Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?

• yes
    • no

jesus... it is a focking lightsaber. IT ISN'T REAL. IT CAN NEVER BE REAL. Stop debating what it takes to make it function. It takes imagination. THAT IS THE ONLY COMPONENT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT FUNCTION PROPERLY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT, YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THESE GAMES.

okay forget lightsabers. I want to know how teletubbies can communicate with each other via those antennas on their heads. This implies a mutual symbiosis between brain and machine, a level which we humans can only DREAM OF!!!

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in the fourteen pages on this thread, but from a coding standpoint, creating the graphics for this whip-thingy would probably be just a tad onerous on our poor developers at this point. I don't have any aversion to it in of itself, since we're led to believe a regular dinky sword can withstand a whack from a lightsaber. :rolleyes: However, it'd probably take forever to code something that is basically bread and circus. ;)

--Gheralt.

jesus... it is a focking lightsaber. IT ISN'T REAL. IT CAN NEVER BE REAL. Stop debating what it takes to make it function. It takes imagination. THAT IS THE ONLY COMPONENT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT FUNCTION PROPERLY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT, YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THESE GAMES.

I thought it used elfin magic to function ;)

Saberwhip is a stupid idea, especially for this game!

First it would take to damn long to implement at this point.

Second it is just impossible to have a saber whip, completely and utterly impossible no matter what magic or technology or anything u have.

Think about it, a whip made of energy would have absolutely no stability at all. Not to mention if you whip it around, it would proably fly off, or even better, cut your head off!

Now a laser whip is different, it is simply a whip which, when a button is pushed, is covered by some sort of laser/energy whatever. But the point it that it is covereing the regualr whip thus it will act like a regular whip.

Thirdly, whips are stupid. A smart jedi could just stand back and throw his lightsaber at the whip user, end of battle. And no matter what the whip couldn't block it.

Fourth reason, a saberwhip would be one of those things that just goes to far. It isn't meant for star wars thus it should never be. Ex: the Yuuzhan Vong where by far the worst idea I ever heard of, it pretty much ruined star wars for me.....and lets just say the saber whip and Yuuzhan Vong are the same in that respect.

Fifth and FINAL reason, even if it got in game and it acted just like a whip should and everything went right, I still dont see it blocking a lightsaber or a blaster bolt or any damn thing for that matter, it would be completely offensive and that just wouldn't work.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Ok, I come back to the forums after going away for a while and see this argument I helped shoot down has been brought back to life. Let it die. Come on people, it was like on the third page of the forums when I left...

Also, the Vong are sometimes ok, depending on what book you're reading. I think they've been overused with the too much too fast thing (look at the length of the NJO and how fast they're putting out books). Also, there are laser whips (which would be time consumign and difficult to implement without much reward) but not saberwhips.

Yeah, the lazer whip or saber whip or whatever is a lousy idea, but earlier in this thread someone proposed energy blade nun-chuks (an idea that was also quickly written off). These should not be included in the game or any of the movies in my opinion, but unlike the whip, they are not completely implausible. Imagine two light saber hilts connected by a chain or other sort of line. Now imagine that comming out of the other end of each of these hilts is a small energy blade. While this would undoubtedly be an exessively dangerous weapon to who ever weilds it, it could exist. There's a weapon like that in Ninja Gaiden on XBox only with steal blades instead of energy.

You leave the place for a few weeks and the next thing you know every bad idea thread, already discussed and laid to rest thread, and stupid "who vs. who" or "poll" thread has been brought back from long ago. Now i know with the game release coming every nearer as time goes on and they really cant take anymore sugestions since the game is already pretty much done so we really have no more things to talk about but seriously, cant we just think up some better threads? <_<

O and i forgot... Saber whip is a horrible idea.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You leave the place for a few weeks and the next thing you know every bad idea thread, already discussed and laid to rest thread, and stupid "who vs. who" or "poll" thread has been brought back from long ago. Now i know with the game release coming every nearer as time goes on and they really cant take anymore sugestions since the game is already pretty much done so we really have no more things to talk about but seriously, cant we just think up some better threads? <_<

O and i forgot... Saber whip is a horrible idea.

Amen to that...

I don't care if we post on this anymore...either somebody will resurrect it, or start another idea like it...

Down with Saberwhips!

I would say no, mainly because the entire advantage of using a whip would be wasted (I'm very skilled with many weapons so this is all known through experience). A whip is never used because the blow itself deals actual damage. A whip is used by the strategist who can use the whip to serve many different purposes instead of simply and directly killing your foes. A whip, when properly used can disarm almost any combatant quickly and efficiently leaving them defenseless against an attack with a blade or other such weapon. A whip can take your opponent off their feet or choke them. But the whips greatest asset is its very intimidating sound. The crack of whip really can keep even a lion at bay once it knows the sting that it delivers. With a whip the cuts on contact and is not solid, all of those advantages would be gone. Someone mentioned wrapping their whip around a jedi's lightsaber and disarming him. THat cannot happen because as a weapon of ligh and energy, it is not solid. Thus there would be no friction between the weapons and the whip would slip right off. Next is the weight issue. A whip only hurts when it's used to lash. Even with a whip that weighs something, the lash is slow because the entire length of the weapon must come down before the point. Now imagine a weightless version. It would be no different than bringing an 8 foot long strip of paper down in a lash. Not only will it be unbeleivably slow, its lack of weight would not allow it to even reach its maximum range. Also related to its weightlessness, if you were to lash and then try to lash again quickly, the whip would not have enough energy in its backwards movement to carry the entire length of whip all the way back, like a paper strip. This would keep the tip low on the backward movement, coming right at you. If you don't move, it will will split you right down the middle. Move to the left (assuming you are right-handed) and you'll be in the same situation you were in a few seconds ago. Move to the right and you're stepping under a falling arc of pure energy, which is not a smart thing to do if you want to live a full life. Plus you'll be in an awkaward position with your arm across your chest give it a tug to the right (the only direction that you can tug it) and you might as well tigh a turnicut right above your left ankle to reduce the bleeding when the line cuts your foot off. Weightless flail weapons are things you'd use if you had a deathwish that you really wanted to come true. Before posting this, I tried it out with a long, strengthened strip of paper, and despite the grace that comes with 18 years of martial training, I could not avoid those problems.