Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?

• yes
    • no

Ummmm. I vote no simply because I believe a whip is not particularly important to the game and that the staff should concentrate their efforts on other parts of the game. If they were to make the whip adaquate and satisfactory, especially as an energy whip (note not lightsaber whip but laser whip) they would have to spend alot of time to differentiate it from other weapons. Just my more politely and rationally phrased ideal.

P.S. I think the whip is less of a Jedi specific weapon and is used by a bountyhunter who I think has no force abilities (I have been known to be wrong...more than I like). Also, the idea that Star Wars is fantasy and thus fantastic ideals are possible walks a fine line between really cool and absolutely ridiculous and over-the-top. I mentally differentiate Sci-Fi and Fantasy (I know sci-fi is a subset) with sci-fi having a small bit of specious/impossible/unlikely but cool science instead of randomness.

Though in NJO they had a dark/insane/barely human force user who had blades that bent when he moved/ E.G. he had a blade coming out of his wrist and when he bent his wrist the blade bent. He also had elbow, knee, wrist (my bad they came out of his palm) blades.

Well it's WIERD!!!

First everything's all normal...Yay saberwhips....boo saber whips...a bit of discussion, and then BAM:

"You're ghey!"

"No you're ghey!"

rabble.rabble.rabble.rabble.

Or did I miss something??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well it's WIERD!!!

First everything's all normal...Yay saberwhips....boo saber whips...a bit of discussion, and then BAM:

"You're ghey!"

"No you're ghey!"

rabble.rabble.rabble.rabble.

Or did I miss something??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You didn't miss anything, the thread just got suddenly invaded by trolls. <_<

We're all gay, somewhere deep down, why don't we just accept it and move on?

But seriously, what's with saber whips suddenly turning to the infamous anti-gay talk?

Well, I think saber whips are a lame, if funny, idea. It's strange enough that lightsaber's are INFLEXIBLE and made of pure energy, but directional, controlled WHIP LIKE pure energy? What's the world coming to?

nah, dont worry about it. i thought a little imagionation could be put in the game...but man was i wrong. to some people this going to be a perfect game in a more perfect world. sorry for the imgaionation and the idea. i will not come up with any more "suggestions".

I think that saber whips are doomed to mediocraty or failure myself unless alot of time is invested in them making rules, special options, and super cool attack animations. I think that the developing team simply can't spare this time without sacraficing other aspects of the game or delaying it. Neither of these sound appealing.

Im just curious to know something...

If a saber whip or light whip or energy whip "whatever the hell you feel like calling it" didn't seem like an interesting very rare weapon too see in SW Knights 2...then why did I have the most response out of the entire subforum? Did every one just hate the idea that bad? Or was it mixed feelings from different people?

"Obsidian, you better not let me or any 1 else down with this game....The anticipation is growing and growing so much that it has started this god forsaken forum."

"God...thank you for star wars..."

thx for puting it in a simple and non bashing way.  most people in this world dont stop to think, "Hey, would that make me look like an Ass?"

thx for the reply.

No problem. Unless I really get pissed (usually results when...never mind), I find logic is the best solution. Besides, people who just say random stuff without supporting it and then vehemently and rudely defend their point with a stream of noise (can't call it words as they aren't saying anything meaningful or new) just make themselves seem like ignorant idiots and prove their opponents points with every crude utterance.

Besides, I thought about it and laser or energy whips could be very cool. I just decided that they are best left for KOTOR 3 or 4 as they would take so much time to make good.

Besides, we all remember the KOTOR 1 delays and that should never happen again.

thx for puting it in a simple and non bashing way. most people in this world dont stop to think, "Hey, would that make me look like an Ass?"

thx for the reply.

You mean like you when you were spouting your prejudice Klan idealogue....oh, no, you didn't look like an ass, just a techno good ol' boy with some serious problems. :wacko: