Hi guys again

What is the difference between Moon Light and Moon well? They look like the same spell with a small difference (extra def). In other words, when should I use Moon Light and when Moon Well?

I am playing in Turn mode.. worth to put some point in Dex? Or should leave it in 10 and spend this extra 5 point in Might 
Might: 12
Con: 13
Dex: 15
Preception: 9
Intellect: 18
Resolve: 10

Edited by Andres Arigon

2 hours ago, Andres Arigon said:

Hi guys again

What is the difference between Moon Light and Moon well? They look like the same spell with a smal difference (extra def). In other words, when should I use Moon Light and whenMoon Well?

they both accomplish the same core effect - healing over time. moonlight, being a higher tier, is generally more powerful across the board (including in terms of total healing done). that being said, some considerations:

• maybe you have some other important spells at tier two or tier four. if that's the case, you would want to use the heal in the other tier, so that you reserve your casts for those other important spells if you can.
  • moonwell's defense bonus is nice (being an +all defense bonus, it stacks with specific defense bonuses like illusion magic) and the heal overall has a larger area of effect
  • moonwell heal-over-time counts as a water effect and so will provide you protection from a fire effect, or cancel an ongoing fire effect
    • sometimes this is what you want, but sometimes this is not what you want (you'd rather have the healing) at which point moon's light is a better choice
    • the protection from fire is absolute - it guarantees you one "counterspell" from any fire-keyworded ability. For example, Dorudugan is a megaboss that has a special fire attack that can do literally hundreds of damage. If all else fails, you can cast Moonwell on everyone and survive one blast.
    • at the same time, if you're hit with an extremely minor fire effect (like a tick from Wall of Fire or a Combusting Wounds debuff) moonwell will absolutely be a loser spell because you'll take like 3 damage and then that'll cancel the many tens of healing and defense buff you were going to get.
  • moon light casts faster, which means you might be able to get it off more successfully when enemies are using interrupt effects
Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, thelee said:

they both accomplish the same core effect - healing over time. moonlight, being a higher tier, is generally more powerful across the board (including in terms of total healing done). that being said, some considerations:

• maybe you have some other important spells at tier two or tier four. if that's the case, you would want to use the heal in the other tier, so that you reserve your casts for those other important spells if you can.
  • moonwell's defense bonus is nice (being an +all defense bonus, it stacks with specific defense bonuses like illusion magic) and the heal overall has a larger area of effect
  • moonwell heal-over-time counts as a water effect and so will provide you protection from a fire effect, or cancel an ongoing fire effect
    • sometimes this is what you want, but sometimes this is not what you want (you'd rather have the healing) at which point moon's light is a better choice
    • the protection from fire is absolute - it guarantees you one "counterspell" from any fire-keyworded ability. For example, Dorudugan is a megaboss that has a special fire attack that can do literally hundreds of damage. If all else fails, you can cast Moonwell on everyone and survive one blast.
    • at the same time, if you're hit with an extremely minor fire effect (like a tick from Wall of Fire or a Combusting Wounds debuff) moonwell will absolutely be a loser spell because you'll take like 3 damage and then that'll cancel the many tens of healing and defense buff you were going to get.
  • moon light casts faster, which means you might be able to get it off more successfully when enemies are using interrupt effects

Thank you..

What about Dex in Trun base for a lifegiver? I know in the not turn mode you need DEX to caster fast but.. in turn base it only push you to the top of the turn. I don't know if it is really important... any tips?

sorry i don't have much experience with turn-based. i think the general consensus is that dex is not very important, and for most casters it might be optimal to tank it (so that you go after everyone else and don't face any risk of interrupt)

Hello again...

New days and new doubts... I'm really doing my best to understand the Druid (lifegiver) and the game mechanics...but I still with doubts..

1) I am playing with Turn-base option :) (I prefer this option). Also, I would like to play without multi classes at least for this run because I would like to understand all the class/spec and the full potential before jumping to multiclas. However, if you tell me a multi class would be a better option.. I could consider it but... Ideal I would like to avoid this option.

2) So, how I said before I am playing with turn base it means the Dex is not as important than in real time. However, how less important is it for a druid (Lifegiver)? Should I leave it in 10 points and spend the extra points in the other stats? Or should I put some point in dex to keep casting my spells before the enemies in each turn?

3) I have uploaded a picture showing what I find useful form the support/healer point of view and what I thinking to take

>Healing stuff< They mainly come from the lifegiver spec. I've added Beetle shell, to have a kind of ST "healing" when the AOE healing is not needed and if the ally already have a hot running give the chance to hit it twice. I think the big Druid (lifegiver) lack is the ST healing. 

>Utility stuff< Some steps reduction, blindness and anti healing 

>DPS stuff<  When healing / buffing is no needed I have added some nice RAW dmg to do (because I will have not a big penetration) 

I couldn't find anything useful, did I miss something? Maybe Tier 7 the buff that gives extra def to everyone.  

4) Which form is the best.. I understand cat is useful in REAL TIME but.. in turn base is it the best option? I understand as a Lifegiver you are not going to jump a lot in form.. just in X moment.. because you have a big deff after two turns.

I am all ears, any tips are very welcome.

Thanks

Inkedtoask_LI.jpg

Edited by Andres Arigon

1 hour ago, Andres Arigon said:

2) So, how I said before I am playing with turn base it means the Dex is not as important than in real time.

if you're unsure, just leave it at 10

for your ability choices - the options for a druid do kind of get a bit narrow at tiers 7 and up especially in a subclass like fury or lifegiver that loses a type of spell. elemental buff would be fine. at tier 8 your only decent option is avenging storm; with a blunderbuss you could probably make it work even with mediocre PEN/accuracy. at tier 9 i would consider picking up one of the spells at least; tornado, greater maelstrom, and touch of death are all great spells to have in your pocket (in turn-based maybe tornado less so).

i would pick up "embrace the earth talon" - it can petrify for a real long time, and rather uniquely for a druid with enough intellect and PL scaling you can petrify for more than one turn, which is huge. on turn based i would say that that's more important than plague of insects or wall of thorns.

i suspect your tier 3 is over-subscribed with spells. Nature's Balm (you get for free) is a very good/defense spell, and you will want to use it a lot. I would at least drop the anti-poison effect.

rapid casting is probably not as useful on turn-based. i would pick up great soul and more empower passives - i think it's honestly one of the best parts of single-classing, getting very powerful empower effects (whereas multiclasses don't have enough points to do the same without sacrificing a lot). accurate empower is best, but you should have enough to get all of them. a late-game empowered greater maelstrom will wipe out most normal fights. an empowered embrace the earth talon might even get you to *3* turns of petrify.  an empowered venombloom will wreak havoc turn after turn. honestly, picking up all that empower stuff will single-handedly solve any struggles you might have picking adequate offensive options as a lifegiver.

for turn-based maybe a better spiritshift form would be bear or boar. boar would give you a self-heal, while bear has extra armor. either of those would be useful for a support caster in the middle of an emergency. (bear can also frighten enemies)