A Fifth of Coronavirus

Amentep

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

For some reason drug's manufacture speaks against the drug

Earlier this year ivermectin manufacturer Merck said there was “no scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against Covid-19” and “no meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with Covid-19.”

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finnish_firm_earns_us_patent_for_covid_drug_containing_ivermectin_and_hydroxychloroquine/11946611

Although Finnish drug manufacturer Therapeutica Borealis says that in combination with other drugs and targeted correctly it will prevent infections. Although they have not yet proven that in clinical trials.

The drug doesn't have a patent (big clue), anyone can manufacture it, so one manufacturer speaking for or against it doesn't really tell us a lot.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

23 minutes ago, Sarex said:

The drug doesn't have a patent (big clue), anyone can manufacture it, so one manufacturer speaking for or against it doesn't really tell us a lot.

Merck is manufacturer of Stromectol which is one of fewq ivermectin product that is approved for humans in USA and EU and they don't have any other products that compete against it when it comes to covid.

Their statement sound more like that they fear law suits because of adverse effects without proven positive effects.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://ussanews.com/News1/2021/07/23/video-alabama-governor-declares-its-time-to-blame-the-unvaccinated-for-covid/

The governor of Alabama is 100 % right, well done GOP governor. The unvaccinated is too blame primarily for Corona deaths and now its confirmed for the spread of the virus

The message is late but better late than never 

@Gromnir I am sure you will join me in supporting this message from the Alabama governor :thumbsup:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

https://ussanews.com/News1/2021/07/23/video-alabama-governor-declares-its-time-to-blame-the-unvaccinated-for-covid/

The governor of Alabama is 100 % right, well done GOP governor. The unvaccinated is too blame primarily for Corona deaths and now its confirmed for the spread of the virus

@Gromnir I am sure you will join me in supporting this message from the Alabama governor :thumbsup:

I thought China was to blame for the Wuhan virus, now it's people who don't get vaccinated?

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

46 minutes ago, majestic said:

I thought China was to blame for the Wuhan virus, now it's people who don't get vaccinated?

I'm pretty sure that they did some calculations and found that if their voters kept dying they'd lose a few elections, so they flipped overnight. That or business groups leaning on them to get people back to work. In either case I don't think it's going to work because opposition to vaccines has become so entrenched and widespread thanks to certain media spheres. I think there's a certain comedy to people who thought covid wasn't real dying because they refused a free vaccine out of fear it would microchip them so Bill Gates could assume direct control.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Im sure you joking but just in case you being serious. The virus did indeed originate from China, either the animal markets or escaped from a lab. But when you dont get vaccinated you spread mutations and the virus more easily than non-vaccinated people  and your symptoms are more severe if you get the virus 

But this has nothing to do with the origin of the virus , this is now about the nature of the virus. These are two distinct things but inextricably connected

But yes, empathically China is still responsible for the origin of the  virus. This has not and will never really change  :shrugz:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I'm pretty sure that they did some calculations and found that if their voters kept dying they'd lose a few elections, so they flipped overnight. That or business groups leaning on them to get people back to work. In either case I don't think it's going to work because opposition to vaccines has become so entrenched and widespread thanks to certain media spheres. I think there's a certain comedy to people who thought covid wasn't real dying because they refused a free vaccine out of fear it would microchip them so Bill Gates could assume direct control.

more specific, am thinking a few on the right realized they need to be seen advocating for the vaccine. people dying, +99% of whom is unvaccinated, is an inconvenient fact which will hurt the gop in 2022 and 2024. however, a serious change in tone or a real effort to get people vaccinated is unnecessary if a simple video clip may be offered to refute the predictable death cult accusations which will be coming from democrat challengers. the gop don't wanna fully alienate the base which is invested in their belief that vaccines is either dangerous (more dangerous than the virus) or that taking the vaccine means you are embracing the liberal agenda-- today they force the vaccine on you, but tomorrow they will be taking your guns or your bible. the sudden support from the gop for vaccines need not be meaningful, but it does need be recorded for posterity.

recall what happened post january 6 when trump were accused o' directing a crowd to go to the Capitol and fight like hell to make it known american patriots wouldn't accept the rigged election results? at cnn and msnbc the clips where trump and mo brooks and rudy inflamed crowd were on full display. at fox, clips o' trump asking the protesters to be peaceful were played on a veritable loop. you not need much fuel for the gaslight effort to work for those who wanna be gaslit.

am suspecting the gop wants plausible deniability. +600k dead bodies wasn't enough to convince the base that trump f'd the response to covid-19. more dead bodies won't be meaningful save for fact it is gonna be easy to show a direct link 'tween the new dead bodies and the unvaccinated. gop and fox news needs to be seen refuting vaccine hesitancy so they may respond to the inevitable current and future accusations o' irresponsibility, but don't expect gop politicians or media types to go far in advocating a sea change for the vaccine. nobody on the right is gonna risk alienating the base 'cause that puts viewership and votes in jeopardy. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

nothing new, but the the thousands o' comments is illustrative and disheartening.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we did find dark humor in dr. fauci needing to explain that the chief incentive o' being vaccinated were not freedom from mask wearing but the fact the vaccinated person faces a far more reduced chance o' death from covid-19 than the unvaccinated. 

Just an interesting little bit about why we don’t just mass produce vaccines here and now (and no, not actually blaming things like IP and patents)

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57024322

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 7/24/2021 at 8:48 AM, Gorth said:

Just an interesting little bit about why we don’t just mass produce vaccines here and now (and no, not actually blaming things like IP and patents)

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57024322

Gorthfuscious dont be fooled by the hyperbole that many people have been raising. I understand and  support why the WHO is saying and I absolutely believe they mean well because its a UN institution  like many others like the World Food Program which always  help poorer countries with various social and disasters like famines. 

The  failure of the reality to stop the virus spreading is almost 100 % because of the reality that citizens have simply ignored or rejected basic virus steps like mask wearing and social distancing, then you have the additional problem of some people thinking the virus was a  "Western " plot, this must unfortunately be considered to the response of accepting the truth. Now its not right that people in any  country should be exposed to the nature of the virus when  its spread through the ignorance of leadership that thinks playing  the "lets blame Capitalism " card is going to help when the virus spreads.....exponentially and you experience the terrible outcome of people dying. They are still older people but this means it effects peoples parents from my age  group or grandparents who always matter...

In Africa its best to legislate these things because we cant afford to be like the US which is stuck with maybe 50 % of people taking both jabs. The outcomes of waves are now always damaging and always the same outcome....we now going down from our third wave after  3 weeks or so

It cant be optional in Africa because we simply do not have the resources to keep shutting down trade and then we have to deal additionally  the  economic recovery. In a first country like Oz and USA its much quicker because the economy is already opening so of course you feel it but its manageable 

.So any government needs to accept this  and be very honest about how  this virus is real and then they can address the  spread by using normal preventative steps until the vaccines arrive .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56437852

So the reality in Africa is the WHO and most leadership kept repeating this misplaced view that the spread is due to " vaccine apartheid and vaccine nationalism " which is not the main reason.

The much better strategy would have been for the WHO to publicly state that following  personal actions stops the spread and vastly reduces  the carnage we seeing. But the article is correct  their is no logical reason to think getting the IP will someone change the real vaccine shortage because you also need production facilities and only SA has this investment in Africa and something that was done through a private sector company that sells other medicines globally. So we dont need to build a factory or find the skills, we just need the authorization to start....so its  a good news story 

John Milton 

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious dont be fooled by the hyperbole that many people have been raising. I understand and  support why the WHO is saying and I absolutely believe they mean well because its a UN institution  like many others like the World Food Program which always  help poorer countries with various social and disasters like famines.

I don't think WHO was the point of the article I linked to 🤔

More an analysis of why there is no point in just throwing up manufacturing plants everywhere, as the existing ones are already competing for limited raw materials (some of which are used by all the current vaccines in production) and skilled labour to operate such plants. Putting up more buildings wont solve those particular bottlenecks.

Edit: Not that I don't agree with your point.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial drop in intelligence

The observed deficit for COVID-19 patients who had been put on a ventilator equated to a 7-point drop in IQ. The deficit was even larger than the deficits observed for individuals who had previously suffered a stroke and who reported learning disabilities.

If confirmed, I have to think this may be the most disturbing find thus far.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

That depends if it's permanent. Something like a concussion can drop apparent/ tested IQ as well, but it will usually return to previous levels after some healing time.

Same thing with a lot of the 'long covid' type symptoms/ side effects such as myocarditis; they can do long term or permanent damage, but generally they will return to baseline after some time. Having said that, you don't need many people to have permanent organ damage before it gets to be a big problem, and not just for those effected.

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

I don't think WHO was the point of the article I linked to 🤔

More an analysis of why there is no point in just throwing up manufacturing plants everywhere, as the existing ones are already competing for limited raw materials (some of which are used by all the current vaccines in production) and skilled labour to operate such plants. Putting up more buildings wont solve those particular bottlenecks.

You didnt but the WHO is suggesting that its the lack of available vaccinations  that is because of vaccine hoarding by wealthy countries

That is not  the issue but you need countries to commit to this type of manufacturing 

John Milton 

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

You didnt but the WHO is suggesting that its the lack of available vaccinations  that is because of vaccine hoarding by wealthy countries

That is not  the issue but you need countries to commit to this type of manufacturing 

Vaccine manufacturing uses global supply lines where over 60 countries participate to make those vaccines, but it is countries that do final steps in process that decide who gets the vaccines 

But vaccine hoarding accusations aren't because of that, but because of countries preventing of sell vaccines that they have not themselves approved because they want to keep them as insurance policy

14 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

That depends if it's permanent. Something like a concussion can drop apparent/ tested IQ as well, but it will usually return to previous levels after some healing time.

Same thing with a lot of the 'long covid' type symptoms/ side effects such as myocarditis; they can do long term or permanent damage, but generally they will return to baseline after some time. Having said that, you don't need many people to have permanent organ damage before it gets to be a big problem, and not just for those effected.

For most of the body I would expect some degree of recovery. Loss of brain function though seems much more problematic. It might prove similar to a stroke, where it takes years of work to retrain the brain.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

On 7/22/2021 at 7:14 PM, Gromnir said:

A rare case of an intelligent American. Good. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, BruceVC said:

So when are you expecting to roundup the unvaccinated and whack them off? What would be the preferred way? Shot in the back of the head or gas showers? 

166215__front.jpg

5 hours ago, rjshae said:

For most of the body I would expect some degree of recovery. Loss of brain function though seems much more problematic. It might prove similar to a stroke, where it takes years of work to retrain the brain.

If it's actual brain damage that's true, and covid definitely causes blood clots (and hence strokes) in some cases. It's the degree of permanent damage that is the question. Something that effects concentration like persistent headaches, insomnia or even stress caused by other long covid symptoms all can cause lower IQ results without having brain damage as the root cause. In the end, the only thing that an IQ test really measures is the ability to take an IQ test, after all.

They didn't do any research on the underlying reasons for the drop beyond it being covid related. If they want to 'prove' that it's permanent they'd need to show neurological damage, or effects on IQ in the longer term rather than ~6 months.

Edited by Zoraptor

Study indicates Chinese made vaccine stops working after six months.

Well… all I can say is if you’ve ever bought anything from Harbor Freight this will not surprise you! :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

CDC says masks again vaccinated or no. Well… I am NOT going to do it. But then again I’m NOT going out in public either so it’s ok.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

11 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Just wait until the Echo variant rears its ugly head!

Greek Alphabet not NATO.  We're already up to Lambda, 11th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variants_of_SARS-CoV-2

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

22 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

CDC says masks again vaccinated or no. Well… I am NOT going to do it. But then again I’m NOT going out in public either so it’s ok.

just out of curiosity, what is it about wearing a mask which offends you? from our pov is a minor inconvenience, but am knowing some persons have.... philosophical reservations. 

am not gonna reply, so feel free to respond sans judgement, but am genuine interested to hear what evokes such a reaction ("Well… I am NOT going to do it.") to cdc guidance in light o' the transmissibility o' the delta variant and the current (as well as projected) increases in hospitalizations and deaths. spreads asymptomatic, so...

obviously is no need to explain self, but am admitted curious.

HA! Good Fun!