What you've done today - The Edge of Night

Amentep

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Spent an hour arguing on the Internet.

Feels good to have put those days long behind me... Well, most of the time anyways, :p.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Feels good to have put those days long behind me... Well, most of the time anyways, :p.

I try to do an hour a day, keeps me in form.  Hate is all that feeds the guttering spark of my soul.

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was bored. Went to Best Buy. Picked up a few small thingies.

But on the way out I noticed the Samsung Fold phone/tablet. I thought it a was a small tablet - when I realized it folded I went "THIS IS SO SILLY YET SO COOL I WANT."  Then I saw the price tag ($1800).  Never mind.

But man is that a cool tech phone/tablet in one, toy.  If it was half the price I'd buy it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Packing up to hit the road. Sunny and I are going to Little Rock for some business then to Milwood State Park for fishing & Camping. During the week reservations are easy. Try that on a weekend and you’ll be SOL

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

8 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Packing up to hit the road. Sunny and I are going to Little Rock for some business then to Milwood State Park for fishing & Camping. During the week reservations are easy. Try that on a weekend and you’ll be SOL

Take some photos of the place you end up camping at so we can see what it is like and also  any fish you catch and or eat in its final preparation. I often see this on Bizarre Foods where Andrew Zimmerman travels the world and shares his experiences 

I have a real vicarious enjoyment of these types of trips that others go on...its also nice to see life returning to normal for those living in countries not ravaged by the virus and under lockdown  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's been a wee bit warm in the Seattle area. I just made it through the afternoon peak. Tomorrow it's supposed to cool down... to 95 F (35 C). We're not used to this up in the rainy northwest. 🌞

• Gasp! 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

7 hours ago, rjshae said:

It's been a wee bit warm in the Seattle area. I just made it through the afternoon peak. Tomorrow it's supposed to cool down... to 95 F (35 C). We're not used to this up in the rainy northwest. 🌞

I was  watching this on CNN, its apparently the hottest day in the history of the state and metal might be expanding on bridges due to the heat  so  they using water trucks to stop this :unsure:

And they were saying many people just dont have aircon so the state has created these " cool down " centers for citizens

https://www.q13fox.com/weather/seattles-hottest-day-in-recorded-history-triple-digit-heat-3-days-in-a-row-breaks-another-record

You see what happens when you have Democrat  controlled state, you dont plan for unprecedented heat waves due to global warming. You should be like Texas ....look how organized they are with things like their energy grid  ....oh wait :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, rjshae said:

Oooh, a mild Australian summer day 😁

You better get that BBQ of yours started up if not already!

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

18 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Oooh, a mild Australian summer day 😁

You better get that BBQ of yours started up if not already!

I was thinking the same thing, 35 C is just a normal, albeit warm, summer day in SA

John Milton 

As I've said before, as long as I have access to some kind of AC to take the brunt of high temps out of my indoor caves, I'm all right.

If AC is not possible, but there was at least electricity for a freezer, I would make myself a pair of oversized, heavy overalls with a lot of large velcro pockets and stick those gel freezer packs in them (legs, back, chest/stomach area etc) rotating them in and out all day.  I suppose I'd look funny, but at least I wouldn't feel like I was cooking in an oven.  :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Came back home today. Had to cut my trip to Arkansas short. As for the real estate I went there to look at they seriously misrepresented it online. Go figure. Total waste of time. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Got my second shot of Moderna today. So that's done and dusted, at least until we get a delta booster, perhaps. :yes: 

Yikes. I was scheduled to get my shot at work tomorrow after our lunch break, but they called late today and told me they have leftover shots and I could get it done one day earlier. Good thing I did, because my arm feels as it if would fall off. Other than that, no side effects so far. The first shot had the same effect, just milder, so I'm kind of hoping that's all.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

18 hours ago, majestic said:

Yikes. I was scheduled to get my shot at work tomorrow after our lunch break, but they called late today and told me they have leftover shots and I could get it done one day earlier. Good thing I did, because my arm feels as it if would fall off. Other than that, no side effects so far. The first shot had the same effect, just milder, so I'm kind of hoping that's all.

My arm stopped feeling like it will fall off, and I've regained most of my mobility (yesterday I could only moe my fingers as the rest of my arm turned totally numb a couple of hours after the injection). However, I've also taken a level up in headache, fever and queasiness. Left work early and will now spend the afternoon trying to sleep.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

Second dose of Moderna kicked me where it hurt too.  I didn't lose the ability to use my arm, but I did have a fever, headache, queasiness and chills so bad I was trembling head to toe most of the day after the shot.  Most of the symptoms (except arm soreness) was gone by the second day, so hopefully your experience will be similar or better.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

Second dose of Moderna kicked me where it hurt too.  I didn't lose the ability to use my arm, but I did have a fever, headache, queasiness and chills so bad I was trembling head to toe most of the day after the shot.  Most of the symptoms (except arm soreness) was gone by the second day, so hopefully your experience will be similar or better.

I had chills only once after waking up much earlier today and having to pee in the middle of the night (look at me getting old). Managed to eat something now, unseasoned rice waffles, my third favorite snack food, right after papier-mâché and styrofoam. :p 

Spoiler

Assuming I don't regurgitate rice waffle papier-mâché soon, I'll try real food.

• Haha 3

On 7/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, Amentep said:

I had the Pfizer both times. First time was nothing. Second though was similar to what happened to you. Although I think yours was a bit worse. 

Thomas Sowell

Sunny came trotting into the house with something special in her mouth: a full grown rat snake. It had coiled itself around her muzzle and was latched onto her collar with it’s mouth. Not sure who caught who! It took a few minutes and with a little cooperation from Sunny I managed to get the poor thing untangled without doing it any harm. I turned him loose in the barn. No doubt he’ll do some good business in there. Rodents are attracted to the chicken feed.

That dog!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

12 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Sunny came trotting into the house with something special in her mouth: a full grown rat snake. It had coiled itself around her muzzle and was latched onto her collar with it’s mouth. Not sure who caught who! It took a few minutes and with a little cooperation from Sunny I managed to get the poor thing untangled without doing it any harm. I turned him loose in the barn. No doubt he’ll do some good business in there. Rodents are attracted to the chicken feed.

That dog!

Its quite an amazing story that the rat snake wasnt killed, its really a good example of how the classic battles of survival in the animal kingdom become confused in the modern age of man and how we integrate and change these outcomes in unexpected ways, great post 8)

John Milton 

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Its quite an amazing story that the rat snake wasnt killed, its really a good example of how the classic battles of survival in the animal kingdom become confused in the modern age of man and how we integrate and change these outcomes in unexpected ways, great post 8)

The snake might have thought it was a life or death survival situation but to Sunny.... well the world is her personal toybox. She thought she found something cool to play with. 

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

On 7/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, ComradeYellow said:

It's not even 4th of July yet and the morons are already lighting fireworks. :getlost:

Neighbors around here start their bang-bang (just noise) fireworks three weeks in advance. Hear it every night. I guess they're practicing.

Had to deal with someone, in Whole Food of all places, lecturing everyone on the conspiracy to depopulate Canada and replace us with Mexicans.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

36 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Had to deal with someone, in Whole Food of all places, lecturing everyone on the conspiracy to depopulate Canada and replace us with Mexicans.

Of course, it's easy to blame your countries problems on minorities rather than you know, targeting the financial institutions and corrupt politicians who started it all.

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Neighbors around here start their bang-bang (just noise) fireworks three weeks in advance. Hear it every night. I guess they're practicing.

I dunno it's just hard to tell the difference between the American flag and the Confederate flag these days, so my level of Patriotism probably isn't where it should be at the moment.

39 minutes ago, Malcador said:

The irony.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP