Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?

• yes
    • no

Why would you store anything in the bins if you could carry everything around with you?

Exactly. Why would you story anything if you could carry it around with you???? I didn't even know I HAD storage bins on the Ebon Hawk until I got to Korriban and had to get that spice stuff for that Rodian.

Lightsaber whip? There would be a lot of other cool things. A lightsaber net-gun to cut them into tiny little pieces. A lightsaber sweater with cortosis on the inside! No blaster shots could touch you and it'd look all fuzzy from the glow! Maybe even a lightsaber toupee

Lightsaber whip? There would be a lot of other cool things. A lightsaber net-gun to cut them into tiny little pieces. A lightsaber sweater with cortosis on the inside! No blaster shots could touch you and it'd look all fuzzy from the glow! Maybe even a lightsaber toupee

Man, that's just wrong. :rolleyes:

I think we need to make the distinction here between a 'lightsaber' whip, and an energy whip. I could se a metallic whip encased in an energy field like the bowcaster bolts, that could be cool, though I wouldn't like it to cut though stuff...that would eliminate any cracking if it just perforated most materials....and what fun is a whip when you can't crack it? ;)

But yeah, I could fancy disarming a mighty Jedi simply by yanking thier saber right of their hands why my fancy modern day bullwhip. B)

Why not a lightsaber flail while you're at it?

handle, chain, heavy ball with lightsaber spikes instead of ordinary spikes?

Or a projectile weapon that fires lightsaber edges. Like.. tie the lightsaber handle onto an arrow and launch it with your average john bow.

or a lightsaber broken beer bottle? or lightsaber dagger? or lightsaber bajonet to put on yer blaster rifle? or lightsaber boomerang or whatever....

Erhm. Sorry 'bout that.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Lightsaber KATANAS that would be the bestes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just KATANAS that would RoXxOR!!! ANd JEDININJAS!!!! :rolleyes:

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I wonder if it's possible to get a lightsaber with a curved "blade"? It would look neat and it should be possible for someone strong in the force to bend light through sheer will. Of course, for it to work they would have to go around thinking "Bend, you bastard! BEND!" all the time, but still..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder if it's possible to get a lightsaber with a curved "blade"? It would look neat and it should be possible for someone strong in the force to bend light through sheer will. Of course, for it to work they would have to go around thinking "Bend, you bastard! BEND!" all the time, but still..

Having a curved lightsaber blade would have no use other than aesthetic purposes.

Lightsabers cut through everything (cortosis = stupid) and are easy to unsheath which nullifies the need to have a curved blade. Oh yea, they are weightless, so no wind resistance or anyother problems.

Katanas are better than European swords though. :lol:

Damn, I thought I had all the advantages shot down. :p

Anyway, having a curved blade would be too "controversial" to some of the Star Wars "veterans." The double bladed lightsaber is barely tolerable to them. <_<

Besides, we can already somehow stop light without any explanation. We can't just decide that we are able to bend it, ya know.

Having a curved lightsaber blade would have no use other than aesthetic purposes.

I was actually only going for the aestethic purposes. They weren't supposed to have any special features or functions. Just a bit of variety.. But I understand if the real Star Wars fans would be upset so I withdraw my wish.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Being one who doesn't like meddling with the lightsaber thing, let me explain myself (and anyone else who thinks as I do).

This Star Wars thing, it's a legend. It has a certain mystique. We feel that coming up with other variations on something like a lightsaber dilutes the importance and symbolism conveyed by it.

I don't personally get upset over people thinking up these wacky ideas about different technologies, fighting styles, types of weapons, etc. It's always good to have an open forum for things like this.

Normally if we were establishing a new legend with new parameters I might be much more open minded to something like a laser whip or some of these other variants of real-world weapons. But we must be careful when dealing with an existing conceptual framework to balance new ideas with old ones. The more variants we add to the lightsaber class of weapons, the less special the original single bladed lightsaber becomes.

I also think that the idea of simply thinking of a weapon, then imbuing it with the properties of "lightsaberness" is silly and unoriginal (no offense to the author of this thread!). Let's think of something more original, folks.

In the old Star Wars RPG there were a number of 'light' weapons, including the lightwhip. Type lightwhip into Google if you're interested. Personally I have no interest in seeing the whip included in KotOR2. Some kind of stun baton to knock opponents unconcious would be good (for non-lethal combat), but it would probably be too overpowered in this sort of game.

Exactly as it says. The middle of the saber, the hilt, could bend. So when needed, the saber would resemble "V" or "U" or even ~. The weapon would be mainly used as a regular two bladed saber, but this bending option would give more freedom of movement. Also, one could sort of throw the other blade towards the enemy, as the hilt would also flex a bit. There is a traditional, realworld weapon, which could explain my idea, but my memory fails me again.

Do you mean like nunchaku? Those two wooden rods with a chain in between them? I've seen these karate guys swirl them around at incredible speeds and then all of a sudden jam it into their armpits. Guess we'd see arms come flying if they did that with the Star Wars version of a nunchaku.. :)

Sorry about going back four pages but I was reading back and think this could be really intriguing.

I don't know anything about martial arts; how is a nunchaku wielded -- hold one or both of the rods, never the chain? OK, so make a pair of matched rods that project a lightsaber blade between them when they are close enough together (say two arm's lengths) and are pointed very roughly in the same direction. Since the orientation of both rods rather than a single hilt determines the direction of the blade it could curve when they're angled and run straight directly between them when they're pointed directly at each other. Bit like the chain. And with effectively two hilts there's lots of possibilities, for instance, use the Force to throw and levitate one of them, use it as a boomerang, and you could whip it round your opponent and the blade would materialise in time to cut his head off :(

I think it'd work B)

Mind you, I doubt any of this will have bearing on what goes in the game...

LOL

And just what bastion of ignorance and intolerance do you hail from?... Oh, Pinetops, North Carolina, and you were born in '88. Why baby, you're just a baby! Listen doll I'm sorry, I thought I was chatting with another grown-up. Listen sonny why don't you run home to your momma/sister and make sure she don't choke on her own vomit or blow herself up mixin' up some crank.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (