Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a saberwhip in SW Knights 2?

• yes
    • no

I did vote no you charming devil, it just wasn't adequate enough to express my revulsion of this horrible jar-jar-like idea.

1 You'd take your head off, or at least put your eye out kid.

2 The blade of a lightsaber is weightless energy it wouldn't behave anything like a whip

3 The starwars universe wouldn't even have the technology to make something like this.

4 Lightsabers burn energy pretty fast(if I remember correctly) the constant contact with the ground where it would have to be unless the jedi turned the saberwhip of at the end of every attack or swung it around her head all day(see point #1) would drain it bettery pretty fast. All but the most impatient sith apprentice could just wait her out.

5 Whip against sword or even blaster would be insanely ineffective because of the speed diffrence between them.

Good enough doll?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Well here are my reasons,..

1. Star Wars is fantasy. You do not have to get technical.

2. I use a whip. I can control it very well. It has its advantages and disadvantages over a sword.

3. A "light whip" would be just awesome to see.

4. It would add uniqueness to SW knights 2

5. Your reason # 4 is long winded and is useless to my knowledge. just have an imagination and dont get too far into the tech. stuff.

its just a game :))

I voted yes for this. If you could use your normal lightsaber as a whip (the saber put in whip-mode) and you could pull enemies closer with it, or perhaps trip them and stuff, it could be really neat. Would love the animations for it too, I imagine.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well here are my reasons,..

I don't remembre asking you for anything...

1. Star Wars is fantasy. You do not have to get technical.

Hey you asked for reasons I gave you reasons...whats so technical about sabering you empty little polygon/blockhead off anyway? Besides fantasy doesn't mean disregarding any rule you want 'cause you think it'd be cool. Even in a fantasy title there has to be some consistency if you expect people to suspend reality for any amount of time.

2. I use a whip. I can control it very well. It has its advantages and disadvantages over a sword.

Don't you hate it though when you the whip brushes across your knuckles and fries them off? Or how about all those molten metal stains you have to scrub out of you robe and Jedi Converse? Your whip isn't made of energy rhinestone cowboy.

3. A "light whip" would be just awesome to see.

This is a matter of opinoin I have already made clear I disagree with.

4. It would add uniqueness to SW knights 2

You mean like how the prequel movies have a unique badness about them? I'm sorry then, by all means make your saber whips and blaster chainsaws.

5. Your reason # 4 is long winded and is useless to my knowledge. just have an imagination and dont get too far into the tech. stuff.

I am far from the most ravenous consumer of starwars lore. You asked for explenations, I sorry if they made you brain painful, me try to keep it easy for you now on ever and ever...

Ta ta

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Don't you hate it though when you the whip brushes across your knuckles and fries them off? Or how about all those molten metal stains you have to scrub out of you robe and Jedi Converse? Your whip isn't made of energy rhinestone cowboy.

Yar! Those are my Converse! ;):p:p

Didn't the Ferengi use something like this on thier first apperence in TNG series 1?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

To, Weiser_Cain

The only reason you can talk all that smack is because you are siting in front of your computer screen thinking nothing will ever really come out and bite you in the ass. I could argue with you all year long until the game comes out, but im going to leave it at this. Hope ya realize that I wasn't asking for an argument when I said, "Its just a game :-)" <--Notice the smiley face.

p.s. Grow up, get out the house, and stop fighting in the boards. we post here to give ideas for Obsidian.

p.p.s. For everyone else that wants to continue to post comments (good or bad) please do so.

No. But how about a double bladed light saber, the hilt of which could bend ?

Exactly as it says. The middle of the saber, the hilt, could bend. So when needed, the saber would resemble "V" or "U" or even ~. The weapon would be mainly used as a regular two bladed saber, but this bending option would give more freedom of movement. Also, one could sort of throw the other blade towards the enemy, as the hilt would also flex a bit. There is a traditional, realworld weapon, which could explain my idea, but my memory fails me again.

Exactly as it says. The middle of the saber, the hilt, could bend. So when needed, the saber would resemble "V" or "U" or even ~. The weapon would be mainly used as a regular two bladed saber, but this bending option would give more freedom of movement. Also, one could sort of throw the other blade towards the enemy, as the hilt would also flex a bit. There is a traditional, realworld weapon, which could explain my idea, but my memory fails me again.

Do you mean like nunchaku? Those two wooden rods with a chain in between them? I've seen these karate guys swirl them around at incredible speeds and then all of a sudden jam it into their armpits. Guess we'd see arms come flying if they did that with the Star Wars version of a nunchaku.. :huh:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The problem with nunchuck lightsabers, is you have to grip each end of the chuck....and if the chucks are made of lightsaber beams your hands with vaporize. Good idea though.....If they did put lightsaber chucks in the game the devs would probably do something lame like have your character wear cortosis gloves.