rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

Devolver taking the piss, as per usual:

Phantom Abyss looks great. Here's the trailer in case you don't want to watch the 30 minute Devolver presentation:

You should probably watch the entire presentation, though. The Devolver Cinematic Universe is more compelling than the MCU, DCEU, Star Wars and the dead on arrival Monsterverse or whatever WB Universal was going to call it.:p

Edit: Also, I suddenly have an urge to eat a chili cheese dog.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Devolver taking the piss, as per usual:

Phantom Abyss looks great. Here's the trailer in case you don't want to watch the 30 minute Devolver presentation:

You should probably watch the entire presentation, though. The Devolver Cinematic Universe is more compelling than the MCU, DCEU, Star Wars and the dead on arrival Monsterverse or whatever WB was going to call it.:p

Edit: Also, I suddenly have an urge to eat a chili cheese dog.

You forgot the new Snyder+Netflix Zombie Cinematic Plothole Verse 😄

It deserves also a honourable mention in your list. I haven't seen so many holes at one place since my visit of local cheese factory in Volendam (Netherlands) in 2016...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Gasp! 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

18 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

You forgot the new Snyder+Netflix Zombie Cinematic Plothole Verse 😄

It deserves also a honourable mention in your list. I haven't seen so many holes at one place since my visit of local cheese factory in Volendam (Netherlands) in 2016...

the total waste of las vegas aesthetic was the main problem

movie waste so much time in bland looking hallway

• Like 1

I should add I wrote WB by mistake, I meant Universal. Monsterverse is probably the Godzilla and King Kong movies or whatever. I have no idea how successful those movies are, not my jam. I meant whatever was going to be the cinematic universe starting with the Tom Cruise Mummy remake which bombed horribly and killed the whole thing before it started. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Did they get Momoa to do a cameo as a security guard?

(Yeah, you see the man later on and they did not, but the first appearance really has you wonder)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/biowares-new-general-manager-promises-to-rebuild-its-reputation/

Some good news around Bioware, it  now has  a new permanent  GM who has over 20 years in the gaming industry and  has said  its  " all about rebuilding that reputation, and delivering on that promise of quality " 

Personally I dont think Bioware needs to rebuild its reputation as I like and support their games but I can appreciate his statement. Hopefully that should convince many forum members to give Bioware another chance with upcoming games like DA4 8)

Because " the more the merrier " when it comes to generating revenue for any sales orientated company 💰

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Oner said:

WARNING: Unnecessarily edgy metal trashing 

Y'all already know that I'm all about Eurojank RPGs so I'm obviously excited about this, questionable music choice notwithstanding. I mean, if you are going with nu metal at least get Sevendust. :p

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Some good news around Bioware, it  now has  a new permanent  GM who has over 20 years in the gaming industry and  has said  its  " all about rebuilding that reputation, and delivering on that promise of quality " 

I have fond memories of old Bioware games, but as it's been over 10 years since they did something decent (Didn't play Inquisition, from what I had heard this one has at least some merit to it), so I will need more then pretty words.

I wouldn't count on myself getting interested in DA4, as I strongly disliked even DA:O, but ME4 has a chance to bring me back. I was already getting dangerously interested in Andromeda as the premise showed a lot of promise, but from what I heard they wiffed it. 

Over the years, I have grown more critical even of their old formula, so I am not sure how well I would respond to "classic Bioware" these days even if they returned to basics. But I must say, I don't think Bioware doing another DA and ME are good signs. Bioware peaked doing new things. Baldur's Gates, Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, DA:Origins were all revolutionary and original in their times. To be good again, Bioware needs to be creative again. Doing old things, even if well, will at the most be nostalgia comfort food. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Oner said:

Oh my hat, this post wins the " BruceVC best post of the month  " award , you very fortunate because fame and fortune always follow those that win this prestigious nomination so well  done :thumbsup:

Coincidently I just finished ELEX 1 last night and its the best game from Piranha Bytes I have ever played and I loved the Gothic and Risen series

I was just asking on the ELEX Steam forums if there will be an ELEX 2 and people werent sure ....now we know their will be. Day 1 purchase for sure :dancing::dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I have fond memories of old Bioware games, but as it's been over 10 years since they did something decent (Didn't play Inquisition, from what I had heard this one has at least some merit to it), so I will need more then pretty words.

I wouldn't count on myself getting interested in DA4, as I strongly disliked even DA:O, but ME4 has a chance to bring me back. I was already getting dangerously interested in Andromeda as the premise showed a lot of promise, but from what I heard they wiffed it. 

Over the years, I have grown more critical even of their old formula, so I am not sure how well I would respond to "classic Bioware" these days even if they returned to basics. But I must say, I don't think Bioware doing another DA and ME are good signs. Bioware peaked doing new things. Baldur's Gates, Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, DA:Origins were all revolutionary and original in their times. To be good again, Bioware needs to be creative again. Doing old things, even if well, will at the most be nostalgia comfort food. 

Wormie you make a reasonable argument about the future of Bioware games and you investing in them. So you looking for creativity as what you expect from Bioware ....but what do you define as creativity ?

The reason I ask is I have no  issue with playing a particular game if it has the same design and mechanics as  previous games if I enjoyed them. So I believe in the mantra  " if its not broken, no need to fix it " . However I am always prepared to try something new from any recognized gaming company especially if I have played and enjoyed games from that company 

But what specifically are you expecting from Bioware, I know its a difficult question but we cant expect Bioware to deliver on objectives if we cannot articulate them ourselves ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Anthem says hello 😛

• Haha 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/biowares-new-general-manager-promises-to-rebuild-its-reputation/

Some good news around Bioware, it  now has  a new permanent  GM who has over 20 years in the gaming industry

And those years were spent on sport managers and mobile games aka Microtransaction Central. (Where's that emoji with $ for eyes when you need it?)

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

If Caja leads the berserkers, where is Nasty leading the outlaws? Or is she mad you killed her dumbass brother at the end.

Good question. I wanted to Romance Nasty, because she was hotter and fun,  but I found her usage of constant profanity very un-ladylike and off putting. She also annoyed me with her lack of any emotional discussion 

So I settled with Caja....I enjoyed her personality but I wasnt really attracted to her but Jax isnt exactly a Romeo so I ignored the whole lack of real attraction 

I hope they create different character models because as Comrade pointed out they did reuse the same characters models which happens sometimes to keep costs down 

I enjoyed killing Logan at the end because he had an attitude problem 8)

John Milton 

23 minutes ago, bugarup said:

And those years were spent on sport managers and mobile games aka Microtransaction Central. (Where's that emoji with $ for eyes when you need it?)

Good point about the problem with overusing microtransactions and the philosophy of using them in games...lets hope this isnt a  part of  DA4 or ME4. But I cant see how they would be implemented successfully in a single player game?

John Milton 

4 hours ago, Oner said:

Wow, you were not kidding about that trailer music.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unit models need some work, I think

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

I was just about to post this. Darn you. I will have my revenge in this life or the next or my name isn't Sir William Wallace.

Yeah it sux when you want to share some good news about a game and someone else posts it first 

John Milton 

When shopping for vidya games remember to shop smart.

Shop S-Mart.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸