A Fifth of Coronavirus

Amentep

On 6/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, Gorth said:

I'm not Zor, but I do remember reading that the virus can survive up to 72 hours on hard surfaces. Which means, if an infected person touched e.g. a door handle, the virus can be transferred to the hand of the next person who touches it. Hence, wash hands and don't touch your face to help prevent it from getting entry into your body.

I mean, it's sorta weird that people need to be given reasons to wash their hands, but hey...

Rona isn't one, though. Evidence of fomite transmission is weak at best. This doesn't mean it's impossible, but estimated to be unlikely in the order of 1 in 10,000. You can get some really nasty antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections from **** on surfaces though, so wash your hands despite the small risk of rona infection.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

Edited by 213374U
link
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

11 hours ago, 213374U said:

I mean, it's sorta weird that people need to be given reasons to wash their hands, but hey...

Nah, its not weird at all. I am talking about the constant times I am expected to wash my hands if I go to a mall

I can understand the normal washing but it becomes repetitive and pointless. And also dont forget we not all like you Spanish people who use powders and fragrances every 5 minutes,  remember I have to work during the day :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

This is an incredible breakthrough in the fight against viruses and most importantly Corona

What a great link, nice one :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not sure I'd be happy to have a CRISPR enzyme floating around in my blood stream. They're going to have to test the cr*p out of that first.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

My age group 35-49 is allowed to register for vaccines so I have done that, hopefully I get my date for the actual vaccine soon :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

The region I live in opened up vaccines to everyone above 18 at the same time, meaning everyone between 18 and 40 is trying to get a time for vaccination. Everythings booked up for two weeks.

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

The region I live in opened up vaccines to everyone above 18 at the same time, meaning everyone between 18 and 40 is trying to get a time for vaccination. Everythings booked up for two weeks.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see when I get my actual appointment because of how under resourced we are with vaccines generally and now with this unprecedent looting and burning of shops the supply chain has been severely impacted around the vaccines we have  got 

• Sad 1

John Milton 

7 hours ago, BruceVC said:

My age group 35-49 is allowed to register for vaccines so I have done that, hopefully I get my date for the actual vaccine soon :thumbsup:

Isn't taking a date to your vaccination a bit unusual...?

:p

• Haha 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

5 hours ago, Amentep said:

Isn't taking a date to your vaccination a bit unusual...?

:p

I think so, based on the last time I tried injecting mine...

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We have a rule in place when using services, especially when they necessitate close contact, that you need to have a current PCR test, a certified vaccination or a certificate that you were infected in the past six months and recovered, i.e. when going to the barber shop for instance, or the nail salon...

I'm pretty sure Bruce will need that vaccination for his dates with the hookers and strippers, so that kinda makes sense... :yes:

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

might be more efficient to "wall off" florida. am able to see multiple tangible benefits from doing so, and am suspecting it would actual be easier to cordon off florida as 'posed to the entire southern border as were the plan o' the previous admin. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

35 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

might be more efficient to "wall off" florida. am able to see multiple tangible benefits from doing so, and am suspecting it would actual be easier to cordon off florida as 'posed to the entire southern border as were the plan o' the previous admin. 

HA! Good Fun!

Better to nuke it.  Only way to be sure.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

43 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Maybe we should wall off Manhattan and send all the unvaxxed there.

That'll be fine until the Air Force One crash lands there during a hijacking.

"Ayy! Number Onnee! You're the Duke! You're the Duke!"

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

4 minutes ago, Amentep said:

That'll be fine until the Air Force One crash lands there during a hijacking.

"Ayy! Number Onnee! You're the Duke! You're the Duke!"

sounds like an added bonus, depending on the President at the time. not sure who takes the snake plissken role. is simple no possible replacement for maggie, cabbie or brian hellman.

am embarrassed to admit that when @Malcador made the nuke suggestion, for a deranged moment we wondered what time o' year would be most advantageous for florida's prevailing winds to avoid unnecessary fallout for the rest o' the continental united states.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

That is how you get X-Florida Man.

We've already got Florida zombies.

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2016/08/florida_zombie_attack_austin_harrouff_flakka.html

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

And we have been vaccinating for over a 1,000 years. It isn't exactly a new science.

~226 years. It is an evolving science though, so each step forward requires testing and validation.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."