What you've done today - The Edge of Night

Amentep

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Dunno if you remember when I used to  host a little Kotor2 image gallery for this forums users?

I do 😎

Sadly I didn't contribute anything iirc... a bit self conscious at the time I guess. I was busy being a troll and picking ugly fights with a few die-hard Bioware fanboys at the time :blush:

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

Inertia. My desire to play Ubisoft open world collectathons is far outweighed by the amount of work it takes to create an Ubisoft account.

If I could fix your lack of interest in the Ubisoft client would you install it then ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

31 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I do 😎

Sadly I didn't contribute anything iirc... a bit self conscious at the time I guess. I was busy being a troll and picking ugly fights with a few die-hard Bioware fanboys at the time :blush:

Serves you right for being nasty to  Bioware fans who like to discuss  important issues like what the sweat on Dragon Age characters might taste like  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Serves you right for being nasty to  Bioware fans who like to discuss  important issues like what the sweat on Dragon Age characters might taste like  :teehee:

Iirc, it was about crucial things like whether it made sense that Mandalorian assault craft were lobster shaped with a rider on the back (because that's how the Dark Horse comic had shown them) or assault craft shaped (small troop transport) when doing planetary drops 😝

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, majestic said:

But using a different mail address for everything? That sounds like way too much effort for not enough gain. Just use 10 Minute Mail accounts if you're worried about spam

It was really almost more like a spam server attack.  Wasn't 20-30 spams a day or something.  More like ... it took 15-30 minutes to download all the emails off the server every time I would check for new mail.  And that was only what was getting through after my webhost banned some non-US IP's first. Is it likely to happen again? Possibly not.  But it makes you paranoid.

I don't register to things so fleetingly, either, hentai or otherwise. :lol:  Nor do I like just making a new account if I forget the old one.  All those emails are for things I use frequently or at least want/need a perm. email for.  Like Steam that makes me email validate every single time I login via web browser instead of their client.

Remember those early 'net days when most people probably used the same password for almost everything? Now you have complicated random symbols and capital letters and whatever and some people have thousands of passwords and a password manager.  To me separating email/registration so severely is kinda like that. I didn't always, but now I do.  :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

34 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

If I could fix your lack of interest in the Ubisoft client would you install it then ?

No, and you cannot.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Remember those early 'net days when most people probably used the same password for almost everything?

As opposed to now ? 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On a lighter/less grump note - my husband turned 55 this year and is still the bestest husband in the world, the most handsome adorable dork, who makes me giggle the mostest, who will appear and stand in the doorway, then randomly start doing a silent little dancing shuffle jig for me because he sees I'm feeling down and he knows such makes me laugh. 

I chose well.   💞

Time to make some lunch!

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 7
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 5/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Remember those early 'net days when most people probably used the same password for almost everything?

What's wrong with 1111 1234 and P@$$w0rd! ???

20 minutes ago, Gorth said:

What's wrong with 1111 1234 and P@$$w0rd! ???

How do you change your password here again....

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The range of my new microchip leaves much to be desired, instead of being able to unlock my phone by simply picking it up I need to rub it on my shoulder for a while. Even so it works only once in a blue moon. Kind of disappointed. No signs of thought control either, I'm still unhappy with out current government.

No side effects so far other than a bit of pain in my left shoulder. Yay.

• Sad 1

Hubby's away, so I'm going to jack up the volume and watch Army of the Dead.  I hear it might be a C+ to B movie.  I'll report back in 90 min....wait, it's 2.5 hours long?!

....brunch first then. I'll report in a few hours.  :p

2 hours ago, majestic said:

No signs of thought control either, I'm still unhappy with out current government.

That's just what THEY want you to think!

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did an art exchange with my friend. They got three small cynical motivational paintings and two **** covid ales and I got two small custom pots. Might used them for some flowers but they look really nice on their own. It was nice chatting with them and catching up on things even if it was short.

Edited by LittleArmadillo0

i got my new bank card today and went to the ATM to activate it. the process failed successfully. i did the activation, got the receipt confirming that it all went well and then the ATM proceeded to keep my card.  because i did it after i got off work at 10 in the evening there was nobody i could contact to get the card out so i have to wait til tomorrow to contact the bank and hope that the machine doesn't spit the card out in the middle of the night. i am almost tempted to grab a crowbar and go for a little DIY card recovery.

quick update. because the ATM i used is not located in the bank itself they can only lock the card but not retrieve it. i have to get it reissued. the card that got stuck in the ATM will be taken out and destroyed at the next maintenance. the lesson from all this is "never use an ATM that it not attached to the bank itself and never use it when the bank is closed".

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, BruceVC said:

Vanilla 😆

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Except for the corn and the watermelons the garden has been completely picked. I took 12 hampers of veggies to the Green market this morning and now I’ve got 55 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. And I’ve also got about 10 baskets of veggies in the kitchen that have to be washed bagged or canned or otherwise preserved. Going to be a busy day.

The upshot is there’s plenty of great stuff on TV today. The Panthers/lightning playoff game comes on at 11:30. After that the Marlins play the Mets and after that the Habs/ maple leafs playoff game comes on. Definitely a good TV day.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been on a martial arts movie thing.  The more modern ones, like 2000 and later.  Hand to hand, sword, polearms, etc. sequences (am not, however, into USA-style punching/boxing, blargh).  In the mood for such visual mayhem I guess. 

Anyway ... trying to make a habit of exercising my arms etc. when I watch (not just pedaling) because my arms have always been kinda weaksauce and even worse now.  I use a long heavy metal pole (maybe four feet long/) and do various arm exercises with it while standing. Maybe I should take up long stick/polearm fighting classes! 

...nah, I'd probably just hurt myself.

*looks up some millions view YT video on some bo staff techniques ... yup, I'd hurt myself. *  :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

The hubster got his 2nd shot yesterday.  He's had no ill effects at all.  I got my 2nd shot 4-5 hours ago.  So far nothing, not even the early sore arm I had from the first one.  Hopefully I'll be like hubby.  Guess we got the good shipment of Pfizer.  Or a placebo.  Who knows.  :shifty:

Also finally ran around to Verizon storefronts trying to get my mobile phone 'net access to work again.  Went to the 3rd party store I bought it from, then the "official, not 3rd party" place.  Both changed sim cards, restarted 'net access or something etc.  First place, it didn't work.  2nd place, it eventually worked. Maybe the 2nd guy had magic sim-card fingers. Whatever, I can lurk on the forums while out and about again. 

• Thanks 1

I have a broken blood vessel in my right eye, so I'm currently doing my best Kyubey impression. Do you think I should go and ask 8th grade girls to make contracts with me? :p

• Thanks 1

So about 12 hours now .. still no reaction, I feel perfectly fine. The injection site did end up becoming a little sore, it just took longer this time. So I'm going to say I'm like hubby and am not going to have any horrible side effects.  I read an article where a doc. theorized that older people may (emphasis on may) have less reaction to the 2nd dose because of a higher chance of a weaker immune system to begin with or something like that.  Don't know how plausible that really is but it sounds reasonable.  :p  Regardless of the reason...phew.  😓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

So about 12 hours now .. still no reaction, I feel perfectly fine. The injection site did end up becoming a little sore, it just took longer this time. So I'm going to say I'm like hubby and am not going to have any horrible side effects.  I read an article where a doc. theorized that older people may (emphasis on may) have less reaction to the 2nd dose because of a higher chance of a weaker immune system to begin with or something like that.  Don't know how plausible that really is but it sounds reasonable.  :p  Regardless of the reason...phew.  😓

Im impressed, well done for getting your jab. And you and Gfted1 were saying you were not in a rush or keen to get a vaccine so this is good news 8)

John Milton