Did Revan know the new Sith lords?

Remember those three sith Malak sends to kill you on the starforge (darkside), remember what he says to them: "Of all the dark jedi that serve me you three are the most worthy."

This got me thinking. If Malak had these 3 as his apprentices and I know some of you may say "What about Bandon? He was Malaks apprentice."

Well I don't think that Malak would completly trust bandon because Malak became Lord by betraying his master, and is probably worried Bandon would do the same thing. If you look at Bandons biography on the KOTOR website it says he may challange Malak for the title of Lord, so he must be powerfull to consider this.

To counter this Malak would have chosen 3 other servents to train as backup apprentices.

Now malak has these 3 servents, so what if Revan did the same thing? Revan knew Malak would challange him one day, so it is possible Revan chose 3 students as his backup. This may seem far fetched but think about it- in TSL there are 3 Sith Lords (Sion, MSG and the unknown) these 3 must have had more power (perhaps command of a battle group) than the rest of the sith grunts to have become the new dominent rulers of the Sith.

When Malak took command he would not have know these sith were loyal to Revan, and would have allowed them to keep their positions. So when Malak died these 3 were in a good position to rise to power.

At the end of KOTOR If Revan was a lightsider the new sith would now consider him an enemy and chase him off into the outer rim. BUT if he was a darksider they would have pledged their loyalty to him again. SO what if Revan has gone to find a greater source of power but is secretly commanding the Sith through his 3 followers?

Unlikely i think, but u never know.

Well I don't think that Malak would completly trust bandon because Malak became Lord by betraying his master, and is probably worried Bandon would do the same thing.  If you look at Bandons biography on the KOTOR website it says he may challange Malak for the title of Lord, so he must be powerfull to consider this.

This is the way of the Sith. When the apprentice become stronger than the master, he must challenge him and take his place.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

What part is unlikely?

The fact that these 3 would be favoured Revan students?

Or the part about Revan secretly controlling them? (I admit this is unlikely- they would turn on him, having lost his memory and all)

And although it is the way of the sith for the apprentice to challange the master, I don't think the master would just sit by and wait for it to happen. If they do they deserve to die. :ph34r:

What part is unlikely?

The fact that these 3 would be favoured Revan students?

Or the part about Revan secretly controlling them? (I admit this is unlikely- they would turn on him, having lost his memory and all)

And although it is the way of the sith for the apprentice to challange the master, I don't think the master would just sit by and wait for it to happen. If they do they deserve to die. :ph34r:

I didn't say it was a bad idea, i just dont think that will be it!

And no they just dont wait around, didn't u pay attention while on Korriban? post-1139-1093971087.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

The whole thing but that is just my opinion.

Remember those three sith Malak sends to kill you on the starforge (darkside), remember what he says to them: "Of all the dark jedi that serve me you three are the most worthy."

This got me thinking.  If Malak had these 3 as his apprentices and I know some of you may say "What about Bandon? He was Malaks apprentice."

Well I don't think that Malak would completly trust bandon because Malak became Lord by betraying his master, and is probably worried Bandon would do the same thing.  If you look at Bandons biography on the KOTOR website it says he may challange Malak for the title of Lord, so he must be powerfull to consider this.

To counter this Malak would have chosen 3 other servents to train as backup apprentices.

Now malak has these 3 servents, so what if Revan did the same thing?  Revan knew Malak would challange him one day, so it is possible Revan chose 3 students as his backup.  This may seem far fetched but think about it- in TSL there are 3 Sith Lords (Sion, MSG and the unknown)  these 3 must have had more power (perhaps command of a battle group)  than the rest of the sith grunts to have become the new dominent rulers of the Sith.

When Malak took command he would not have know these sith were loyal to Revan, and would have allowed them to keep their positions.  So when Malak died these 3 were in a good position to rise to power.

At the end of KOTOR If Revan was a lightsider the new sith would now consider him an enemy and chase him off into the outer rim.  BUT if he was a darksider they would have pledged their loyalty to him again.  SO what if Revan has gone to find a greater source of power but is secretly commanding the Sith through his 3 followers?

i actually like the idea of revan training them. i would change one thing tho instead of him still controlling them id have him be killed by them when he tries to take control over the sith again so in other words shortly after kotors ds ending he is killed in a meeting with these 3 when trying to get their support in controlling the sith.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I think one of the three Sith Lords will be a character we know from the previous Kotor or someone that is closely linked to the players character. Like the MSG... the only reason you hide a charcters idenity with a mask is so he/she will not be recognized. Duh. This gives way for a HUGE surprize. Just like Vader as well as Revan. I think the story will be great and I can't wait for the big surprize/twist.

This got me thinking.  If Malak had these 3 as his apprentices and I know some of you may say "What about Bandon? He was Malaks apprentice."

Now malak has these 3 servents, so what if Revan did the same thing?  Revan knew Malak would challange him one day, so it is possible Revan chose 3 students as his backup.  This may seem far fetched but think about it- in TSL there are 3 Sith Lords (Sion, MSG and the unknown)  these 3 must have had more power (perhaps command of a battle group)  than the rest of the sith grunts to have become the new dominent rulers of the Sith.

When Malak took command he would not have know these sith were loyal to Revan, and would have allowed them to keep their positions.  So when Malak died these 3 were in a good position to rise to power.

At the end of KOTOR If Revan was a lightsider the new sith would now consider him an enemy and chase him off into the outer rim.  BUT if he was a darksider they would have pledged their loyalty to him again.  SO what if Revan has gone to find a greater source of power but is secretly commanding the Sith through his 3 followers?

One problem i killed the sith appertinces

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

This could be an interesting plot twist at the end, although I highly doubt it. It'd make the story too much about Revan, and not enough about your new PC.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

He's talking about another set for when Revan was dark lord before the game not them.

Evolutionary Development

Another thing u did was not read his post properly. He was suggesting Revan also had aprentices. He was not refering to Malaks aprentices, everyone who played DS killed those aprentices. Once again you come in and get the wrong end of the stick. post-1139-1093986862.gif

If I am not misstaken they were not his apprentices YET!, they had to kill Revan in order to show that one among then was worthy to become his apprentice. Malak figured that only the most worthy would survive but also knowing that none of them could stand up to Revan but rather just slow him down and alow malak to gather his strength for the upcoming battle rather like when malak sent the SF robot after you just after you slaughtered the three dark jedi.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Actually this theory bears surprising merit, however I do not believe it is Obsidian's plan as I think they plan to put new characters into the storyline instead of recyling old ideas with new spins. Nonetheless the theory does make sense.

And it is true anyone behind a mask obviously has something they wish to hide.

No, Revan did not know about the new sith. He got his memory wiped.

I know this might be blatantly obvious to most people, but I suspect you didn't bother reading the original post.

Revan had his memory erased AFTER they captured him. The original post is about whether Revan knew of these 3 Sith Lords BEFORE he was captured, and thus when he still had all his memories.

Really now, Hades. I know you like to flame anything that is related to TSL, but atleast try and comprehend the gist of a thread before posting nonsense. :rolleyes:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I know this might be blatantly obvious to most people, but I suspect you didn't bother reading the original post.

Revan had his memory erased AFTER they captured him. The original post is about whether Revan knew of these 3 Sith Lords BEFORE he was captured, and thus when he still had all his memories.

Really now, Hades. I know you like to flame anything that is related to TSL, but atleast try and comprehend the gist of a thread before posting nonsense. :p

that would seem to be too much work for him! :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Revan became a plant on his bridge and now he doesn't know who he really his. Double identity problem. He probably went to asylum to heal his psyche and that's why he disappeared after starforge junk exploded.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think Revan would have other apprentices beside Malak because he/she would always be on the lookout for more powerful, promising dark Jedi to teach secrets to. So, if the three Sith Lords could be his/her old apprentices, could be.

I was thinking that maybe one of the Sith Lords was Revan's old master. After all, it was said in the game that Revan was dabbling and unearthing the secrets of Sith before the Mandalorian wars. So maybe after the Mandalorian Wars, the Sith Lord who was secretly teaching Revan wanted to make Revan his apprentice. Revan, becoming stronger in the force after the Mandalorian wars, refused and instead with the help of Malak overthrew the Sith Lord to become Dark Lord of the Sith.

I also think that one of these Sith Lords was Revan's master or teacher in the ways of the sith. If you read the opening of KOTOR it says that Malak was the last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, I guess this door was left open. Perhaps Malak was not the last survivor and if not what happen to the rest of the apprentices?

Firstly I think what OC said is quite a interesting idea. Although I like to be surprised like all of us no doubt so i hope it's nothing like that.

But moving on, to another thing in this thread.

Surely if you had turned DS at the temple completly remembering your revan and killing Jolee of course (The highlight of my game run), then your memory came back thus he woulda remembered his 3 apprentices :lol:

I may well be wrong, but that's how i percieved it

Surely if you had  turned DS at the temple completly remembering your revan and killing Jolee of course (The highlight of my game run), then your memory came back thus he woulda remembered his 3 apprentices :lol:

I think I remember at the Temple when Bastila was trying to turn you, you could replied something like, How could I be Revan if I don't remember who I was? and she replied (I'm probably misquoting), "It's true, Revan. Your mind was too badly damaged to ever fully recover your memories. But your power, your strength of will, the essence of who you are, these things still remain."

Surely if you had  turned DS at the temple completly remembering your revan and killing Jolee of course (The highlight of my game run), then your memory came back thus he woulda remembered his 3 apprentices :lol:

I think I remember at the Temple when Bastila was trying to turn you, you could replied something like, How could I be Revan if I don't remember who I was? and she replied (I'm probably misquoting), "It's true, Revan. Your mind was too badly damaged to ever fully recover your memories. But your power, your strength of will, the essence of who you are, these things still remain."

Ahhh right, i guess thats if ur lightside correct

i doubt the 3 apprentices or sith lords have any real connection to revan as for malak he was the worst sith lord since he merely hid behind his droids and followers what a wimp, if you read stuff in the game on revan you know he is a more hands on character from how the jedi got on the ship and the info on people he killed such as the echani dude.

The new sith lords could probably have been founded by an emporer type or three good students turned to the dark side.