rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/6-big-takeaways-from-elden-rings-epic-gameplay-trailer/

Here are some good opinions on this anticipated game and also some relevant views on the George RR Martin influence 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Basic news out of the Koch Media stream so far:

• Koch Media decided that Koch Media isn't a sexy label, so they now will publish games under the label Prime Matter.
  • New Pain Killer announced.
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance brings out a physical version of the dice game that is played in the game. They also are going to sell Kingdom Come Deliverance soap.
  • Dolmen is described as a Lovecraft meets Giger hardcore RPG soulslike. (I think in obsidian forum talk that translates at: a game @Mamoulian Warwill play, enjoy though not being all that good at)
  • Koch couldn't teach their community person to pronounce the company name.
  • King's Bounty 2 release 24. August.
Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

56 minutes ago, melkathi said:

They also are going to sell Kingdom Come Deliverance soap.

Wait, what? :lol:

Also, did they say who is developing the new Painkiller?

Also also, I always assumed Koch was pronounced like "cook".

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Saber is making Painkiller.

Yeah, soap. According to the guy from KC:Deliverance medieval doesn't smell all that bad.

According to the Koch community person it's pronounced scotch...

It i painful. I can't listen to her ask another helpless dev: "What are the benefits of having us as your publisher?" (best answer from the Scar Above (sexy looking game) Dev: "Not wanting to downplay the financial benefits, but the benefit it hanging out with you guys" 😛)

Edited by melkathi
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bioware needs to make some Mass Effect soaps.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I completely forgot E3 was on.

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Miranda's Ass Shaped Soap.

"We took it out of the game so that you can rub it on your body".

Sounds like someone's got marketing written all over him.  

Shepard Soap - You'll bang, OK ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Why did you decide to make King's Bounty 2 an rpg turn based tactics game like the original King's Bounty? Is it because if you didn't it would no longer be a King's Bounty game?"

Dev: "I don't need to answer that question you already did. King's Bounty is a turn based tactical combat game with strong rpg elements. It isn't an rpg that happens to be turned based. Then it would be high fantasy Mass Effect. But it isn't, it is King's Bounty."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oner said:

It _means_ cook, but the pronunciation rhymes with epoch.

From the weapons manufacturer I always thought it was like 'loch' but sort of dragging the 'h' sound out more. 

My god was that stream painful and boring to watch. They had so little trailers they decided to fill it with Q&As. That was such a bad idea...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Is it over? I quit when she asked the poor Encased dev how living in Russia affects the perspective on game development compared to western countries (the norm of perspectives and gold standard of how people should develop games apparently).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

Is it over? I quit when she asked the poor Encased dev how living in Russia affects the perspective on game development compared to western countries (the norm of perspectives and gold standard of how people should develop games apparently).

You stayed long enough for that? I just changed to IGN and watched the Encased trailer afterwards. I quit the interview after the first question because I had already heard their questions for other developers. I don't know who's responsible for this mess, but they should be fired immediately. That was just painful. I don't care about the developer's childhood or previous carreer, I just want to know more about the game itself. How hard could that be?

Edited by LittleRose

This wasn't about gaming. It was an excuse to parade some poor devs on a stream to say how amazing the publisher is. "We pay for your game, tell the gamers how grateful you are."

• Hmmm 1