Support for 64 bit (Mac OS Big Sur + Catalina)?

mgbvox

Question

I just purchased PoE II: Obsidian Edition on Steam, only to find that it's 32-bit and (according to them) incompatible with my machine, an iMac running Big Sur. Is anything being done to expand support for 64-bit OSes? Otherwise that's something like $60 down the drain. Would love to experience this game - please help!

I'm exploring the options on this Reddit thread but they're all quite hacky. Official support would be preferred.

2 answers to this question

I doubt its a 32bit issue because people managed it to run. It seems to be more permission related. Try the solution from the thread or try to refund the game.

I doubt you will receive support from Obsidian, there will be no further patches etc imho.

Can confirm, it’s permissions related. After manually allowing Input Capture and Full Disk Access in System Preferences, I hit start and let it sit for a couple hours - it eventually ran!

For the commandline/terminal-savvy amongst us, I’m sure there’s a chmod command that could be run at the root directory wherever PoE II installs... PoE II started up before I explored that route, but would love input in that direction.

Note on graphics: frame rate is quite laggy on the default settings. Running mine on low seemed to fix.