the on-all-kill-effect only occurs when taking the "blade feast"-upgrade.. so I fear this is an oversight by the devs and I'm a bit reluctant to use it .. I think it still fits thematically and won't make for a completely broken weapon (and it's supposed to be a mighty weapon in the first place) .. but still 😕 

• Like 1

Yes, I guess it's unintentional. But it's also lots of fun and not too powerful imo. Not like Grave Calling for example where the Chillfog procs the irresistible paralyze. :)  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, I guess it's unintentional. But it's also lots of fun and not too powerful imo. Not like Grave Calling for example where the Chillfog procs the irresistible paralyze. :)  

The Chillfog proc just blinds enemies and is resisted normally, however because it retains the properties of the weapon it will also freeze on crits (which can also be resisted and is downgraded to paralyze) - there's nothing strange about it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

The Chillfog proc just blinds enemies and is resisted normally, however because it retains the properties of the weapon it will also freeze on crits (which can also be resisted and is downgraded to paralyze) - there's nothing strange about it.

You keep referring to "freeze" which really confuses me, there is no affliction/condition called freeze in poe, the only thing Grave Calling has is a freezing lash, which does freeze damage.

The upgrade straight up states it's a paralyze:

Grave Bound When Frosted Edge has 10 stacks, Paralyze target for 3.0 sec on Crit

22 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

You keep referring to "freeze" which really confuses me, there is no affliction/condition called freeze in poe, the only thing Grave Calling has is a freezing lash, which does freeze damage.

The upgrade straight up states it's a paralyze:

Grave Bound When Frosted Edge has 10 stacks, Paralyze target for 3.0 sec on Crit

If you look at the logs or how the effect of Grave Bound appears when it hits it says "freeze". Freeze is a tier 4 dex affliction (like petrify) and exists as a proc on Frostfall too (Encroaching Frost). Like I explained in the other thread the Grave Bound's description you quoted is misleading because the real effect is Freeze and not Paralyze.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

28 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

If you look at the logs or how the effect of Grave Bound appears when it hits it says "freeze". Freeze is a tier 4 dex affliction (like petrify) and exists as a proc on Frostfall too (Encroaching Frost). Like I explained in the other thread the Grave Bound's description you quoted is misleading because the real effect is Freeze and not Paralyze.

Interesting, guess as i said in other thread I'll test it with dex immunity then, unless you already did that too. 😄

edit: just tested it and you are 100% correct, Dex immunity prevents "frozen.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Well, it can be damn strong... on as Spellblade for example. With Deltro's Cage lash it can reach like 80+ crit damage per target... and if there are weak/weakened enemies, chain procs of multiple Blade Feasts are possible. Not to mention that it works as instant full heal then - handy for a Bloodmage. 

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaylon said:

I didn't say that it's strange. I said it is more powerful than Engoliero do Espirs' Blade Feast.

The paralyzation is irresistible (meaning resistances won't make a noticable difference because resistant enemies still become paralyzed). 

No megaboss has immunity to dex or body afflictions iirc. What are the meanest foes with such an immunity (I can't really remember)?

2 hours ago, Haplok said:

Well, it can be damn strong... on as Spellblade for example. With Deltro's Cage lash it can reach like 80+ crit damage per target... and if there are weak/weakened enemies, chain procs of multiple Blade Feasts are possible. Not to mention that it works as instant full heal then - handy for a Bloodmage. 

Yes, but it's a bit of a "win more" thing. It's fun of course but in fights where you have trouble killing stuff in the first place it doesn't really turn the tides. But still: one of the best caster items imo. Especially with a Warlock (Berserker/Bloodmage). Because Blood Thirst + Blade Feast you know. I like "win more"... :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I didn't say that it's strange. I said it is more powerful than Engoliero do Espirs' Blade Feast.

The paralyzation is irresistible (meaning resistances won't make a noticable difference because resistant enemies still become paralyzed). 

No megaboss has immunity to dex or body afflictions iirc. What are the meanest foes with such an immunity (I can't really remember)?

The way you put it sounds like an automatic hit once you proc Chillfog. The megabosses don't need to be immune to it because you have to crit against their fortitude first, for a hardly spectacular effect...

That may be the way you interpreted it, but not the way I put it. I neither said nor suggested that.

I said that - to me - Grave Calling is more powerful than Engoliero do Espirs because the Chillfog (from Chilling Grave) also does proc the irresistible paralyze from Grave Bound (not only the actual weapons attacks). You might think differently - but you are adressing points I didn't make. 

Megabosses could also be paralyzed with the weapon crits vs. deflection if fortitude is too high. You'd need some vessels to proc Chillfog anayway. If you had the means of producing vessels (like via Many Lives Pass By for example) you would create so many Chillfogs that a few might crit eventually - at least with some crit conversion and some ACC buffs and fort debuffs. That should be possible - but it's not what I was going for.

That wasn't why I mentioned the megabosses and their resistences. Instead I merely wanted to know which tough enemies come with a  dex or body affliction immunity and remembered that not even megabosses have those. So I was genuinely wondering in which fights Grave Calling/Grave Bound might fail to work because I can't name a dex- or body affliction immune enemy from the top of my head.   

I don't know with other classes , but in my experience with psion troubadour not having weapon abilities, paralyzing Dorudugan with the chillfog on the ultimate is very hard and probably not really worth even reserving a weapon slot for a morning star modal to lower dorudugan fortitude (and you already need a weapon slot for the arqueblunderbuss used to spawn the fire blight), paralyze is too short anyway, all in all it is faster to flank with summons and hit with monastic unarmed fists. The chill fog helps mostly with a little elemental damage

Edited by abot

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

If you had the means of producing vessels (like via Many Lives Pass By for example) you would create so many Chillfogs that a few might crit eventually - at least with some crit conversion and some ACC buffs and fort debuffs. That should be possible - but it's not what I was going for.

By the way, did you know that you can probably use your import character/ item stacking trick to recharge Call The Restless on two Charms of Bones? That would give potentially a new non-Chanter way to summon vessels for Grave Calling cheese.

I haven't tried recharging with 2 Charms of Bones but I just tested Grave Calling and indeed the summons from Call the Restless generate a Chill Fog upon being killed by Grave Calling. Getting some zeal back on Paladin should also work.

However... 1) you are limited to 10 charges per fight and 2) the summons are potentially very tanky, like Steelspine Warriors or Fampyrs (!!). Which by the way I didn't know Call the Restless could summon! Pretty cool.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1