Stem And Grass Holders!!

Okay so who else uses the relocate mechanic to move mass amounts of building material??? I know I do, I’m currently half way through build a huge structure atop the stone wall near the pond requiring tons of stem and grass, normally I would do the usual thing and fill the holders and my hand and carry them over, but as you know when moving things around you can only walk and it isn’t until you do 10 trips that you know something needs to change, why not let us run while relocating or even a slightly quicker walking speed while doing so??

Edited by JoyFulKiller4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• JoyFulKiller4 changed the title to Stem And Grass Holders!!

That's pretty genius, I never thought to move holders like that. It would be a lot faster than what I'm doing now LOL.

But I totally agree with you. I hate how slow I am forced to walk when moving stuff around my base. It's a big base and I got places to be!

If I had to guess, I'd assume they did it on purpose because they knew players could move the plank holders while full, and that's their way of balancing it, because it makes all the stuff like HumAnt armor bonus and the Worker's Comp smoothie less useful. 

I think a good compromise would be to allow us to walk normally and/or run when moving furniture, but if the grass plank has X number of planks stored in it (one? half?), then you get the speed deduction. Could also be added to empty/full chests for a similar effect. That way, there's still a reason to use HumAnt and Worker's Comp.

• Thanks 1

Moving them like that is so much easier and more time efficient

See currently I’m using spider armour with worker’s chomp, so getting the 7 carry and a speed boost from the armour but currently still isn’t enough, but the idea of allowing us to run at full speed with a half empty compared to having a full then getting the speed reduction..

• 3 weeks later...

Faster would be great.  I think they should hold more grass or stems.. Even just for storing. I have them all over the place.   Or even sending the whole pallet across the zipline and not have them fly everywhere when they get to the end. 

I agree. It's most difficult to carry the stems and blades from point A to point B. Maybe incorporating a backpack upgrade where you can carry the stuff on your back or some type of wheel barrel device made out of stem and grass with a match box car wheel on it. That would be cool.

Edited by MsMarabell
Misspelled word.
  • Like 1

What if you get to run the holders if you wear the ant armor or the smoothies? And raise the speed based on how how much of the armor your are wearing + the normal/beefy smoothie? For instance full ant armor gives you +3 slots, normal smoothie gives +1 and beefy gives +2. So just use that same ratio with the speed. you can still carry 10 at a time to the holder but then you also get the ability to have up to normal run speed, if that makes sense?

Edited by TheTurtle8571
typo corrections

I only used smoothies a few times.   I feel the lasting effect of them are not even worth using them.  It seems to wear off after one or two trips.   Would need an inventory full of smoothies just to get the job done.