Warhammer 40k fan art and movies

Gorth

Edit: Split from the weird and interesting thread

I think we had a thread once for short cgi movies and animations. Can't find it though 🤔

An impressive one man job (mostly for Warhammer 40k fans, but other may appreciate the skill that went into the movie making)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not fan art, but game trailer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

This is cancelled right ? Recall seeing that somewhere.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

sadly i already know all of them

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I enjoy a lot of Warhammer art and all, but one of those things that bugs me with the official stuff is the general lack of coherency on scale.

I know on one hand, its all rule of cool, and part of the way the fluff gets re-organised and redone every few years, but it just makes me grit my teeth.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 minutes ago, Raithe said:

I enjoy a lot of Warhammer art and all, but one of those things that bugs me with the official stuff is the general lack of coherency on scale.

I know on one hand, its all rule of cool, and part of the way the fluff gets re-organised and redone every few years, but it just makes me grit my teeth.

Oh, don't get me started on the stupidly oversized weapons! 😠

I know, it's originally part of easily identifying and assessing both friend and foe capabilities (by seeing what kind of gear they're wielding) on the tabletop, but still. I'll be standing next to the table when playing, not watching a game through a looking glass from 500m away.

(the old miniatures from the 80's, of which I have a lot, had weapons and equipment that actually looked like the mini would be able to lift it off the ground)

Its not necessarily that, but things like the vehicles, and especially the space elements. Things that are described in one book one size, and has art for that, then another book describes the same thing, but in a totally different scale, and again, art that reflects that.. Then there's art thats not connected to any of those books, but shows images of those things at other scales...

It's that.. not coherent across the whole universe :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, it is a big universe. Maybe chaotic influence? Could also be artists being artists?

As for weapon sizes, I suspect it had to do with GW changing their target audience from the 20-30 year olds to the 12-14 year old boys who apparently had a lot of their parents disposable income. Nothing like some phallic macho symbols to make angsty, insecure teenage boys feel all empowered (and generous with their parents money) when they have a "mine is bigger than yours" stick in their hands. Guns got bigger and boobs got covered up. Dang it...

• Hmmm 1

• 2 months later...

Just another short fan movie...

• Haha 1

Well thats heresy

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Nah even Guilliman has a hot Eldar girlfriend

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 1 month later...

Animated movie taking place during the Unity Wars (as in long before even the Horus Heresy)

• Like 1

aaaand they are gone :)  - seems like GW is cramping down on fan animations :(

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

aaaand they are gone :)  - seems like GW is cramping down on fan animations :(

Since they set up their own studio, they have been.  The "If the Emperor had a Text-To-Speech Device" series got halted in fear of that, hah.

I deleted a number of my first posts as GW started coming down hard on fan art and movies and videos getting removed from YouTube. Reposted a few from different sources 😥

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 8 months later...

The Death Korps of Krieg. Silly name and rather obviously inspired by WWI... a short animation. Warning, graphic violence (and blood)

• Like 1

The real Death Korps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1