Anime - coasting on emotion rollers

6 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

The way of the househusband. The animation is ****, while it's not a cgi abomination it's very static and feels closer to a series of stills than properly animated. But it is, and I do not say this lightly, absolutely hilarious. The premise is a former yakuza is now a househusband and it follows his adventures like trying to clean the house or feuding with a crepe vendor. Each episode is less than 20 minutes and composed of several vignettes, so it doesn't take long to watch.

And that would be the most normal thing to happen.

I take that as a recommendation then? Because Netflix shilled that anime to me something fierce. It even tells me there's a 97% chance that I'll like this. :p

Oh, by the way, Sailor Moon Eternal trailer:

Give me the eyes, so I see
Give me ears, so I hear
Give me love, so I know what love is
Give me freedom to think, to believe
In something
                        -- Tony Kakko

firefox_yPUPSf8JJJ.png

why does the logo look like this

ok I get that it's a minor gripe for a crappy trailer, but really, why does it look like this, it looks like it was made for some absolute abyss-tier edutainement like...pinkalicious or pj masks or daniel tiger's neighborhood - what is this crap? it's like it was whipped up in powerpoint in 10 minutes

the state of animation leaves a lot to be desired right now

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 1

Put fascists and sociopaths on your ignore list.

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

38 minutes ago, majestic said:

I take that as a recommendation then?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

"I am the expert, asshat." - Hurlsnot

"You need to be careful, lest I write another ten page essay on mythology and how it relates to Sailor Moon." - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

firefox_yPUPSf8JJJ.png

why does the logo look like this

ok I get that it's a minor gripe for a crappy trailer, but really, why does it look like this, it looks like it was made for some absolute abyss-tier edutainement like...pinkalicious or pj masks or daniel tiger's neighborhood - what is this crap? it's like it was whipped up in powerpoint in 10 minutes

the state of animation leaves a lot to be desired right now

There's something about this trailer, I don't know. The AMV stills made this look better than it actually does. Rei and the Amazoness Quartet are the worst offenders. The show never looked good of course, but I was honestly surprised how uneven and bad the movie trailer makes the animation look compared to the scenes I've seen before. Stop the trailer at 0:12 for a nice shot of Palla Palla where she looks like... I have no idea what. They bug aliens are back.

Hotaru and Setsuna are the only ones that look okay-ish, I mean, as far as these uncanny valley abominations go. Haruka and Michiru still look like Reapers in disguise.

Then there is the scene where Minako's civilian form looks like she had a boob job from Wiseman while Black Lady was busy with Mamo-chan (00:34), and the overall conclusion, if THIS is the trailer they could make from the movie(s), just... just... how bad is this really going to be*? These days trailers are almost universally better than the movies they're shown for, and this trailer is about as uninteresting as they come.

Also not sure how I feel about them remaking attack sequences used in the old anime. But that happened in season three already because everyone watching complained about how bad the show looks.

*It was always kind of clear that it's not going to be fun, but from the AMV it looked like they were taking a few more liberties with the source material to make a better adaptation. Well, who knows, maybe I'll be in for a surprise in June and this will be awesome. I'm sure that will be the case. Yes. Indeed. Must... have faith in horse romances.

Give me the eyes, so I see
Give me ears, so I hear
Give me love, so I know what love is
Give me freedom to think, to believe
In something
                        -- Tony Kakko