rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

18 minutes ago, Amentep said:

If the rumored Switch Pro comes out around the same time I probably won't be able to resist. A bundle would be amazing.:biggrin:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Originally a Wii U game now remastered for all modern hardware. AFAIK this will be the first Fatal Frame game to make it to PC.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

So you looking for creativity as what you expect from Bioware ....but what do you define as creativity ?

Good question, and I don't think I know the answer to it.

I was about to write how damning I found Schreier's report - mainly that Bioware had no idea what they were setting out to do. Then again, it is not new, and seems to be common in game development. Mass Effect didn't end up as it was initially envisioned. That said, reading about ME1, it seems that they had too big ideas to realize, not lack of them. 

I generally am all for sequels - games are better suited for reuse of gameplay loops and gradual improvements, then most other mediums. Narrative nature of most Bioware games, I think goes against it. Stories tend to not get better with more installements. Worlds become duller the more they are explored, wonder and mistery becomes mundane. I loved Mass Effects (at least first two games), but I don't feel a need to return to this universe. Give me another adventure. Another world to explore. Surprise me. What I found appealing about Andromeda pitch wasn't familiar Mass Effect trappings but new positibilies that a new galaxy would allow for.

I have heard once, that culture that stops innovating, and starts being interesting in its history is reaching its end. I don't know how true it is, but it rings true to me. If Bioware doesn't know what is the next cool thing that they want to do, then who will?

EDIT. I am getting very philosophiocal here, and to be frank, nothing of it matters. If the next Bioware games look cool, and are received well, I will probably give them a chance. Hell, if DA4 looks good, I will probably finally buy and play Inquisition, just to be up to date. But I can't shake a feeling that Bioware as a studio was fundamentally broken with the massive expansion that happened before ME3. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Wow, you were not kidding about that trailer music.

Funny thing is I stopped the video to link it and immediately when I started it up again the music started blasting, so I had to edit the warning in. :lol:

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Oh my hat, this post wins the " BruceVC best post of the month  " award , you very fortunate because fame and fortune always follow those that win this prestigious nomination so well  done :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you. I could not even dream of achieving this award without my trusty clickety-clack keyboard and mouse buddies.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

The Bethesda space game trailer told me very little. 

I'd go so far as to say it told me nothing. I already knew Starfield was sci-fi themed (the name itself tells you that). The trailer was pre-rendered footage of an astronaut that may or may not appear in the game. I'll say this, it was a nice looking astronaut. Maybe this is the 16X the detail we were promised for FO76?

:shrugz:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

27 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'd go so far as to say it told me nothing.

:shrugz:

Well, planned release date. WIth 1,5 years to go, it's probably better to wait for details. Any gameplay would most likely be heavily touched up. I like the tone. I like hard SF. Need to see how SF plays before getting truly interested. 

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

If the rumored Switch Pro comes out around the same time I probably won't be able to resist. A bundle would be amazing.:biggrin:

Japanese trailer has different footage -

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

Japanese trailer has different footage -

Figures, Japan gets the premium trailer and we get the great value trailer. :p

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Well, planned release date. WIth 1,5 years to go, it's probably better to wait for details. Any gameplay would most likely be heavily touched up. I like the tone. I like hard SF. Need to see how SF plays before getting truly interested. 

It might be a bit bland.  Like, you know, every Bethesda game to date.  Bethesda is the perfect 'B' rate studio:  Big, Beautiful, BLAND so of course it's an American developer.

10 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Good question, and I don't think I know the answer to it.

I was about to write how damning I found Schreier's report - mainly that Bioware had no idea what they were setting out to do. Then again, it is not new, and seems to be common in game development. Mass Effect didn't end up as it was initially envisioned. That said, reading about ME1, it seems that they had too big ideas to realize, not lack of them. 

I generally am all for sequels - games are better suited for reuse of gameplay loops and gradual improvements, then most other mediums. Narrative nature of most Bioware games, I think goes against it. Stories tend to not get better with more installements. Worlds become duller the more they are explored, wonder and mistery becomes mundane. I loved Mass Effects (at least first two games), but I don't feel a need to return to this universe. Give me another adventure. Another world to explore. Surprise me. What I found appealing about Andromeda pitch wasn't familiar Mass Effect trappings but new positibilies that a new galaxy would allow for.

I have heard once, that culture that stops innovating, and starts being interesting in its history is reaching its end. I don't know how true it is, but it rings true to me. If Bioware doesn't know what is the next cool thing that they want to do, then who will?

EDIT. I am getting very philosophiocal here, and to be frank, nothing of it matters. If the next Bioware games look cool, and are received well, I will probably give them a chance. Hell, if DA4 looks good, I will probably finally buy and play Inquisition, just to be up to date. But I can't shake a feeling that Bioware as a studio was fundamentally broken with the massive expansion that happened before ME3. 

You make some good points here and I think you have summarized nicely the reality of what many of us  think or want  when it comes to new games from established gaming companies. I dont think your post is philosophical at all but grounded on the reality of any new game that has a history

I cannot tell you what I expect from newly released games, like DA4, because all I know is what I have played and what I enjoy so when it comes to the outcome of creativity I cant comment on what I dont know

For example lets take ELEX and how I absolutely loved it, it wasnt because it offered something new. It took what is standard PB gaming design and mechanics and basically improved on it in every level. That is all I want, I dont necessarily want creativity to find a game very entertaining because their is a real paradox when we are expected to ask for something in a game we have never experienced

I am not sure if this makes sense ?

So I was thinking when it comes to what we expect from the likes of Bioware and other gaming studios it makes more sense to not expect something new but rather what we dont want to see as a feature of the game 

So the more relevant question we should all ask ourselves is " what do we not want to see from future Bioware games " because that should be the main reason we would or wouldnt support them?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

The Bethesda space game trailer told me very little. I will probably still get it, as they've really only had one clunker recently, and hopefully this is nothing like Fallout 76.

Hurlshot that sounds dangerously close to being  unpatriotic, you know Bethesda is an American company ;)

But I want to raise that Fallout 76 has come a long way since its calamitous launch, their have been numerous updates and expansions and the game is really stable and is worth playing now. So we should try not to think of it like it use to be but rather how much it has improved :thumbsup:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hmm, I have completely missed this news. Square Enix will be remastering all of their pixel Final Fantasies 😮

https://www.siliconera.com/square-enix-announces-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-series/

Unfortunately for now only on Steam and Android 🤷‍♂️

• Hmmm 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 6/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, Agiel said:

Hmm, the combat section early on looks very action-y. In the previous games playing like that would likely have gotten you killed in very short order.

I do hope that was just for the trailer and the actual game preserves the deadliness of the earlier games' combat.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in Ghost of Tsushima on PC

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, Oner said:

I was going to voice disappointment but I wouldn't have bought it for 70€ anyway.

I'm still going to wait for the Ultimate FF7-Remake, Remastered, 8K/RT/DLSS PC edition that will have all of them (however many that ends up being - 3? 4? who knows?) in one package for ... 🤔 ...  $149?  I might still be alive then.

• Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Death Trash got a playable demo.

Death Trash features a world where cosmic horrors long for humanity but meet punks with shotguns. Influenced by post-apocalyptic, horror, and cyberpunk classics but with a fresh personality of its own. Death Trash combines the crunch and depth of old-school, role-playing classics with the controls and game feel of modern games.

Death Trash is an open-world, singleplayer role-playing game with handcrafted levels, a strong story campaign and optional local co-op gameplay.

The game features real-time gameplay with ranged and melee combat, stealth, multiple choice dialogue, an inventory of items and worms, a crafting system, and skills like pickpocketing and puking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.