Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?

• yes
    • no

just now ive decided that saberwhips are awesome. i think it's a case of an idea that is so spectacularly bad it goes right out one end of the good/bad spectrum and in at the other. plus it would be amusing to watch anyone who uses it cut themselves to bits. an incompetent baddie should have one and then procede to slice and dice themselves in front of you for your amusement.

it could be like the black knight in the holy grail. not that im advocating monty python easter eggs.

for the sake of keeping this thread alive longer, would someone please inform my ignorant ass as to what exactly an "easter egg" is in the gaming world?

I'll give you an example:

When you fight a Sith Lord, you cut off his arm, and he says, "'Tis a flesh wound!" "Come on ya pansy!" "I'll bite your legs off!"

My opinion

Saberwhips are bad. Not because I don't like the idea. I like it. However a lightsaber has always similar to the sword, and whip is different the sword. Techically, If I remember, lightsabers don't have wait in the "light" part, so a saber is just like swingin' through thin air. Not as fun as it sounds, because using a whip is VERY weight control of the whip. What I mean is, an easy to judge your own whip to your own use. No weight, hard to control (Actually, all weapons are weight controlled, but whips, because of their nature, are more dependent).

I feel lightsabers, especially singble bladed ones, with normal length, are lightsabers for knights.

I don't hate short, or double lightsabers, however. They are for people are looking for an "advantage" but it differentiates that the fact they are not a "knight". (Like Darth Maul. But he didn't need to be a Knight be kick ass, anyway).

Now that I think about it, I just want a whip. Not a saberwhip, but just a whip.

Even besides the impracticality, it's a messed up idea. Laser whips exist in SW, but light whips? I mean, you can't caller them lightsaber whips as they have nothign to do with a saber...

That's why I just want a good ole' regular whip. But I do see your point.

I can see it happening though...I mean, Lucas does have a certain fondness with whips (Indiana Jones anybody). We might be seeing Yoda wield the first ever lightwhip next movie...who knows. Lucas might be drunk enough to pull that off too.

it wouldn't be cool and probably won't happen.  Laser whips would be very cool...but they'd take so much work to do right.

Why do you people let this thread live? It's the most hated subject in the whole forum and you people keep resurecting it.

If we don't do it, and keep the newbs informed, then it will be much worse...

much worse...

So is this the lesson to the newbs about asking absurd questions and recycling ideas and topics?

I guess...but they will still do though.... :rolleyes:

Yes some1 has to get the newbs up to speed!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Is there any way to kill a thread, and if so how might one go about doing it?

The light-whip/saber-whip/lightsaber-whip/laser- whip/lasersaber-whip/lightlaser-whip will be documented in history as the dumbest idea I think these boards have ever come up with...

Thank you that is all...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Is there any way to kill a thread, and if so how might one go about doing it?

The light-whip/saber-whip/lightsaber-whip/laser- whip/lasersaber-whip/lightlaser-whip will be documented in history as the dumbest idea I think these boards have ever come up with...

Thank you that is all...

Laser whips are actually in EU. Its just having them mentioned in the context of lightsaber whips has made people get the wrong idea. Instead of energy sprouting from a handle, it's energy lining a whip. It's actually pretty cool.